What Are You Watching?

Started by Avaitor, October 21, 2012, 02:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Ek, Young Justice was definitely better than any Avengers arc. Especially ones like the Kang arc which was like 2 episodes and had a dull ending.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Peter David wrote the original Young Justice series, so that might account for it. Shame he didn't have any creative input in it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 08, 2016, 05:25:12 PM
Ek, Young Justice was definitely better than any Avengers arc. Especially ones like the Kang arc which was like 2 episodes and had a dull ending.

I stopped taking your opinions seriously back when you trashed great shows like The Spectacular Spider-Man and praised hot garbage like Legion of Super-Heroes. So, I basically consider you to be a joke poster at this point. No actual response to that is necessary.

Though I will at least say that while I do like Young Justice on the whole (it's one of my top 10 favorite superhero shows), I must say, I like how AEMH actually follows and respects its own source material. What a concept!

Also the Kang arc is three episodes. Way to show how little you actually know about a show that you're arguing against. Like I said: joke poster. :>

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 08, 2016, 05:56:34 PM
Peter David wrote the original Young Justice series, so that might account for it. Shame he didn't have any creative input in it.
That makes so much sense.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

aish22

I am watching tom and jerry, what's about you my friends.

Avaitor

I've been watching my Hey Arnold! set from the beginning, and just finished season 2 the other night. I'm still enjoying it, but I was surprised how at the end of the season, Miss Slovak came back. Literally, no explanation or anything. I know that Mr. Simmons sticks around for the rest of the run, but it feels weird to be told that Miss Slovak left Arnold's class to pursue a career in golf, and come back out of nowhere.

Of course, I recognize that these are likely just episodes that aired out of order, but it's awkward. Did kids notice this when these aired for the first time? I'm pretty sure I was watching the show from the beginning, but I honestly couldn't tell you what my reactions were.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

I was at FYE yesterday, and noticed something pretty cool- a new copy of the first season of Tom & Jerry Tales marked down to only $4. It even came in one of those CN 20th anniversary slipcovers they slapped onto some DVD releases around that time. I have enough of a spending problem, so I passed this time, but it's a pretty good show. Easily among the best thing to happen to the cat and mouse since Bill and Joe left MGM. It's toned down from their original shorts, and the animation and music aren't as impressive, but the sense of humor and even the passion are still there.

Did you guys ever see much of the show? It was among the last shows to be a part of Kids WB!, along with SSM and Legion of Super Heroes.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I didn't see that one, but I saw the new show currently airing. The first season flash animation was a bit rough, but the show was well done otherwise, and the second season looks a lot better.

Tom & Jerry is not a hard show to get right, so I imagine Tales is pretty good too.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I've only seen tiny bits of the new show, but I was a little turned off by its flash animation. If season 2 did drop it, then I'll probably give that a go.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I'm not sure if they dropped it, but it's a lot less noticeable than it was in season one. It's a lot less flat looking than it was before. too.

Avaitor

Tom & Jerry really shouldn't be so hard to do well, but few have come close to Bill and Joe's run. Even Chuck Jones, one of the all-time greats, made his run too similar to his Road Runner cartoons, which are more automated. This, for instance, wouldn't make it into one of Jones' cartoons.

Mainly, I don't get why Warner is still making those T&J movies where they interact with various characters. They almost relegate Tom and Jerry to the background, which is a waste. That said, I still want to give the Jonny Quest one a watch at some point.

Speaking of cartoons that don't do much justice for the original, I've watched a little of What's New, Scooby-Doo, and I'm still not hot on it. The show represents how increasingly watered down the Scooby movies were getting at that point, making Zombie Island and Witches Ghost feel almost foreign. Warner's use of coloring was nice for the series, but the actual animation wasn't as sharp, nor was its use of the characters. I much prefer Mystery Incorporated.

New blog!

Avaitor

So yeah, I finished Hey Arnold! the other night. Now that I've seen it all in full, I do think that the last season was a step back. Plots were becoming increasingly more recycled, and increasingly tiresome. We weren't really learning anything new about the characters anymore, and the last batch of voices for some of the kids didn't feel right.

That said, everything to do with Arnold's parents were fantastic, and leaves me really excited for The Jungle. I do wish that the set ended off with "The Journal", since the last few episodes feel especially anticlimatic. I mean, the last episode is a Maltese Falcon parody, and a fart joke. Seriously.

For my nighttime series, I was going to give the new Voltron a go... but then I remembered that BoJack Horseman's third season just came up, so that takes top priority. Once I'm done with both of those, I think that I'll give NGE a rewatch.

New blog!

Dreamer2

Thanks to MTV Classic, I just watched an episode of Aeon Flux. And I got l lost very quickly. Plus, this show is just weird. Reporters are naked, the main character is almost naked, she makes out with like everyone, the plot was crazy strange. I might watch another one or two, but this was definitely something weird.

Hopefully, Clone High and The Maxx are more interesting and less confusing.

Spark Of Spirit

The Maxx is extremely confusing.

Avaitor

I was talking about watching some Mystery Incorporated again, and what do you know, I scored a good deal on eBay and got the first season for pretty cheap! I'll give a couple of episodes a watch later.

Sadly, I can't really afford to get season 2 as well, unless I find an even bigger deal. But this is how I like my Scooby.

New blog!