SpongeBob SquarePants

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 27, 2010, 08:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

i suspected as much. good burger is my favorite out of the two.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Don't you love that modern SpongeBob goofiness? Isn't it so funny?

Daikun

gunswordfist

talonmalon333

If that happens, I doubt it'll help much. They lost a lot more than Hillenburg after the good era.

gunswordfist

you mean other key staff members?

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on December 14, 2014, 01:49:26 PM
you mean other key staff members?

Yep. A lot of the old writers are gone.

talonmalon333

It sounds like the new SpongeBob movie has been generally well received, but a lot of people seem to be in agreement that the first movie was better. Many also say the CG isn't as good as the traditional animation.

Is there anyone here that was kind of hoping it wouldn't perform well in the box office, just to bring the series closer to cancellation? :light:

gunswordfist

i am close to thinking that...

Spark Of Spirit

Chances of that aren't so good. I have a feeling they got Hillenburg to try and take advantage of the extra attention they're likely to get from the movie.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

If the movie is indeed good, I'll probably try and catch it if I find the opportunity. There hasn't been anything good Spongebob-related in a while, after all.

talonmalon333

QuoteWhile not committing to a sequel Sunday, she called it "a good bet," and said that Nickolodeon deserves a lot of credit for how it has managed the SpongeBob brand.
http://www.thewrap.com/spongebob-soaks-up-55-million-to-swamp-jupiter-ascending-seventh-son-at-box-office/

SpongeBob is never going to end. Audiences will be talking about it and The Simpsons in the year 4037.

LumRanmaYasha

It's too entrenched into popular culture to ever disappear out of public consciousness at this point no matter how mediocre it's been for the last ten years. I'm not surprised the film did as well as it did on it's opening weekend either.

talonmalon333

True, but it has to end at some point. I think some people were figuring/hoping that would be in the next few years. At this point, I think it could easily get another movie and see its 20 year anniversary.

LumRanmaYasha

Even if the show ends in a few years, I'd fully expect to see a rebooted version to come out only a few years after or other content based around it regularly produced. Like Scooby Doo and similar popular cartoon franchises, it'll never go away.