Favorite Anime

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

That seems like it would be good timing on their part, just as the U&T anime coincided with the manga's 25th anniversary. If it's going to happen soon, that would be the best bet as to when especially seeing that 2016 is probably too soon.

Only question is, which studio?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

:thinkin: Which studio indeed. I wish they could get a studio that used as much frames as the movie did but that would be asking for far far too much seeing how that record is still huge more than 20 years later.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Madhouse would probably be the best bet.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

You know I'd be down for Madhouse. :)

Lord Dalek

If Otomo demands to direct it himself (please god no) then it'll be Sunrise since I think he still works there. Otherwise, I'd rather have Telecom or TMS do it since they made the original film.

gunswordfist

:D What's wrong with Otomo's directing skills? Tell us how you really feel!!

Lord Dalek

gunswordfist

Didn't Ebert like that?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 28, 2016, 08:37:26 PM
Didn't Ebert like that?
He's had his missteps. That was one.

Kind of hoping they give it to someone else if only to make sure he doesn't try something weird with it like make it black and white or something.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 28, 2016, 08:37:26 PMDidn't Ebert like that?

He also liked the Star Wars prequels.

Nobody's perfect.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 28, 2016, 09:01:33 PM
Didn't Ebert like that?

Kind of hoping they give it to someone else if only to make sure he doesn't try something weird with it like make it black and white or something.
He actually give it a lukewarm 2.5/5. I thought you two would be in here laughing at me for misremembering  :lol: Which I did, I checked google.

Also, why would he do it in b&w?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 28, 2016, 09:26:45 PM
Didn't Ebert like that?

He actually give it a lukewarm 2.5/5. I thought you two would be in here laughing at me for misremembering  :lol: Which I did, I checked google.

I don't know. He might decide to animate it upside down for all I know. Otomo can be odd.

gunswordfist

:D And I actually wouldn't mind black & white Akira, not that that would be my first choice. :thinkin:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 28, 2016, 09:26:45 PM
Didn't Ebert like that?

Roger Ebert always scored movies on a four-star scale, not five. I will laugh at you for somehow not knowing the most iconic feature of his review style. :>

gunswordfist

I thought he always used thumbs. :gonk: