Animation Revelation's Top 65 Cartoons Talkback Thread

Started by Avaitor, June 27, 2011, 10:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

And here's the next.

Wow, we're this far already? Crazy. This is where the really good stuff comes in, too.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Zim made it! I thought it was too overrated for you bitches. And now I have a slight idea about what Higurashi is about
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 04, 2011, 02:04:40 PM
Zim made it! I thought it was too overrated for you bitches.
What? No. I'm the only one on staff who doesn't like it, and I can still see and laugh at the humor in at least half of the episodes.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

WHAT!?! South Park is at #21 and there is NO Family Guy in sight!?! I swear if FG doesn't make it into the top 20....NO, the top 10, then this list is garbage! Family Guy is the greatest animated sitcom of our time! The Simpsons can just go fuck itself!

gunswordfist

DUCK TALES! AH WOO OH! One of the shows that made me wish I paid more attention to Disney. I am going to have to get those DVDs.

I actually stopped caring for Animaniacs and Tint Toons when I was a kid

Avaitor

New blog!

gunswordfist

Still hate Gundam and oh God @ JLU instead of Justice League.

Yay @ Futurama and Dragonball making it

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 06, 2011, 12:33:44 PM
Our JL entry counts for both the original and Unlimited. They're the same series, and we couldn't tear them apart.

New blog!

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on July 06, 2011, 12:37:50 PM
Our JL entry counts for both the original and Unlimited. They're the same series, and we couldn't tear them apart.
Yeah, if it didn't encompass both, my rage would be unstoppable.

Eddy

I enjoy DBZ but that really summed up well what makes Dragon Ball the superior series. This list has been pretty great overall, save for one or two disagreements I've had.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on July 06, 2011, 12:39:08 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on July 06, 2011, 12:37:50 PM
Yeah, if it didn't encompass both, my rage would be unstoppable.
Oh it sounded like JL was being ignored

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Speaking individually here, save for the Cadmus arc in JLU I always personally preferred JL and its significantly smaller cast of heroes than JLU which broadened its focus on a bunch of heroes and villains that I honestly had a hard time caring about. That said, I can still respect that series for its great writing and darker plots and story-telling, but overall I think I think JL just suited my personal tastes much better.

Speaking of which, I can't wait until we get to the top 10. There WILL certainly be some controversy there (though I won't spoil what to expect in it), but if anyone has any disagreements on one of them in particular which I sort of expect, I'll gladly take full responsibility for its placement, but once again I'm not saying what it is (if you know me well enough, though, you'll know what it is when you see it).

To be honest, though, viewing this list as a whole is really something else. Even us at AR weren't exactly sure how the final product would end up looking like when we posted it in this manner, and I have to say that I'm really pleased with what we've managed to accomplish. To completely rule out personal opinions and bias in a list like this is downright impossible, but I feel that we've done a really good job of keeping it to the bare minimum so far. I'm also just happy to finally see a list that acknowledges shows that other lists like this ignore for 80's nostalgia, especially when these shows that rank so high really deserve their rankings (even if we had to create the list and rank the shows ourselves to get these sorts of results).

Eddy

The top ten better be the following:

10) Assy McGee
09) Rocket Power
08) Butch Hartman (not any of his shows in particular, just Butch Hartman himself)
07) The Super Mario Bros. Super Show
06) Captain N
05) My Little Pony (G1)
04) Problem Solverz
03) Donkey Kong Country
02) Drawn Together
01) Bad Dog

In all seriousness, I expect to see Ed, Edd n Eddy, Cowboy Bebop, The Simpsons, Rocko's Modern Life, Looney Tunes, Batman: The Animated Series, and maybe FLCL in the coming entries.