Game Of The Year

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 03, 2011, 12:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on December 25, 2012, 03:30:51 AM
Hotline Miami is seriously the only game that kept me interested for longer than 10 minutes.
I just looked this up. This is basically what I expected Retro City Rampage to be like.

It's not really my type of game, but I'm kind of surprised it hasn't been talked about more.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rosalinas Spare Wand

It was really popular back in April and then forgotten about until it went on sale on Steam earlier this month. I need to get back into it since I haven't finished it.

Also, I totally forgot Rhythm Heaven came out for us Americans this year. Another great game with a shitload of replayability.

Eddy

My game of the year was, hands down, The Walking Dead.

I also greatly enjoyed Borderlands 2, Lollipop Chainsaw, Silent Hill Downpour, Minecraft (360 version), and Adventure Time: Hey, Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?!!

gunswordfist

So what AAA game won the most GOTY awards for 2012?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I think it was Mass Effect 3.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Since I know EK picked that game as his GOTY, I have no complaints. :sly:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Last year GOTY was A Link Between Worlds followed by The Wonderful 101.

This year:

Spoiler

[close]

It was a slow year for AAA games, but that means it was a good year for me. Lots of great stuff this year.

Foggle

Four way tie between Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Drakengard 3, and The Evil Within for me.

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle

Overwatch for me, but even after only 3 hours of the campaign, Doom is getting up there. Can't wait to make my own levels with that SnapMap thing! :D The multiplayer is pretty bad, though.

I still need to finish Hitman and Let It Die, but both of those would get full marks from me as well.

Mustang

Uncharted 4 for me, but I have a bit to catch up on (My backlog is huge)
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Jamie, Juri
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Daxdiv

Pokémon Sun and Moon. I just liked how the mixed up the formula a bit.

Dr. Insomniac

Peanutbutter

I love Final Fantasy 15. Heard nothing but good things about Overwatch though, so I'll be renting it soon.