Animation Revelation's Top 65 Cartoons Talkback Thread

Started by Avaitor, June 27, 2011, 10:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Oh shit! Who the hell leaked out our top 10 entries? There's no way I'm going to believe that Eddy is just that fucking great of a guesser. :oo:

Foggle

Quote from: Eddy on July 06, 2011, 02:10:50 PM
The top ten better be the following:

10) Assy McGee
09) Rocket Power
08) Butch Hartman (not any of his shows in particular, just Butch Hartman himself)
07) The Super Mario Bros. Super Show
06) Captain N
05) My Little Pony (G1)
04) Problem Solverz
03) Donkey Kong Country
02) Drawn Together
01) Bad Dog
You know, that would actually be fucking hilarious if we pulled that shit out of nowhere and trolled everyone, especially after all the praise our list has gotten.

I loved the Donkey Kong show, but it was absolutely horrifically awful in every conceivable way. Even still, I loved it.

What the hell is Bad Dog? *looks it up* FUCK, I remember this shit. It was terribad.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 06, 2011, 02:04:18 PM
Speaking individually here, save for the Cadmus arc in JLU I always personally preferred JL and its significantly smaller cast of heroes than JLU which broadened its focus on a bunch of heroes and villains that I honestly had a hard time caring about. That said, I can still respect that series for its great writing and darker plots and story-telling, but overall I think I think JL just suited my personal tastes much better.

Speaking of which, I can't wait until we get to the top 10. There WILL certainly be some controversy there (though I won't spoil what to expect in it), but if anyone has any disagreements on one of them in particular which I sort of expect, I'll gladly take full responsibility for its placement, but once again I'm not saying what it is (if you know me well enough, though, you'll know what it is when you see it).

To be honest, though, viewing this list as a whole is really something else. Even us at AR weren't exactly sure how the final product would end up looking like when we posted it in this manner, and I have to say that I'm really pleased with what we've managed to accomplish. To completely rule out personal opinions and bias in a list like this is downright impossible, but I feel that we've done a really good job of keeping it to the bare minimum so far. I'm also just happy to finally see a list that acknowledges shows that other lists like this ignore for 80's nostalgia, especially when these shows that rank so high really deserve their rankings (even if we had to create the list and rank the shows ourselves to get these sorts of results).
I already know what show you're talking about and I hate you. I'll still get around to watching it but yeah I hate you
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Eddy on July 06, 2011, 02:10:50 PM
The top ten better be the following:

10) Assy McGee
09) Rocket Power
08) Butch Hartman (not any of his shows in particular, just Butch Hartman himself)
07) The Super Mario Bros. Super Show
06) Captain N
05) My Little Pony (G1)
04) Problem Solverz
03) Donkey Kong Country
02) Drawn Together
01) Bad Dog

In all seriousness, I expect to see Ed, Edd n Eddy, Cowboy Bebop, The Simpsons, Rocko's Modern Life, Looney Tunes, Batman: The Animated Series, and maybe FLCL in the coming entries.
Since one of the mods is a jackass that hates FLCL it won't make it. Also Avaitor probably forced Looney Tunes out of the criteria AGAIN.

I think the top 10 will either be:
EK biased pick OR EK and another member's beloved show
Gargoyles
Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy
Cowboy Bebop
Batman
Monster
The Simpsons
Yu yu Hakusho
King Of The Hill
Rurouni Kenshin

A predictable bunch, y'all are.

If Billy and Mandy makes the list, I am punching Desen in the face. EK's pick is FAR more acceptable than complete shit

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Evangelion is shit and you should be ashamed of putting The Flintstones on here when the live action movie is clearly superior. :sly:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on July 07, 2011, 11:21:31 AM
Evangelion is shit and you should be ashamed of putting The Flintstones on here when the live action movie is clearly superior. :sly:
The first 3 words are fact.

Nice Tom and Jerry breakdown and I should have known Rocko would make it

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Spark Of Spirit

Oh, GSF.

Anyway, the list is getting interesting, and I think our top 10 should really surprise and/or delight some people!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

I still expect King of the Hill and Yu Yu Hakusho to make it into the Top 10, and with every listing that seems to be a reality. I will not be surprised if both of them appeared in tomorrow's listing.

gunswordfist

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 07, 2011, 11:47:46 AM

:sweat: Scared me for a second then I remember that Foggle has no power here. He's just the site's mascot.

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 07, 2011, 02:08:46 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on July 07, 2011, 11:47:46 AM

:sweat: Scared me for a second then I remember that Foggle has no power here. He's just the site's mascot.
:lol: :lol:

Avaitor

Reminds me, the T-Shirts with Foggle doing the AR cheer are coming out soon.

Preorder now! :thumbup:
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daxdiv on July 07, 2011, 01:40:25 PM
I still expect King of the Hill and Yu Yu Hakusho to make it into the Top 10, and with every listing that seems to be a reality. I will not be surprised if both of them appeared in tomorrow's listing.
That's like predicting the sun rising. The staff here talks about the same shit over and over. KOTH and YYH have a 200% chance of making it. In fact, with some of the expected top 10 making it, they're top 5, guaranteed.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on July 07, 2011, 02:10:50 PM
Reminds me, the T-Shirts with Foggle doing the AR cheer are coming out soon.

Preorder now! :thumbup:
With Foggle getting no cut of the profits. You guys just feed Foggle Klondike bars through his costume and call it a day.

Avaitor

New blog!