Unpopular Opinions You Hold About TV Shows

Started by Kiddington, February 04, 2013, 01:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Daryl Dixon is one of the lamest excuses for a badass in all of media.

Discuss.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on November 30, 2013, 07:03:35 PM
Daryl Dixon is one of the lamest excuses for a badass in all of media.

Discuss.

I would discuss if he was even intended to be the show's badass. But alas. .3.

Avaitor

Oh, I got him confused with Rick.

Every character in that show sucks though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on December 10, 2013, 08:23:08 PM

I disagree with everything about this post. Expect me to knock at your door tomorrow afternoon with a sharp object. I'll give you some time to run for now.

Avaitor

I don't really like "The Contest". Maybe it's just been the effect of 20 years of masturbation jokes since, but the episode just doesn't feel that fresh anymore, especially compared to other Seinfeld episodes.

Although I definitely give it credit for introducing George's mom. Their bits together easily made for some of the highlights of the episode.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 10, 2013, 08:28:43 PM

I disagree with everything about this post. Expect me to knock at your door tomorrow afternoon with a sharp object. I'll give you some time to run for now.
Wait, you actually like The Walking Dead?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 17, 2014, 10:25:56 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 10, 2013, 08:28:43 PM

Wait, you actually like The Walking Dead?

You can't tell that's what I was getting at in that post from months ago?

gunswordfist

talonmalon333

Just to clear things up for the idiot of Animation Revelation, yes I do like The Walking Dead television series. I like how it's essentially a drama with zombies in it, and not a mere zombie show, in that it creates an apocalypse and focuses on how the people deal with the situation. The zombies are really just a plot device for that.

Though it's not perfect. There are a few characters in it that make me want to jump into a river, and I feel as if the writers sometimes struggle with writing female characters in general. But at the very least, all of the characters I initially disliked have either been killed off, or have grown into better characters.

So yeah, I think it's one of the better shows currently on television. And I post this quote in response to anything else. :P

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 12, 2013, 12:25:33 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on December 12, 2013, 09:50:27 AM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 11, 2013, 11:18:16 PM
I suppose that's an unpopular opinion on this site, by far.
Yeah, it really is.

And I will never change it.

Avaitor

I'm too spoiled by good Whedon (ie- not S.H.I.E.L.D.) and Game of Thrones to be able to tolerate TWD.

New blog!

talonmalon333

Meh. different strokes for different blokes. I'll say, at the very least, season 1 did very little for me.

I was disappointed when I heard S.H.I.E.L.D is apparently just mediocre. Was considering checking it out.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 18, 2014, 12:37:59 PM
Meh. different strokes for different blokes. I'll say, at the very least, season 1 did very little for me.

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 18, 2014, 12:16:51 PM
Just to clear things up for the idiot of Animation Revelation, yes I do like The Walking Dead television series. I like how it's essentially a drama with zombies in it, and not a mere zombie show, in that it creates an apocalypse and focuses on how the people deal with the situation. The zombies are really just a plot device for that.

Though it's not perfect. There are a few characters in it that make me want to jump into a river, and I feel as if the writers sometimes struggle with writing female characters in general. But at the very least, all of the characters I initially disliked have either been killed off, or have grown into better characters.

So yeah, I think it's one of the better shows currently on television. And I post this quote in response to anything else. :P

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 12, 2013, 12:25:33 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on December 12, 2013, 09:50:27 AM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 11, 2013, 11:18:16 PM
I suppose that's an unpopular opinion on this site, by far.
Yeah, it really is.

And I will never change it.
I'm no longer the village idiot after hearing this.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on February 18, 2014, 12:32:16 PM
I'm too spoiled by good Whedon (ie- not S.H.I.E.L.D.) and Game of Thrones to be able to tolerate TWD.
You don't even need to be spoiled by Whedon. Having contact with mid-level shows like 24 should make The Walking Dead unwatchable. Everything good talon said about TWD (namely, it's not about the zombies but the people) is done infinitely better by the actually good comic books. Good read those instead. :thinkin:

talonmalon333

You can't say that immedietely after posting this:

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 18, 2014, 02:24:50 PM
I love watching shows people have a mixed opinion on and then forming my opinion to share.

It sets you up for punishment. If anything, you've strengthened your title as "village idiot" by doing that and trying to write off my legitimate post simply because it doesn't like up with your thoughts. :humhumhum: