What Movie Did You Just Watch

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 08:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

i want to play stranglehold. the demo was decent and it's from the team that made psi-ops.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 28, 2014, 03:52:17 PM
i want to play stranglehold. the demo was decent and it's from the team that made psi-ops.

Honestly, the game isn't all that great. From a story perspective it really hurts that the game is all in English. It just doesn't sound right, and I would have preferred that they spoke in Cantonese with English subtitles like how I watched the film. As for the gameplay, it's like a poor man's version of Max Payne. I mean, on the surface it has all of the makings of a great game, including powerful guns (which you don't even reload, in the spirit of the film), lots of maneuverability, and completely destructible environments. Yet the environments themselves are too cluttered and make it impractical to maneuver at all, and you end up having to rely on the strategy of just finding a corner to take cover in and take out the enemies as they come to you. You're really just better off playing a Max Payne game and pretending that it's Hardboiled (which is what inspired that game, anyways).

Rynnec

Isn't Woo planning on making a Stranglehold film anyway?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I never heard any confirmation on that, myself.

No-Personality

Slowly re-watching all the Disney animated films I have at my immediate disposal... which sadly means I have no access to Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, or The Lion King (never got around to buying the DVD's)- and, of course, Netflix's deal with Disney will not rectify this problem. But, they do have everything from Pocahontas to Brother Bear except Fantasia 2000, which I have in the Fantasia 2-disc set. So, I plan to watch all the movies I've never seen, pre-Chicken Little (and here's hoping they finally upload Home on the Range) (no, seriously, if they're not ashamed to put up The Haunted Mansion...).
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah, I also agree that Guardians of the Galaxy was pretty friggen awesome. Loved it from start to finish. Man, Marvel just continues to be on a roll with it's movies.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I hope to see it on Sunday. But, I feel really sorry for DC fans. Marvel is kicking their ass in cinema.

Spark Of Spirit

I will be seeing it tomorrow.

Should be fun.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

No-Personality

Pretty shocking series of Tweets there, considering Gunn was once married to Jenna Fischer... and they did a Troma movie together. Like... together. If there's anything more awkward than watching a couple who used to be married acting opposite each other in a no-budget movie, it's knowing that one of them has a bad reputation and the other moved on to much bigger mainstream success.
and I love it.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Homura Akemi on August 02, 2014, 03:34:54 AMI cry blood. She doesn't explain her points. I cry blood again.

No, but if someone even so much as *dared* to question her on it, she'd probably unleash Zac Bertschy on them. She seems to do that for almost anything, these days.

No-Personality

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on August 02, 2014, 09:22:10 AM
Quote from: Homura Akemi on August 02, 2014, 03:34:54 AMShe doesn't explain her points.
No, but if someone even so much as *dared* to question her on it, she'd probably unleash Zac Bertschy on them. She seems to do that for almost anything, these days.
Do you have any opinion on what she said? About the movie or Gunn?
and I love it.

LumRanmaYasha

I'm not familiar with Gunn's work, but I watched the movie and didn't catch any misogynistic undertones from it at all, so  :??:

Foggle

Quote from: Homura Akemi on August 02, 2014, 03:44:24 PM
I'm watching Slither with Foggle thanks to Guardians. It's a pretty fun, humorous and cheesy film.
It was so great! :swoon: :swoon:

Quote from: Cartoon X on August 02, 2014, 07:02:12 PM
I'm not familiar with Gunn's work, but I watched the movie and didn't catch any misogynistic undertones from it at all, so  :??:
Morons like to pretend he's sexist on their soapbox because he wrote Lollipop Chainsaw. Of course, none of these people have ever actually played the game for more than 5 minutes, or else they'd realize that there really isn't anything misogynistic in it at all.

Dr. Insomniac

You know, when the people who hate the movie use statements like this, it really shows how reaching people have to go to not like Guardians.