Favorite Artists

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 08:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

At least it wasn't Baaaaaaaaad Medicine.

NOOOO! It's in my head again!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Wanted Dead Or Alive is awesome. :srs:

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 11, 2012, 09:26:36 PM
At least it wasn't Baaaaaaaaad Medicine.

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR FALLING IN LOVE

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on November 11, 2012, 09:30:41 PM
Wanted Dead Or Alive is awesome. :srs:
It's a country song, though. At least most of Bon Jovi's other hits from that era were in the realm of rock, but WDOA isn't at all.

Oh, another awful fact- "Jump" outranked "Hot for Teacher". And those were the only 2 VH songs in question.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

No-Personality

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 11, 2012, 09:26:36 PMAt least it wasn't Baaaaaaaaad Medicine.

I actually think that's a decent song.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Commode

There's only two things I associate with that song, Desen and Jay "filling the cup".
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: No-Personality on November 14, 2012, 06:31:19 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 11, 2012, 09:26:36 PMAt least it wasn't Baaaaaaaaad Medicine.

I actually think that's a decent song.
The problem I have with it is that every time I hear the song it gets stuck in my head for way too long. Few songs do that to me, but for some reason Bad Medicine is one!  :sweat:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

Dos! is the album Green Day should've released ten years ago.  Some the songs could easily be mistaken for White Stripes or Vines songs.

Foggle

NOOOOOOOO why do I have to be in Texas? :cry:

Avaitor

Rush is going into the Hall of Fame. And so is Public Enemy.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

Good shit. Always hated Rush's vocals, but they're pretty great otherwise. And Public Enemy is fantastic.

Avaitor

I mentioned PE because I don't really think they belong. As much as I like them, they are not rock at all.

New blog!

Foggle

It's not like the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame isn't a complete joke in the first place. Just be thankful that Public Enemy is getting in and not Lil Wayne or Vanilla Ice.

Commode

I approve.  The non-rock thing doesn't bother me too much, because as the years go by less and less traditional rock bands are going to go in it, instead more of this stuff is going to make it in.  Just wait until the year Britney Spears makes it in, it's going to happen.  At least if hip hop and pop and other stuff like that makes it in that it's PE and Run DMC, they are only like two of the most important acts to the evolution of the genre.

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on December 11, 2012, 06:05:23 PM
It's not like the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame isn't a complete joke in the first place. Just be thankful that Public Enemy is getting in and not Lil Wayne or Vanilla Ice.
...yet. We have 12 years before Weezy can make it in.

New blog!