Favorite Anime

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

Time to try my hand at these top fights:

1. Kazuma vs Ryuhou (S-Cry-Ed)
2. Kiritsugu vs Kotomine (Fate/Zero)
3. Team Dai-Gurren vs Anti-Spiral (Gurren Lagann)
4. Scar vs Wrath (FMA: Brotherhood)
5. Ichigo vs Grimmjow (Bleach)

This list'll be expanded and changed as I watch/remember more anime.

LumRanmaYasha

Excellent lists guys!  :thumbup:

Spike vs. Vincent and Spike vs. Mad Pierrot are also awesome, but I don't think they'd make my personal top list (despite how much I love the episode and movie they're from respectively).

I personally have a lot of favorite fights from anime and manga, but I'd like to explain my top 15 choices at least, but I'm too busy now to do so, so I'll get to it tomorrow or something. I will list 10 honorable mentions, though. I'm leaving off comedy-oriented fights too, so no Bobobo fights are here, even though several would rank high if I allowed them.

25. Kurapika vs. Uvogin (Hunter X Hunter)
24. Toriko vs. Tommyrod (Toriko)
23. Yellow, Blaine, Green, Koga, Blue, Sabrina, Lt. Surge, Red and Giovanni vs. The Elite Four (Pokemon Adventures)
22. Lina, Gourry, and Zelgadis vs. Shabranigdo (The Slayers)
21. Lina, Gourry, Zelgadis, Amelia, and Sylpheil vs. Copy Rezo/Zanaffar (The Slayers)
20. Scar vs. Wrath (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
19. Ussop vs. Perona (One Piece)
18. Team Urameshi vs. Team Uratogi (Yu Yu Hakusho)
17. The Ginyu Force Battles (Dragonball)
16. Goku vs. Piccolo Jr. (Dragonball)

I had to leave out a lot of favorites already, and these were just honorable mentions. Geez... :sweat:

Top 15 to come.

EDIT: Had to change the list. Forgot some great fights.  :P

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Cartoon X on September 19, 2013, 10:23:47 PM
(The Slayers)
CRAP, I forgot about Slayers.  I need to rethink my top 10 fights now......

VLordGTZ

Quote from: VLordGTZ on September 19, 2013, 07:58:48 PM
Here's my top 10 favorite anime/manga fights:
10. Lina vs Hell Master (Slayers NEXT)
9. Luffy vs Crocodile (One Piece)
8. Killua vs Rammot  (Hunter x Hunter)
7. Joseph vs Wham (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2: Battle Tendency)
6. Team Urameshi vs Team Toguro (Yu Yu Hakusho)
5. Kiritsugu vs Kotomine  (Fate/Zero)
4.  Kurapika vs Uvogin  (Hunter x Hunter)
3.  Goku vs King Piccolo (Dragon Ball)
2.  Yusuke vs Sensui  (Yu Yu Hakusho)
1.  Jotaro vs Dio (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders)
I replaced Simon vs Lordgenome with Lina vs Hell Master

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 18, 2013, 11:15:01 PM
I couldn't make a hero list but I'm pretty sure that, if I did, Yusuke would be #1 on it.

QuoteThis.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Grave on September 19, 2013, 08:21:46 PM
Favorite fights, I was actually thinking about making a thread for this. This is a topic I can go on and on about for days. I'm not going to get into the deep aspects of a fight since none of that really matters to me. When it comes to fights, it's all about flash for me.

With that said, majority of the fights from Hajime no Ippo can easily make my entire top 10 because those fights were that good, not to mention they're well animated for looking so old, but I'm gonna stay away from that since if I put one fight I have to put most of them lol.

01. Kenshin vs Saito
02. Sword of the Stranger
03. Mugen and Jin vs Kariya
04. Byakuya vs Kouga (Sad when filler fights are better than actual canon fights)
05. Mustang vs Envy
06. Yusuke vs Yomi
07. Spike vs Vincent
08. Sasuke vs Itachi
09. Kenshin vs Sojiro
10. Kenshin+ vs Shishio
I still need to watch Sword of the Stranger. Anyway, top 5:

5. Spike/LP 1
4. Spike/Vincent
3. Hiei/Bui - Not only is it cool but it's sad because Bui yet again sees that no matter how strong he gets, there is someone stronger.
2. Kurama/Karasu - Yes, I am still geeking out over Karasu not knowing what he got himself into.
1. Yujiro Hanma vs. Doppo Orochi

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Even though the buzz is gone, I might as well finish my list, so without further ado...

MY TOP 15 FAVORITE FIGHTS IN ANIME/MANGA

15. Roronoa Zoro vs. The Whiskey Peak Bounty Hunters (One Piece)

One of favorite moments in all of One Piece. The Straw Hats' first stop in the Grand Line is the seemingly pirate-friendly island Whiskey Peak, and after a day filled with drinking and partying, most of the crew hits the hay. However, the friendly folk of Whiskey Peak are really bounty hunters working under the underground criminal syndicate, Baroque Works, whose true intentions are to lure unsuspecting pirates to their island, capture/kill them, and collect the rewards. And they would have gotten away with it this time too...if it weren't for a meddling green haired swordsman. And thus leads us to this amazing sequence, where Zoro takes on 100 freaking bounty hunters, 4 of which are top Baroque Works agents, and systematically wipes the floor with the whole lot of them. It's a fast-paced, often funny, often epic sequence that made for pretty much the most memorable individual episode of the anime, let alone one of the best moments in the series in general. I can't think of a better way to kick off the excellent Baroque Works saga than this truly badass beatdown.

14. InuYasha, Kagome Higurashi, Miroku, Sango, and Sesshomaru vs. Naraku, Magatsuhi the Evil Will, and Byakuya of the Dreams (InuYasha: The Final Act)

This is sort of cheating, since the final battle against Naraku is pretty much an arc unto itself, and this wont be the last time in this list that I'll cheat like this either. But goddammit was this a great final battle, and so much is riding on the line here. There is nothing world threatening at stake, but all the same this is an important battle for everyone involved, and the fact that this is a battle of wills and character makes it all the more immersing. Let's start with our villain, the much hated (especially by the series' haters  :sweat: , Naraku). Naraku has finally done it, he has completed the Shikon Jewel...only to realize to late he's been used and deceived by the true villain of this series, and was merely a puppet to achieve it's true agenda. Cruelly, the jewel has not granted his true wish, and he is left with nothing but power and to await the inevitable. So, in a last act of revenge, and with nothing more to gain or loose, he decides to once and for all kill InuYasha and destroy Kikyo's village. Byakuya, Naraku's only surviving incarnation since the death of Kanna, understands that as a part of Naraku, Naraku's demise will be equal to his own, and is left with little else to fulfill his final purpose in Naraku's revenge. As for Magatsuhi...well, he wants what the real villain of this series wants, but he also just likes to make people suffer, and avenge his humiliation at being previous defeated by the "mere yokai," Sesshomaru. As for InuYasha's group, well, InuYasha needs to settle the score with Naraku for manipulating him and Kikyo all those years ago, Kagome must carry on Kikyo's task and purify the Jewel once and for all, Miroku's time is running out before his wind tunnel will consume him whole, and to prevent that, Sango is desperate to kill Naraku before it rips apart. As for Sesshomaru...Magatsuhi kidnapped Rin...but he's also the only person who can kill Magatsuhi once and for all. It doesn't hurt he hates Naraku just as much as the rest of the group either.

All this lead to a race against time inside and out the grotseque, spider-like body of Naraku's true form. Mind games, manipulations, near betrayals, and a final all out assault culminate in what is easily one of the series' best moments. I'll be lying if I said the final battle with Naraku itself is incredibly epic, but because so much is on the line for these characters, and so much has happened to lead up to this decisive moment, it is immensely, immensely satisfying to see Naraku finally die. The series definitely went on too long, but goddammit this battle did everything it could to make totally satisfying in the end (well, this and the resolution of the series, at least  :P).

13. InuYasha vs. Sesshomaru: Final Battle (InuYasha: The Final Act)

This fight, however, is my favorite in the series, again because of character motivation, namely Sesshomaru's. Sesshomaru has been devastated after learning that his blade, the Tenseiga, is an unwanted piece of the Tessaiga, it's only purpose to master the Meidou blade...and give the power back to the Tessaiga. To InuYasha. His pride and devotion to his father betrayed, Sesshomaru is desperate to find out just one thing - if his father was truly right to give InuYasha the Tessaiga, if he was truly unworthy of it even though he is a full-blooded Yokai. Making a deal with the devil, aka Naraku, Sesshomaru uses a fragment of the deceased Kanna's mirror to replicate the Tessaiga through his Tenseiga. Now on equal terms with InuYasha, Sesshomaru wants to find out once and for all who is truly worthy of the Tessaiga's, his father's, power and will. This battle is a powerful moment of truth for Sesshomaru, as he wages a fight for his very identity against his brother. And ultimately, Sesshomaru comes to an understanding about himself, InuYasha, and his father's true intentions, and in a moment of true selflessness, sacrifices his pride and power to help his younger brother realize his own. It's a damn fine battle and a damn fine moment for the series' best developed character, and paves the way for Sesshomaru for discovering his true strength and power later on in the first battle with Magatsuhi.

12. Son Goku vs. Tenshinhan: 22nd World Martial Arts Tournament (Dragonball)

One of the best fights in all of Dragonball. E-K nailed everything awesome about it in his post, but I also love this fight for how it concludes Tenshinhan's character arc in this saga, as well as how close, really close the match was. More so than in any other fight in the series, both fighters were evenly matched, and had just as much to prove against each other. Toriyama brilliantly fused his fun comedic style in writing this fight with great intensity, an excellent resolution for Tenshinhan's character arc when he goes against his own master's wishes to preserve his own honor, and prove he is truly the strongest, and the conclusion to the fight itself is excellent in the way both Goku and Tenshinhan could walk away proud of their battle. This fight was easily the best between all three Tournament arcs, and is loads of fun in both anime and manga form, and is simply a highlight of the entire series in general.

11. Straw Hat Pirates vs. Oz and Gecko Moria (One Piece)

The fight against Oz, and then Moria right after, made for one of the most intense, brutal fights in the entirety of One Piece, without having to sacrifice any of the series' fun and humor as well. This is the first time all of the Straw Hats had to team up together to take down one enemy, and part of what makes this fight so awesome is the fact that it really was a great team battle. While Luffy delivers the final blows on both Oz and Moria, of course, every member of the crew (plus Brook and Lola's crew), helps out in taking the behemoths down, and the scale of the battle makes it all the more epic. Both villains seemed unbeatable, powerful to an extent that the crew hadn't faced previously, and in that way the fight also sets up the fact the crew needed to get stronger, something that would come back to haunt them in Sabody. I mostly love this fight for it's team and action aspects, as it really as awesome as pure fights can go, and it may very well be the most brutal and intense fight in the entire series, one that I hope will one day be rivaled in a future arc of the series.

10. Monkey D. Luffy vs. Ussop (One Piece)

One of the most emotional, heart-wrenching fights of the series. Ussop, feeling useless after loosing the Straw Hats' money to fix the Merry, and his weakness and inability to get it back himself, believes he has become a burden to the crew. After Luffy decides to buy a new ship, because it's impossible to fix the Merry, Ussop's fears of being left behind grow. Not to mention the Merry is something special to him, and a symbol of his dreams of being a pirate, Kaya, and his friendships with the other Straw Hats. Fed up with himself, Ussop announces he will leave the crew, and decides to prove himself that he is capable pursuing his dream independently by fighting Luffy, with the winner keeping the Merry. Ussop knows that he doesn't have much of a chance of winning, but in spite of that, he gives it his all, using every tactic, weapon, and skill in his arsenal to get the best of Luffy several times. This was easily Ussop's best showing in a fight thus far in the series, but a lot of emotional power comes on Luffy's side of things too. On Luffy's part, he doesn't want to fight Ussop, or lose his friend, but it's his duty as a pirate captain to prove his decision was right, and to respect Ussop's pride, he cannot hold back in their fight, something he struggles to deliver until Ussop has finally used up all his tricks and must be put to rest before he wears himself out to death. The entire fight is emotional, intense, painful, and culminates in one of the most heart-breaking moments of the entire series. There are few fights in One Piece as meaningful and emotionally-driven as this one, except maybe...

9. Monkey D. Luffy vs. Rob Lucci (One Piece)

The culmination of the Straw Hats' entire struggle in the CP9 saga, representing a battle of wills between the Straw Hats against the World Government. Lucci is strong, stronger than Luffy, and beats him down to exhaustion. But before he can give up, Ussop's words and bold threat to fight Lucci himself re-inspire his resolve to fight to protect his crew. It's a desperate, intense battle that Luffy almost looses...until Lucci makes the mistake of turning his back on him while the Straw Hat can still fight. In a furious final barrage, Luffy pummels Lucci into defeat, securing the freedom of Robin, and a victory for the resolve and bond of the Straw Hats as well. The battle, while not as "epic" as the fight against Oz and Moria, is greatest, most satisfying bout in the entire series, because it pays off on all the struggle and hardship the Straw Hats endured since Water 7 to rescue Robin, and fight against a force representing, essentially, the world. Luffy vs. Lucci can be reflected as the will of the Straw Hats against the might of the World Government. And the Straw Hats prevail. No other battle in the series gives as much satisfaction at it's end than this one did, and it deserves it's status as the best fight in all of One Piece.

8. The Z Fighters vs. Vegeta and Nappa (Dragonball)

Yeah, this is cheating, since listing the entire fight against Vegeta and Nappa is like listing the entire Saiyan arc. But I can't help it; this fight is amazing beginning to end. The battle against Nappa is one of pure desperation, made even better by the fact it's the series' second (but best) team fight. Nappa insanely overpowers everyone, is immune to Chiaotzu's telekinesis, is unaffected by their minor attacks, chops Tenshinhan's fucking arm off, and drives both Chiaotzu and Tenshinhan to sacrifice themselves to take him down...in vain. This is probably the most strategy-driven fight in the series too, especially during Piccolo, Krillin, and Gohan's fight with Nappa, where Gohan's moment of hesitation costs them near victory against the brute. When Goku enters the picture, the smackdown on Nappa is wholly satisfying, and brings hope to the conflict after the devastating death of Piccolo. Goku vs. Vegeta is a brilliant fight, with the Kaio-Ken X3 Kamehameha vs. Garlic Gun bout being an intense moment of truth...but of course, Vegeta survives, and transforms into an Oozaru, beating down the already weakened Goku to a pulp. From there on Krillin and Gohan become essential in keeping Vegeta busy until the Spirit Bomb is formed, and even fucking Yajirobe helps out by cutting Vegeta's tail off. Yajirobe! Gohan reflecting the Spirit Bomb on the arrogant Vegeta seems like a great moment of victory right there...but nope, Vegeta's alive and kicking, and it takes a real, honest to god miracle to take him down for good. And the whole thing caps off with Goku telling Krillin to spare Vegeta's life...so he can have the chance to fight him again. It's one of the greatest series and sequences of fights in the entire series, and there's only one fight in Dragonball I like more than it...

7. Son Goku vs. King Piccolo: Rematch (Dragonball)

King Piccolo was the first truly menacing main villain in the series, and certainly the most serious, least comical, and powerful villain when he was introduced. And he caused a lot of damage, the most to Goku ever. His minion killed his best friend, Krillin. When he fought him he was defeated and left nearly dead. Then, he led Master Roshi and Chiaotzu to die in vain. And to make matters worse, he destroyed the Dragon Balls, removing all hope of reviving them. Then he took over the world government capital city, and threatened to conquer the world. King Piccolo was true evil, the most evil villain the series had featured at that point, and Goku's rematch with him had much, much on the line. The resulting fight is fantastic and satisfying on many levels, and culminates in the best death scene for any villain in the series, Goku impaling King Piccolo through his fucking chest with the Super Dragon Fist. It's my favorite fight in all of Dragonball for what it represented in-story, and as the series' best illustration of a battle of good vs. evil.

6. Livio the Double Fang/Razlo the Trip of Death vs. Elendira the Crimson Nail (Trigun Maximum)

Livio/Razlo vs. Elendira is one of THE most epic, bloody, and brutal fights in any manga I have read, and the first time I read it I went back to re-read it and re-read it. It's that awesome. Livio wants to avenge the death of Wolfwood, which he is mostly to blame for, by helping Vash stop Knives' plan to destroy all of humanity. In his way is Elendira, Knives' strongest, deadlist, and most trusted underling in the Gung-Ho Guns. What results is a fast-paced, bloody fight between the two, with Elendira shooting Livio full of thick nails the size of people, with Livio struggling to counterattack. Luckily, he's got his split-personality Razlo to help him out, and when the two reconcile their strengths to become one awesome fighting machine... it's still close, intense, and nerve-racking all the way to the jaw-dropping finish! I wish these characters and this fight were in the anime, because animated this bout would be pure amazing, but it's a damn intense read, and if you haven't read Trigun Maximum yet, with this and other fights/moments, you really should...

5. Vash the Stampede vs. Legato Bluesummers (Trigun Maximum)

...Because otherwise you'll also miss fights as great as this one! In the anime, Vash doesn't fight Legato, which makes sense considering the kind of character Legato is in the anime, and how his only goal is Vash's suffering. But in the manga, Legato's loyalty to Knives is pure fanaticism and unfettered devotion, and by engaging Vash in battle, he hopes to prove his loyalty to Knives, removing the only obstacle preventing his master from carrying out his plans. Legato is injured, and at a disadvantage thanks to Zazie giving Vash the final coin needed to deactivate Legato's powers...and he wouldn't have it any other way. In fact, he wanted it this way, as by fighting weak and powerless against the only man his master considers his equal Legato hopes to demonstrate to him the depths of his loyalty, even if it costs him his life. Vash doesn't want to kill a person, even indirectly, and is in a race against time to stop Knives before humanity is wiped off the face of Gunsmoke, and with Legato not letting up, is eventually forced to consider the impossible-killing a person. It's an intense battle concluding Legato's character arc in a meaningful, powerful fashion, and the ending of the fight, while mirroring the anime's death scene for Legato, has an added measure of tension and intensity to it that makes it a breathtaking, brilliant end for the character, and this gem of a fight.

4. Knuckle, Shoot, Meleoron, and Morel vs. Menthuthuyoupi (Hunter X Hunter )

In real-time this battle apparently lasted under 15 minutes or something, but it lasted chapters upon chapters in the manga, and I just couldn't get enough of it. It's a brutal figth while still being one of complete strategy. Knuckle and Shoot are tasked with distracting Meurem's royal guard Youpi from interfering with Chaiman Netereo's plan to kill Meurem. No way in hell can Knuckle and Shoot face Youpi head on, so the plan was to use Knuckle's nen power to drain Youpi's nen, using Meleoron's ability to make someone he trusts invisible to hide Knuckle so Youpi wouldn't spot him, allowing him to deal damage to the brute to increase the nen drainage. Sounds straight-foward, but Youpi is so fucking overpowered that soon improvisations and desperation start to sink in, Shoot gets injured and leaves the fight, Knuckle blows his cover, Morel steps in, and worse for them, Youpi becomes stronger and more self-aware during the battle, unlocking his full-potential. This fight kept me on the edge of my seat more than any other fight I've ever read in manga, and I can't wait to see it animated. Plus, it features character development for an underdeveloped antagonist! YAAAAYYYY!

LumRanmaYasha

3. Team Urameshi v. Team Toguro (Yu Yu Hakusho)

I don't care if this is cheating; all of these fights are awesome and one of the greatest sequence of fights in any anime. Everything I like in a good fight is here, character development, brutal fights, desperation, everything that makes fights great delivered  at it's best. Yusuke vs. Toguro, of course, is the perfect conclusion for the arc, and E-K already touched upon everything that made the battle meaningful. I don't feel like separating this series of battles from each other, because they are all so good and amazing watched together back to back. I could explain why I like each of these fights individually, but I'm tired of typing and I know y'all know that these fights are awesome, so let's move on...

2. Nicholas D. Wolfwood and Vash the Stampede vs. Livio the Double Fang/Razlo the Trip of Death and Master Chapel (Trigun Maximum)

The fight between Wolfwood and Livio and their former master is an arc unto itself. Wolfwood takes leave of Vash's company to return to his hometown, to rescue his caretaker from his childhood orphanage, and obvious trap set by his old master from the Eye of Michael, but a trap he wants to spring. Not only does he want to protect people close to him, but he wants to save Livio from himself, feeling guilty for letting his childhood friend be tortured and manipulated into a tool by the Eye of Michael after an unfortunate incident at the orphanage when Livio's split personality first reared his crazy head. But also, Wolfwood wants to fight against the ghosts of his pasts to free himself of it, and live in the way Vash does, and adopts Vash's no-kill mantra while engaging Master Chapel's minions. But when Razlo comes out to play, Wolfwood is powerless against a demon of his past, and is defeated by Master Chapel, and realizes the folly of carrying his burdens all to himself, and not trusting or relying on help from others, which hurt his ability to stay true to himself and his ideals all this time. And to illustrate this, Vash arrives to help out Wofwood right in the knick of time, and the two proceed to take out Master Chapel and his remaining servants, leaving only Razlo/Livio left. Wolfwood knows what he has to do...and engages in a last-ditch effort to save Livio's soul in a one on one battle with Razlo. This battle in possibly the best fight in all of Maximum, and that's because, even with the help of Vash in the second half of it, it's Wolfwood's battle through and through, developing and concluding the character's fantastic character arc in the best possible way. This battle comes at a heavy, heavy cost, but is not without benefit, and overall it stands out as one of Trigun Maximum's finest moments. And that is why it is my favorite fight in all of manga. But not anime/manga, as there is one fight in anime I love slightly more...

1. Vash the Stampede vs. Knives Millions (Trigun)

This is the best fight I've seen in any anime. The perfect, perfect conclusion to Vash's character arc. Now, this fight is spectacular in the manga as well, but it was a little hard to follow, and I need to re-read it one of these days to get a better grasp of it. This fight, however, is tense as fuck. A classic shoot-out, beautifully escalating in intensity, a battle 26 episodes in the making that leads up to the most nerve-racking final clash in anime history, with an excellent conclusion (although the ending is better in the manga, to tell the truth). It's hard for me to explain why this fight is brilliant, partially because I'm kinda tired, but because it just has that feel to it that makes it so masterful it's indescribable. But seeing Vash persevere, succeed, and find his answer after a long, heavy struggle, after all the shit that happened to him in the past few episodes and in the story in general...it's just so damn satisfying for me I'm at a loss for better words to explain it. Simply put, it's my favorite fight in anime/manga. And between all the anime series I've seen that are filled to the brim with great fights, that's the best compliment that I can possibly give it. It's a perfect fight to end of my favorite series, and it's hard to imagine much better.

Welp, that's my list. It lasted two posts and took hours to put together....so I hope you enjoyed it!   :D

Spark Of Spirit

Wow, a lot of really good choices. I too wouldn't mind a Trigun Maximum anime since there's a whole story out there people haven't seen with these characters at the helm.

But you are dead on with the Vash/Knives fight. The best part is right when they each have one shot left and are basically playing Russian Roulette with each other's lives and they both know it which you can easily tell without them saying anything that neither one of them clearly want to kill each other- not even Knives. Also the finale when the culmination of everything Vash had went through (Wolfwood's "mercy") was what ended up saving both their lives. I once saw a review on amazon of this show complaining that he doesn't pull his gun out for five episodes and that he's a wimp. I'm not sure if that person would have really understood why that is Vash is the way he is. Otherwise he would be Knives.

And that fight in HxH was probably the best part of the whole arc yet it didn't have even one main character in it. If he relegates these characters to the background whenever he starts up again, I'm going to be disappointed. They were the best part of the entire arc.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Great list!

I need to re-watch Trigun sometime soon, and actually finish the manga.

I had considered placing that HXH fight on my list, originally, but it has been a while since I read that arc, so I held off on it. That said, I do definitely find that fight to be one of the arc's highlights.

As for being the best part of the arc, though, personally I'd say that Killua's character development was my favorite part of it, followed by Meruem'smcharacter development. That said, I loved the supporting cast of this arc to death, and I agree with Desensitized that it would be disappointing to see Togashi write them off when and if he actually ever continues the story.

Grave

Quote from: Grave on September 14, 2013, 12:54:51 PM
Looking at all that talk about FMA makes me want to rewatch Brotherhood again, but I'll put off on it for now. I will say that I actually like the Homunculi though, all except maybe Wrath (original FMA) and Gluttony. Honestly, if you took out Ed and Al and just left the rest of the characters in the show I'd say it would be the best series ever (or 2nd to GitS: SAC).

Anyway, since people are throwing in random favorite stuff I figured I'd give it whirl with my favorite characters (top 10 is actually a hard thing for me to do), just so everyone can see where I come from when I say I don't like ______ character.

01. Alucard - Hellsing/Ultimate
02. Itachi Uchiha - Naruto
03. Roy Mustang - Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood
04. Byakuya Kuchiki - Bleach
05. Ulquiorra Schiffer - Bleach
06. Spike Spiegel - Cowboy Bebop
07. Legato Bluesummers - Trigun
08. Vicious - Cowboy Bebop
09. Seijuro Hiko - Rurouni Kenshin
10. Aoshi Shinomori - Rurouni Kenshin

That's just male characters alone, and even that was pretty hard since a lot of those characters I like equally, and I'm just trying to keep it at 10 since I don't feel like listing more at the moment (Lust, Olivier Armstrong and Riza have spots). I left out characters like Kimblee (even though he most certainly deserve a spot), Kurama and Hiei. Eventually, I'll come and arrange the list again and make "tied for" spots and whatnot.

Anyway, you can certainly see a pattern in the type of characters I prefer (I know, I'm a dull kind of guy right? lol). So when I say something along the lines of not liking say, Kuwabara or Naruto,  it's because I prefer the opposite (silent/calm or demented types).

As I've said, eventually I'd come and redo this list.

01.)

Alucard - Hellsing/Ultimate
Nobody's really gonna top him anytime soon

02.)

Roy Mustang - Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood
Itachi Uchiha - Naruto/Shippudden
Zolf J. Kimblee -Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

I liked Kimblee a lot more in Brotherhood over the original even though they were practically one in the same, but because there were more episodes for Kimblee to shine in Brotherhood it gave me enough time to really get to like the character, whereas for Mustang I like him in both.

03.)

Byakuya Kuchiki - Bleach
Ulquiorra Schiffer - Bleach
Portgas D. Ace - One Piece

04.)

Spike Spiegel - Cowboy Bebop
Legato Bluesummers - Trigun (Best character intro ever)
Kurama - Yu Yu Hakusho

05.)

Vicious - Cowboy Bebop
Seijuro Hiko - Rurouni Kenshin
Aoshi Shinomori - Rurouni Kenshin

Still missing characters (Shishio, Kenshin, Saito, etc. etc.), but I'm too tired now.

Spark Of Spirit

Top 10 Opening themes that I never skip:

1. H.T. - Trigun (Always puts me in the mood for Trigun)
2. You Get To Burning - Martian Successor Nadesico (Big epic classic anime theme)
3. Driver's High - GTO (I think this works with Shounan Junai Gumi, too)
4. Scramble - School Rumble (Pretty much the perfect song for an anime comedy)
5. Tank! - Cowboy Bebop (Well, of course)
6. Smile Bomb - Yu Yu Hakusho (It really digs into your head)
7. Freckles - Rurouni Kenshin (I always think of Kenshin when the song plays)
8. Mystical Adventure! - Dragon Ball (Too catchy to skip)
9. Through The Night - Outlaw Star ('GO')
10. Tank Police (English Opening) - New Dominion Tank Police (more flavor than the Japanese opening)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Great list! Most of those themes are stuff that I never skip, either.

Anyways, here's my stab at a list:

1. "Smile Bomb" Yu Yu Hakusho (It's kind of cheesy, but it's a classic to me)
2. "Driver's High" Great Teacher Onizuka (I just love how unique this one sounds)
3. "Mystical Adventure" Dragon Ball (Just plain fun)
4. "Tank!" Cowboy Bebop (Really entertaining)
5. "Under Star" Hajime no Ippo (No other opening song can "pump you up" more than this one)
6. "Taiyou Wa Yoru Mo Kagayaku" Hunter X Hunter (The 1999 series)
7. "You Wa Shock!" Fist of the North Star (Granted that I didn't watch much of this series, but I just had to list this opening)
8. "Kimi ga Suki da to Sakebitai" Slam Dunk (A very inspirational sounding theme to fit a series of the same nature)
9. "Falling Down" Eden of the East (I don't normally care for anime licensing English songs, but this one just fit, IMO)
10. "A Cruel Angel's Thesis" (I enjoy the series well enough, but this opening was honestly my favorite thing about it)

Honorable Mentions:

"Cha La Head Cha La" Dragon Ball Z
"We Are!" One Piece
"Freckles" Rurouni Kenshin
"Through the Night" Outlaw Star
"Butterfly" Digimon Adventure
"Big-O!" The Big O
"Hekireki" Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger

Spark Of Spirit

Nice! I almost forgot about FOTNS and Slam Dunk- those are awesome openings. You put Falling Down twice, though.

I wish anime would stick with their opening themes longer though, for instance the second Kuroko No Basket theme drives me crazy. It's so terrible.

The Shadow Gentleman

Let's see:

1. "H.T." - Trigun (Air Guitar: The Opening)
2. "Tank!" - Cowboy Bebop (like everything else in Bebop, it's just plain cool)
3. "Through the Night" - Outlaw Star (What kept me coming back)
4. "Cruel Angel's Thesis" - Evangelion (A legend)
5. "Driver's High/A Lonely Night" - GTO (I actually really dig both the openings for this show)
6.  "Gun's n Roses" - Baccano (Pure jazzy goodness)
7. "Spirit Bomb" - Yu Yu Hakusho (still the best English version of an anime opening)
8. "Crimson Bow and Arrow" - Attack on Titan (The show has problems. This isn't one of them)
9. "Hit in the USA" - Beck (stupid lyrics aside)
10. "Big O" - The Big O (In all it's cheesy goodness)