Do you read electronically?

Started by Daikun, December 01, 2012, 05:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

I'm just curious: Do you like to read your books with an electronic device like a Nook or Kindle, or do you prefer to obtain physical copies from a bookstore (if you still have one near you) or online shop?

Spark Of Spirit

I can't stand reading on a screen. Not only does it give me a headache, but I also lose attention faster. I prefer physical books.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I have an app on my iPhone where you can download classic literature, and when I'm away, I'll read a bit of some of the books I have saved from there.

Otherwise, I much prefer physical copies, in any case. Books are no exception.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

I was born with physical copies. I'll die with physical copies.

Foggle

Rynnec

The only times I'll ever read electronically are either if I can't find a physical copy, or if it's e-book exclusive. And even then I'd prefer to have something that at least emulates physical reading like a kindle, rather than read it on my phone.

Pharass

Personally, I prefer physical copies, but have nothing against reading books digitally.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Angus

I did try to read a light novel online, and The Wonderful Wizard of Oz over at Project Gutenberg.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

LumRanmaYasha

I definitely prefer physical copies, especially for books. When it comes to comics, I'm a little more okay with reading digital versions, but would still rather feel the soft, rough touch of paper and ink between my hands all the same.

VLordGTZ

I prefere reading physical copies of books, but I tend to read more books digitally due to convenience.

Lord Il

There's no denying the convenience of reading electronically, but physical copies of books in my hands is how I like to roll.

I have to laugh at some people I know who will buy a Kindle, use it only a few times and end up never using it again.
???

Angus

Nice thing about physical books is you don't have to worry if you lose it.  And if it's something from Twilight you can almost always find a replacement copy for like a dollar or two at the library.  Doesn't quite work with Hunger Games though.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Commode

I read mostly on the Kindle app on my phone, mainly because it's so easy to whip out your phone when you have a few extra minutes to spare.  I mean, I'm always carrying around my phone, don't often carry around books.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

The Shadow Gentleman

No-Personality

The last time I didn't read electronically (and I'm not talking Directions, like on a packet of soap mix or whatnot), I was doing one of those Choose Your Own Adventure books.

Not a big fan of other writers' fiction.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...