Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Thanks! Now you won't see me bitching about having no time for anything because I'm busy with studies. So, until I find a job....I'll have to think up a new excuse. :humhumhum:

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on May 21, 2014, 06:05:42 PM
Just graduated today. I am now officially Dr. Ensatsu-ken, PharmD (obviously that's not my real name, but it sounded more amusing that way).
Awesome job dude!!!! :joy: :joy:

Dr. Insomniac

You have my well wishes, good doctor.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on May 21, 2014, 11:47:09 PM
Thanks! Now you won't see me bitching about having no time for anything because I'm busy with studies. So, until I find a job....I'll have to think up a new excuse. :humhumhum:

You can always say that your job makes you a busy man. :P But still, congrats on graduating.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Thanks Foggle, Daxdiv, and Dr. Insomniac!  :thumbup:

Daxdiv: Well, that's when I'm finally land a job. For now, though, I can claim that I'm too busy studying for my licensure exams.

talonmalon333

So early tomorrow morning, I'm going to be going down to the shore with some friends for a few days, and probably won't have internet access.. I'll be back on Wednesday. Talk to you guys then!

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

Hope you have a good one!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 25, 2014, 11:11:06 PM
So early tomorrow morning, I'm going to be going down to the shore with some friends for a few days, and probably won't have internet access.. I'll be back on Wednesday. Talk to you guys then!

Have a good time!

Lord Il

Well, I just got back from Toronto after attending the Anime North con on the weekend. My last time there was back in '06 and I have to say this con has grown exponentially from eight years ago. Talking with one of the staff, apparently it can't possibly grow to any more than 20,000 people per day due to the attendance cap which had to be placed on it about two years ago - Safety is top priority for everyone.

Much respect goes out to the cosplayers who went above and beyond with the detail in their costumes; They are the true stars of the event and were super friendly - everyone was. As one might imagine, some of the most popular of characters were from Kill la Kill this year - there must have been close to a dozen different Ryukos, perhaps half the amount of Satsukis, a few Makos and Nui Harimes, and a least a couple groupings of all The Elite Four. There was at least one Ragyo who looked stunningly like the 2D counterpart.. scary. O_O

The Dealers Room.... 400 tables of goodies.. I'm not entirely certain I saw everything. It was crazy.
Lots of screenings of past and present anime and some nicely done AMVs I've never seen before.

Perhaps the weirdest thing to happen was on Saturday when some religious nut - along with two small children - held a sign up near the front of the convention center passing out pamphlets saying that "anime is wrong" and that we were "all going to hell." Police were monitoring the situation to ensure that no violent confrontations broke out. Needless to say, attendees who walked past him were not happy to have their freedom of choice dictated to them as being "wrong." I wanted to grab his sign away and simply throw it into the nearby ditch but... you gotta play nice. To do such a thing makes you no better than him. Besides, he was successfully already making his own self look like an idiot in among a crowd of thousands. You could tell that the two small children with him thought the cosplayers were awesome in their eyes.

Damn.. There were so many events I missed out on as well. But.. I'm just gonna stop here. Too much to talk about.
If anyone has never attended such a con before, do it! It'll be a great time you'll never soon forget. Great to be among a ton of people with a fun, common interest. Lots o' laughs to be had by all. :e_hail:

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 25, 2014, 11:11:06 PM
I hope you're enjoying yourself as we speak. :)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Micki!

Did you take photos Lord il..? would love to see the KLK cosplayers  ;D

Also, the religious nut sounds scary, one thing is to have such opinions, but to get out of your way and actually actively confront it among a lot of people who have no ill intention directly towards him or his beliefs sounds really uncomfortable, and makes one feel unwanted in a place that is otherwise full of people who share these interests... Strange and sad how one person can actually affect people like that just because they feel like they have to invade other peoples business... Should have spent the time with the kids going for a trip and getting some icecream rather than publicly embarrass himself, he doesn't even need kids with him to get the message across, so it's really silly imo...

As for me, well this year i also didn't get into the animation school, that means another full year of creating yet another portfolio, and hoping it qualifies for next year...
My old portfolio is still up online though, and i'm not sure if i'll replace things over time or if i should just make an entirely new one, and keep the current one as reference...
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

The Shadow Gentleman

I know some friends that went to a convention over in Raleigh this past weekend who had a similar situation with religious activists. The sad thing is, several of them were Christians themselves, so it was extra embarrassing.  :sweat:

Micki!

I want to see them pursuing mascots in Disney World, it's way more frequent and shockingly those characters and people dressing as them have existed for much longer than these anime conventions..!  .3.
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'