Young Justice

Started by Avaitor, January 26, 2011, 08:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

I'm still watching the rest of the episodes, here's hoping there's only a mild cliffhanger at worst at the end.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, might as well watch to the end.

I'm still not hyped on either Batman or Teen Titans yet, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Silverstar

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 28, 2013, 04:53:12 PM
Well, I'd say its a shame, but to be honest I wasn't enjoying this season all too much so while I do think that its unfortunate for yet another Weisman show to get cut-off early, I'm also somewhat relieved that this may give him the opportunity to start up fresh with something new (even if its another comic-book-based series), being that YJ has been heading in a direction that'd be likely to lose my interest in future seasons if it continued on this way.

Same here. If this is truly it for YJ, that kinda sucks, but I won't feel that bad about it since I haven't been enjoying season 2 as much. I'm not big on time-skips in general, now there are just too many characters for me to care about and I have a hard time keeping track of or sustaining interest in the many, many plots and subplots going on. If a 3rd season would just be more of the same, I'd likely just lose interest altogether.

Quote from: Spark of SpiritI'm still not hyped on either Batman or Teen Titans yet, though.

Again, seconded. I've been subjected to too many Batman shows and movies these past few years, so I can't get excited about another Bat project. As for TTGO!, while I don't mind the prospect of a mostly comedic shorts-like show, I was never a huge fan of the TT cartoon, so I'm not looking forward to more of that, especially since the whole show is going to be done chibi-style; the anime aping stuff was one of the things that kind of turned me off about the show.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Peanutbutter

Anyone else watch the last two episodes?

Last episode the two twists were already predicted (Lex helping the "Runaways", Blue Beetle being brainwashed). But this week, things got unexpected quick with Blue Beetle blowing his cover early. I knew something was up when I realized the episode had 4 minutes left, but I didn't expect that!  :huh:

I really hope The Light's master plan is finally revealed soon. I don't buy that they got into bed with The Reach without knowing what they would do on Earth. All of this has been leading up to something, judging by the end of "War", we may see more things get added up.

Peanutbutter

Greg Weisman has written a novel, due out this December. I can't wait, it's bound to be a great book!   :thumbup: Who knows? Maybe he'd even get to direct and screenplay the movie for it too, if his book gets that big.  8)

Peanutbutter

I had a feeling Arsenal was going to join the Runaways. Glad there wasn't a twist at the end either. Just Deathstroke coming aboard the War World to get that crystal key.

With only three episodes left, anyone want to speculate on how everything ends?

Foggle

Quote from: Peanutbutter on February 28, 2013, 03:45:03 PM
With only three episodes left, anyone want to speculate on how everything ends?
"To be continued in season 3"

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Now, its no stranger that I have not been a fan of season this show's 2nd season, but I have to admit that the past few episodes have actually been rather well-paced, and do a good job of really just keeping the plot focused on the whole conspiracy involving the Reach. Meanwhile the sub-plots are handled sparingly and have actually been tied into the main plot really well, as far as the recent episodes go. That said, I do sense that we're probably going to get another pseudo-ending like we did for The Spectacular Spider-Man, as this series was clearly meant to have more than just 2 seasons, and I have a feeling that we're most likely only going to get a lame cliffhanger sort of ending with the season finale. I mean, The Light has still largely remained in the background this whole time and have barely even been mentioned in the past few episodes. We're either going to get a really abrupt and rushed reveal of their so-called "master-plan" or even nothing at all. Either way, I can't help but expect the ending of this season (and consequently this entire series) to be rather disappointing. But hey, its all the better if I'm somehow proven wrong.

Peanutbutter

Blue and Green Beetle are free. The Reach are all but crippled. Tomorrow's episode seems like its going to be centered around The Light (with Artemis and Aqualad of course). Hopefully, we find out just what their master plan really is and how The Reach fit into it. I'll be glad to Ra's back, I love Oded Feur's portrayal of him; sucks that's barely been in this season.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Its nice to see Blue Beetle back to normal again. In that regard, it made me realize that he was the only new character I really cared about this season, as he clearly got more characterization and development than any of the other new characters around. Seriously, I still know almost nothing about Wonder Girl or Beast Boy in this series, and the season is almost over.

That said, the main plot does finally have my interest in seeing what happens, and how this all ends. I've been pretty tired of The Light basically amounting to being those typical "all according to plan" sort of villains for the entire series, so it'll be nice to finally actually see what their master plan is for a change.

Peanutbutter

WOW! What a way to set up the finale...  :worship:

I enjoyed Black Manta's confrontation with Aqualad. GregX pointed out on his blog that the episode is set on Father's Day even. Both of them were really conflicted, but Kaldur managed to put his father down.

I really loved  the double fake out with "Deathstroke" killing Aqualad and Artemis, the surprised looks on The Light and The Reach's were priceless. And oh how relieved I was that Vandal and Ra's had no idea about their mole until the last second.

The battles in this episode were well choreographed. Three members of The Light are down, Vandal has control of the War World, and Black Beetle has usurped control of The Reach.

So many little threads woven together just for this, can't wait for the rest of the payoff next week. Always count on Weisman.  :thumbup:

Spark Of Spirit

I caught up and much enjoyed watching the episodes in a string to keep up. I really enjoyed the twists and turns, though I was disappointed about how quickly Arsenal vanished from the team when he really was the reason they survived. (Yes, he did blow the lock and that was his fault, but lets face it Blue Beetle is already way overpowered on this show- he would have won anyway)

I have most enjoyed the additions of Impulse and Blue Beetle (despite my power issue) to the cast this season. It really is a shame to have so many characters that were just not given the chance to be fleshed out.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Dalek

On one hand the last two episodes are arguably the best of the season.

On the other hand... this is starting to feel so rushed, as if "THE MASTER OF PLOTTING"(TM) Weisman wasn't expecting the cut down episode order this season got.

Spark Of Spirit

Well it was originally 7 episodes or so (which really shows at the start of the season) and was pumped up to 20 sometime when production was already going. I really have no idea what CN's plan for this show was and haven't understood it since day one.

It's a shame because you just know the finale will probably only end with one of the bad guys going down (probably Black Beetle) while the other side leaves the scene to lick its wounds.

Spark Of Spirit

That's it!

Unfortunately I felt it was a bit rushed and that ending (Mr. Weisman please stop ending your second seasons like this) really should have been cut, but as a whole I guess it ends the Invasion season well enough. I'm probably going to have to watch it all the way through someday but as it stands now I felt it was okay but crammed a bit too much into too little time.

But I will thank the team for including Impulse, Superboy, Tim Drake's Robin (even if he was massively underused), and various other heroes to the animated world. Though I can't help but wonder if they would have focused on a smaller team it would have gone off as well as season 1, but I do appreciate them not sticking to the obvious characters and gave characters beyond Dick Grayson's era a chance to shine.

So any last thoughts from you guys?