Animation Revelation's Top 65 Cartoons Talkback Thread

Started by Avaitor, June 27, 2011, 10:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

The Simpsons best stuff ran almost as long as KOTH did as a whole, so it wasn't that much of a hard decision. However, they are close together on the list for a reason.

FMP was way further up the list dude, I think you missed it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Desensitized on July 09, 2011, 02:54:09 PM
The Simpsons best stuff ran almost as long as KOTH did as a whole, so it wasn't that much of a hard decision. However, they are close together on the list for a reason.

FMP was way further up the list dude, I think you missed it.
Fullmetal Panic?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Oh yeah, the Witch round. Forgot about that on purpose

Avaitor

And to round things up, here is our bonus article.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

You guys suck. Teen Titans is way better than your shitty Batman shit. Go fuck yourselves, AR! :anger:

Eddy

I liked Teen Titans.  :shit: But I can admit it had a lot of flaws.

I'm actually really happy to NOT see Samurai Jack on this list. I never understood all the praise that series got. Aku was pretty cool but, aside from that, Samurai Jack was the very definition of "all style, no substance" to me.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Thank you! I was beginning to think that I was the only person who didn't get any of the appeal behind Samurai Jack. I don't hate the show or anything, but it was always all style and no substance.

gunswordfist

How the fuck did STB have a better chance of making it than Samurai Jack? Jack had tons of personality, whether it came from one episode characters like the Macho Man Randy Savage alien from the Dome of Doom or Aku himself. Yes Jack himself didn't have that much personality but everyone knows that Aku is the real star of the show. He basically struggles more than Jack because Jack stomps his ass into the ground everytime and he's the go to character for comedy.

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 10, 2011, 01:27:33 PM
How the fuck did STB have a better chance of making it than Samurai Jack?
Actually, it didn't, but we wanted to mention SBT as a recent series that is worth watching, but might be too new to make it on.

Jack was considered before, but didn't made it in.

New blog!

chdr

I agree with not putting Samurai Jack on the list. Overrated as shit, and not very good once you look past the show's artsy pretenses. Certainly not Genndy's best.

But shame on you for lumping American Dad with Family Guy  :oo: There are very few cartoons to stay consistently funny and clever past 100 episodes, and AD is one of them.

While I can see that Adventure Time is definitely too early to be on the list, I think it should definitely be near the top in similar lists years from now. It's one of the few shows where absolutely everything (voices, music, writing, visuals, concept...) feels original and pitch-perfect.

Spark Of Spirit

It's all right, I guess. Nothing really list worthy, but definitely more consistent than Family Guy.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

No way Adventure Time deserved to make it. It gets old fast and is shit compared to Regular Show, which is CN's only good new comedy

Foggle

gunswordfist