Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

Lord Dalek

Trigger didn't save anime confirmed.

Avaitor

So there is something that isn't good enough for the block.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Avaitor on October 16, 2018, 11:20:49 AM
So there is something that isn't good enough for the block.
Shocking, I know.

Daikun

Rynnec

It's about fucking time.

Lord Dalek

Too little too late.

Avaitor

It is a little late hypewise, but not terrible timing, with season 2 coming soon. I'm excited to finally get to it, at least.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Lord Dalek

A CLOCK IS TICKING. Not sure which one yet...but its tickin'.

Daikun

Quote from: Lord Dalek on October 26, 2018, 02:42:09 PMA CLOCK IS TICKING. Not sure which one yet...but its tickin'.

This same article was posted at TZ. They thought the article was poorly researched, and I'm willing to agree.

The details of this "partnership" seem rather vague, especially since FUNimation is leaving Crunchyroll in a couple of weeks. I see Mob Psycho 100 as just another FUNi show being added to Toonami's lineup. The article seems to be blowing up a routine show acquisition into some kind of partnership.

Unless I see some HiDive shows making their way to Toonami, then this partnership will truly be newsworthy. Until then, it's just business as usual.

Avaitor

If it's more like Watanabe's short and 2049 than the original, I'm interested.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm interested, but I'm not going to keep any sort of expectations for it to be any good given the parent companies involved. If it is good, though, then that would be all the better. That said, part of what worked so well about Watanabe's short is that it was, well....short. An effective, concise piece with a clear message and theme behind it. That said, for as interesting as the world of Blade Runner is, the king of neo-noir-esque tone and pacing that these kinds of stories call for isn't really that well suited to the format of serialization, IMO. I loved 2049 (still one of my favorite films of last year) but I'd be lying if I said that even that one didn't feel a little long in the tooth in a few places (it could have been trimmed down by about 10 minutes or so, IMO).

If this were to be a series of short stories set in the Blade Runner universe, though, like an anthology series, then that would certainly be a more interesting take on how to do a longer Blade Runner anime.

Rynnec

They may have been better off making an adaptation of Neuromancer or another Cyberpunk classic, but I do have faith in the talent involved.

Daikun