Animation Revelation's Top 65 Cartoons Talkback Thread

Started by Avaitor, June 27, 2011, 10:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I want to know how Rurouni Kenshin didn't make it.

All staff should be forced to watch Legion Of Superheroes. Easily the best superhero team show outside of JL. It's 100% solid and infinitely better than that Evolution and Avengers shit.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

The anime is only good up until the canon ends.

Every anime on this list is more consistent and higher quality on the whole.

The anime is not that good.

Choose your explanation.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

chdr

^ I'm sorry, but that is an invalid response. You lose the game, sir

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Quote from: chdr on July 10, 2011, 07:28:40 PM
^ I'm sorry, but that is an invalid response. You lose the game, sir
Don't make me use pocket sand on you

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Desensitized on July 10, 2011, 05:46:39 PM

If we're talking about Rurouni Kenshin I'm going to have to disagree in terms of the Canon material alone. It handled that just fine and Furahara is a great director. The problem was the filler which was horrible, which is why RK anime on the whole is not that good. Everything up until then was pretty consistent and high quality, though. I've read the Kyoto arc in the manga and watched it in the anime and honestly the anime does a great adaptation of that arc. I agree that it doesn't deserve to be on the list because of the shitty filler, though.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 10, 2011, 08:04:22 PM
Quote from: Desensitized on July 10, 2011, 05:46:39 PM

If we're talking about Rurouni Kenshin I'm going to have to disagree in terms of the Canon material alone. It handled that just fine and Furahara is a great director. The problem was the filler which was horrible, which is why RK anime on the whole is not that good. Everything up until then was pretty consistent and high quality, though. I've read the Kyoto arc in the manga and watched it in the anime and honestly the anime does a great adaptation of that arc. I agree that it doesn't deserve to be on the list because of the shitty filler, though.
I disagree. The filler arc should be completely ignored like the later seasons of The Simpsons

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

No, the filler arc can't be ignored you dumb-fuck because unlike The Simpsons, RK is not an episodic series. In an arc-based series with heavy continuity you can't just ignore the weaker parts because then you could argue that just about every other show is great if you ignored the filler. So, in other words: No, your favorite series isn't excused from having shitty filler so deal with it you little fucking maggot. :anger:

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

If we ignore the filler in RK, then there's no proper ending.

The thing is, if we're going to make excuses to include some shows, why not instead include shows in which we DON'T have to bend to fit into our criteria? Which is what we did.

Which is why it's a great list.

Also, no one is saying the Rurouni Kenshin anime sucks, it just doesn't stack up as a whole. Maybe if we get a new anime...
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on July 10, 2011, 08:33:57 PM
I love it when you guys troll each other. :lol:
I wasn't even trolling him. He just decided to go full retard all on his own

Angus

Well for RK even if you ignore the third season, there's still the first season of semi-episodics.

It's too bad Scooby didn't make the list, but yeah, too many post1970s versions that water down the product. I'd watch reruns of that over Rocky and Bullwinkle anytime in those wee hours of Cartoon Network.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Spark Of Spirit

I like select Scooby material, but as a whole there is a lot of garbage in there. As a whole it just doesn't stack well against anything else.

gunswordfist