The Death (& Return?) Of Capcom

Started by Rynnec, July 18, 2011, 08:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

...Is it even possible for a game to play worse than Bubsy 3D?

Kiddington

Quote from: Foggle on April 11, 2012, 12:49:33 AM
...Is it even possible for a game to play worse than Bubsy 3D?

...Superman 64?

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Foggle

Kiddington

Eddy

Capcom probably goes by the Bubsy motto when outsourcing their franchises.

:blush: "What could possibly go wrong?"

gunswordfist

Quote from: Eddy on April 11, 2012, 01:08:30 AM

:D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm not at all against outsourcing a franchise to other developers for a fresh take on the series, but I would think a company would only want to take the risk of outsourcing a series to actual "talented" developers, or at the very least competent ones. I know that the Lost Planet games have gotten some pretty harsh reviews and were generally duds, so it probably doesn't warrant a very high-profile outside developer, but if Capcom really does want to keep this series alive and make a good game out  of it, why don't they actually try looking for a developer that at least makes decent games to agree to make it?

I mean, compared the bad outsourcing decisions they've made with this game, Lost Planet 3, and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, outsourcing DMC to Ninja Theory almost looks like a good decision, since they can at least make competent games if nothing else; though keep in mind that's only "relative" to their other outsourcing decisions, since even NT isn't really known for making high-profile action games, being that they are an average developer at best. I would have much rather had Capcom outsource DMC to Platinum. Now THAT decision would make sense and would resonate well with fans.

Foggle

Outsourcing DMC 5 to Platinum would have made too much sense. Letting Kamiya work on his baby again? Blasphemy.

Spark Of Spirit

I wish they would outsource Viewtiful Joe 3 to Platinum. So they could give it the proper ending he wanted.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Rynnec

Seeing what they did to Contra, I wouldn't mind Megaman being outsouced to Arc System Works.

Quote from: Eddy on April 11, 2012, 01:08:30 AM

I think gaming companies in general go by that motto.

Eddy

Foggle