Dragon Ball FighterZ

Started by Mustang, November 26, 2017, 01:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

WinterBrawl took place this past weekend

Quote from: EventhubsDragon Ball FighterZ — Results
1. FOX|SonicFox (Goku Black, Hit, Android #16)
2. EG|NYChrisG (Trunks, Android #18, Vegeta)
3. UGS|XCaliburBladez (Cell, Kid Buu, Vegeta)
4. cR|Dekillsage (Trunks, Goku Black, Android #16)
5. TSB|Fame96 (Cell, Blue Goku, Blue Vegeta)
5. FOX|Theo (Adult Gohan, Android #16, Tien)
7. NecroUndine (Android #21, Android #18, Cell)
7. Nakkiel (Kid Buu, Goku, Adult Gohan)

9. AM|Papa Leo (Blue Vegeta, Android 16, Vegeta)
9. EMP|KDZ (Android 16, Adult Gohan, Goku Black)
9. PsrK|BeyondToxin (Goku Black, Android 18, Vegeta)
9. SidTheHaze (Goku Black, Yamcha, Android 16)
13. PAG|Grover (Adult Gohan, Vegeta, Goku)
13. Randomfiend
13. Jeop
13. Circa|Wolfkrone

17. NicoMaki (Cell, Goku Black, Trunks)
17. The Magician (Trunks, Goku Black, Cell)
17. 973|Diaphone
17. VR-Raiden
17. FP|Chavo
17. Method|Flux (Cell, Kid Buu, Vegeta)
17. TempleNut! (Adult Gohan, Android 18, Vegeta)
17. Hook Gang God (Goku Black, Piccolo, Vegeta)

25. Drunken Chicken (Gotenks, Nappa, Beerus)
25. Oreo!
25. TGS|Fuerte (Android 16, Nappa, Tien)
25. Super|Sherlock Perms (Cell, Android 16, Goku)
25. Rean (Teen Gohan, Goku, Frieza)
25. Cloud
25. GS|Hambam (Goku Black, Cell, Android 16)
25. PG|Coach Steve

According to SonicFox, Vegeta sucks. I'm not convinced. Other than that I've been seeing the argument of point, point, point, versus point, battery, achor (think Marvel 2/3). The PBA mindset is pretty much the old heads thinking you need a beam assist (Goku/Black, Tien) with a lockdown assist (Vegeta). At the moment I'm not sure what to think because both sides of the argument could be correct. In the long run I think the meta might turn into point, your best character, beam/lockdown so it might be possible by Evo you could see a lot of 16/Cell/Black, _______, Vegeta (hell, I wouldn't be surprised if you saw those 4 characters become the meta). That being said, I'm hoping to see more of Nakkiel and Fame96.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Fame96 (is becoming my favorite player), I swear the more I watch him play, the more I'm convinced both SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta need a closer look (People are definitely sleeping on SSB Vegeta).

His Cell is no slouch either, but his play with SSB Vegeta really makes me want to reconsider my line up again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pw9YJyIym8
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Alright, so I've been been experimenting with different characters to see who should be my third mainstay for my ideal team, along with Hit and Goku Black. Honestly, while I'm somewhat hesitant to use Android 16 since it would give me the exact same line-up that SoniFox used for the Winter Brawl, it's just too hard to argue with how good these three characters work together while also being individually strong as well. Honestly, if none of them get terribly nerfed before EVO this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see this team make an appearance again even during the Grand Finals.

Mustang

Go for it. Switch the order if you want to feel different or experiment.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

A short gameplay reveal trailer was released for Broly today. It looks like he'll fulfill the tank/big-body character archetype that you find in various other fighting games. Hopefully he'll also be given the ability to negate the effects of bad net-code, in which case I might actually be tempted to play as him.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, my primary team set-up (which I use for ranked matches right now) is Goku Black, Vegeta Blue, and Hit. The major downside to this team is that only Goku Black has a decent assist, but aside from that each character is individually great and their specials combo into each other almost perfectly allowing me to really stack up high damage on opponents, especially since both Vegeta Blue and Goku Black have really good air combos that you can end with a knockdown followed by a level one Super. Of course, that all goes down well in training mode. Actual combat against real opponents proves to be far more difficult to pull off. :sweat:

My secondary team (which I only use for casual matches right now) is Android 16, Future Trunks, and a third spot in which I'm currently alternating between Goku Blue, Adult Gohan, and Piccolo.

Rynnec

Fairly big patch coming tomorrow. Not a whole lot on the balance side, but they are adding new modes and features, with the biggest one being able to go to the offline lobby from the title screen and fixing the Ring Match glitch. A little bummed about existing replays getting erased since I use them to study and improve my own playstyle like many people do, and it eats up a lot less space on the hard drive.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, the servers haven't crashed on me in a while, which is definitely good. Also, by tuning my match preferences to only select people with a stable connection, I haven't had any matches crash on me lately and typically don't experience many frame-rate issues anymore, but the downside is that it takes me several minutes at a time to even find a match in the first place.

At any rate, I'm really starting to get a feel for my current team. As for my secondary team, I've ruled out Goku Blue since he doesn't pair up well with Android 16 and Future Trunks, but I'm still deciding between Adult Gohan and Piccolo.

Mustang

SonicFox vs Go1 in a first to 10

SonicFox - Goku Black, Hit, Android 16
Go1 - Adult Gohan, Cell, Vegeta

I won't say who won (avoid the comment section if you don't want to be spoiled) but both teams are very scary.

Spoiler
Gohan backed by SSJ Vegeta is devestating
[close]
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v6euOkw-I4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFZXXfVdY_o

So while I don't follow him at all (I don't follow Smash players or its content at all) he has been putting out some funny bits about DBFz. My team as of this moment is Cell, Adult Gohan, Vegeta (Go1's team). It might be sad that he's actually right about me lol.

My favorite characters in games, cartoons, anime and movies are mostly edgelords lol.

DMC - Vergil then Dante
Tekken - Jin, Kazuya and Hwaorang
DBZ - Cell, Vegeta, Vegito, Bardock
YYH - Hiei, Kurama
Hellsing - Alucard
Marvel - Wolverine, Gambit, Venom
RK - Hajime Saito, Aoshi
FMA:B - Mustang, Wrath, Kimblee

There's definitely a pattern there lol. Although, I'd probably disagree with his assessment of Cell and portions of A.Gohan, but other than that it's spot on and funny. I also don't sulk, but I do want my alone time and I do mean-mug everyone in the room (just not in a corner lmao). That Vegeta is too good lol.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Rynnec

I'm disappointed he didn't make a jab at Vicious when he brought up Cowboy Bebop, lol. I've dropped Vegeta from my 21/Adult Gohan team, but his descriptions for all three match me pretty well (I was fully prepared to go into story mode first thing before I discovered the early unlock) as I tend to go for characters that are "edgy", have had anger issues, and like anime girls.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Mustang

I'm not sure how I feel about Bardock yet. I can see him and Hit on the same team, but I'm not sure about the rest of the cast yet (I need the pros to get their hands on both characters. Can't stand demo's). Broly on the other hand scares me. If he's anywhere remotely like 16 (armor) he'd be DBZ's version of Abigail (It might be people just love to complain, but SF5 folks are complaining about him like crazy now despite no one plays against him. A whole bunch of Theory fighting and whatnot). I have a hard time fighting big body characters.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Max's Bardock breakdown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtcRQ3JbFTY

Any assist character that causes a situation where it's hard to see what's happening on the screen is going to be great with Bardock as the starter. It's not A.Gohan's level, but more like Vegeta's Cr. light. I can see some situations where doing empty jump lows are gonna be dirty.

Bardock, Cell, Goku/Black
Barkdock, Cell, Vegeta

Potential threatening teams imo.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Insomniac