Dragon Ball FighterZ

Started by Mustang, November 26, 2017, 01:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Figured since this could potentially be the next biggest fighting game since Street Fighter 2 that this deserves its own thread.

Story trailer

SSB Goku/Vegeta
Trunks
Gotenks
Nappa
Captain Ginyu
Tien
Yamcha
Android 21
16, 18, Krillin, Piccolo
Kid Buu

Goku
Vegeta
Teen Gohan
Majin Buu
Cell
Frieza
Ultimate Gohan
Goku Black
Hit
Beerus

Possible 21 characters (I completely forgot about SSB Goku/Vegeta) and there's no confirmation on Android 21 being playable or not. Possibly 5 character slots left (26 to 34 right? 8 of them will be DLC).

I could also post character breakdowns if people want to see it done by Maximilian or I can leave that for people to figure out on their own? I could also post a few high level matches if wanted as well.

With that said, have at it. I'm still working on getting a wired connection so hopefully we can get some sort of lounge going when this game drops (possibly for other fighters if people are interested as well)

Release date is January 26, 2018.

Updated.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The next biggest since Street Fighter II? I don't know if I'd go that far, unless this game somehow revolutionizes the common design mentality of fighting games. More than likely it will be one of the highest selling fighting games in a while, though, and probably the highest selling of any that come out next year.

At any rate, I'm really looking forward to it. It'll be nice if it can lead to other licensed anime fighting games in a similar style, as well.

Mustang

I only say that because it can potentially bring people from all communities within the FGC together (SF, NRS, Tekken, etc. etc) considering how divided the scene really is. Mainly talking about the tournament scene.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

True, it could have that sort of impact, but I also can't quite shake the feeling that at least some people will remain adamantly biased against anime fighters.

Mustang

No doubt. The crazy part about that is who I'm seeing that kind of attitude from. The Marvel crowd. I can't fault them either because I was seeing the same possible issue of the gameplay might be too simple (Mind you, I haven't seen anything like straight up dissing the game though). I haven't heard anything coming from the Xenoverse side either, but I hear you.

Personally, I just love fighting games (even though the scene itself is making me irritable)
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Spark Of Spirit

Really hyped to try this. As I've said multiple times, my team will most likely be Future Trunks, Krillin, and Ultimate Gohan. They are three of my favorites and I like the way their movsets are looking.The roster is really tight and I could see myself trying any of them out.

That said, I do wish Shueisha could have figured out some way to get Arc involved in making a full on Shonen Jump tag fighter. Just imagining what they could do with a line that goes back nearly half a century is exciting.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mustang

Kid Buu trailer finally out. I don't have much to say about this one.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Updated with Hit, Goku Black and Beerus.

Right now all that's left for my team to be complete is Vegito/Gogeta. If not, Ultimate Gohan, Goku Black and Cell/SSB Vegeta.

I think I counted 24 characters (including Android 21). 2 slots left.

Hmm, will we see anymore reveals before the end of the year?

Oh, duh, talk about stupid, I forgot to post the release date.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

gunswordfist

Hopefully they're Jiren and Roshi.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Mustang

3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Mustang

So after seeing Max's character breakdowns of Goku Black and Hit, my new main team will now be Ultimate Gohan, Hit, and Goku Black. Seriously, from what Max is saying about Hit, he sounds and looks good. Now I'm just waiting to see how Beerus is.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

He had me at: "Goku Black is the Evil Ryu of DBFZ." :joy:

Mustang

I don't know if I get the Evil Ryu vibe from Goku Black since the only move in his arsenal that is the same as Goku is the Kamehameha, whereas Evil Ryu has all of Ryu's moves and then some. I get what he is saying and it's no big deal at all, but I don't agree with that comparison, but yes, all that matters is Goku Black is sick.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Rynnec

Every time I see footage of this game I just want it more and more. You know next year's going to be a good gaming year when one of the first titles released is already a contender for "Game of the Year".

I still have yet to make a decision on my main, but I'm taking a strong fancy to Goku Black and, of all characters, Yamcha. Whoever's the Sol/Ragna/Ken of the game will be who I default to.