Started by LumRanmaYasha, May 01, 2014, 07:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Results:

1. "Monotone Summer" (Urusei Yatsura) - 12
2. "OK!" (Pokemon) - 4
3. "Under Star" (Hajime no Ippo) - 12
4. "Flying in the Sky" (G Gundam) - 12

Three-way tie here folks. You know the drill.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Switch Gundam and Urusei Yatsura on my list.

LumRanmaYasha

Thanks, Dr. E-K

"Monotone Summer" and "Under Star" move on to round 3.

Round 2: Match 6

1. "Guardian Angel" (Texhnolyze) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3SzOzm8lmo
2. "Hitori no Yoru" (Great Teacher Onizuka) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDh3D2ewiNs
3. "Smile Bomb" (Yu Yu Hakusho) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUW2hRQkegM
4. "Scramble" (School Rumble) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbuCCTRSgh8

My Picks:

"Smile Bomb"
"Scramble"
"Guardian Angel"
"Hitori no Yoru"

gunswordfist

Ah, Smile Bomb...and I think I recognize that Techwhatever show. I'll vote later. Get your ass into the video game theme thread and vote. :burn:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Grin Explosion
Excellent Professor Eikichi
Tetris
Rumble in the Bronx....of a Japanese High School

Spark Of Spirit

Same as Cartoon X.

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 24, 2014, 12:05:19 AMRumble in the Bronx....of a Japanese High School
Given some of the plots, this isn't too far off. :D
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

School Rumble is on that long list of classic anime that I've sworn to watch, but probably won't get to for a very long time because stuff.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 24, 2014, 12:07:43 AM
Same as Cartoon X.

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 24, 2014, 12:05:19 AMRumble in the Bronx....of a Japanese High School
I'd watch that. :o

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 24, 2014, 12:24:47 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 24, 2014, 12:07:43 AM
Same as Cartoon X.

I'd watch that. :o
At points it gets to be kind of a parody of action anime tropes and some quite goofy action scenes. I'm not sure if it would really be your thing as a whole, though. Its not always like that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Inkwolf

Really tough choices...I like them all. A lot. Which at least is a much better situation than not liking any of them. XD If half of these would have been switched up with half of the last round, I'd be happier...whatever wins here, two excellent OPs will be biting the dust.

(If there's a tie, there are several titles I could swap around.)

1.  "Scramble" (School Rumble) - Captures so much of the show's heart and humor, fantastic song, love the whole 'spinning' visual theme. So much to look at!
2. "Hitori no Yoru" (Great Teacher Onizuka)  - So much attitude and story! Totally shows the character's personality.
3.  "Smile Bomb" (Yu Yu Hakusho) - Full of joy and energy. Makes me want to watch the show.
4. "Guardian Angel" (Texhnolyze) Just so much amazing atmosphere and mind-control...can't take my eyes and ears off it. This was actually my gut-reaction choice for first place, but after thinking about it, if I was actually watching the series, I would probably skip over this intro after seeing it a few times, where the others I'd watch over and over...

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

The Shadow Gentleman

Well damn, this is a toughie.

Bad Teacher
Eggs
Diamond is not Crash
Guardian Angel

VLordGTZ

Smile Bomb
Scramble
Hitori no Yoru
Guardian Angel

LumRanmaYasha

GSF, you're the only one left who needs to vote in this match. Please vote soon!

gunswordfist

gunswordfist

Smile Bomb - Kurama powering up is the best!
GTO - So wait, he was just high on his couch and just dreamed/hallucinated the whole thing?
Tedafnjegfnanf - Trippy but kind of annoying to watch.
Rumble - So wait, what's with the girl with the gun? So random.