The Greatest Anime Opening Ever Tournament

Started by LumRanmaYasha, May 01, 2014, 07:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's the laugh of hysteria that will soon be followed by a burst of rage, then. Walter White did that exact thing in Breaking Bad.

LumRanmaYasha

But you've given me no reason to be angry at you, and your joke wasn't that funny either.  :??:

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Cartoon X on July 11, 2014, 12:06:42 AM
But you've given me no reason to be angry at you, and your joke wasn't that funny either.  :??:

Yet you claimed to laugh at it, so you still come out looking like the fool. :bleh:

LumRanmaYasha

But I didn't laugh hysterically, like you claimed. Your joke was not funny enough to make me laugh very hard or very long. It just made me chuckle a bit. It was just surprising to me that you attributed Harlock as a Tezuka work, when it's clearly a Matsumoto work. It's like if someone confused the works of Kaoru Mori for those of Makoto Yukimura. :P And as for the KOR joke, well, I just thought you didn't watch the opening, since oranges aren't even a motif in it, so I found amusement in your assumption. 

VLordGTZ

Inkwolf

I can see that Round 3 is going to be painful, with so much awesomeness in each round to choose between!

1. "Ghost Sweeper" (Ghost Sweeper Mikami)
2. "Space Pirate Captain Harlock"
3. "Night of Summer Side" (Kimagure Orange Road)
4.  "Biggest Dreamer" (Digimon Tamers)

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Cartoon X on July 11, 2014, 12:55:46 AM
But I didn't laugh hysterically, like you claimed. Your joke was not funny enough to make me laugh very hard or very long.

But that's not what you said. You claimed to laugh at it and then tried to claim it's not funny. That makes no sense. And, either way, it wasn't a joke. Only you labeled it as such. :>

QuoteIt just made me chuckle a bit. It was just surprising to me that you attributed Harlock as a Tezuka work, when it's clearly a Matsumoto work. It's like if someone confused the works of Kaoru Mori for those of Makoto Yukimura. :P And as for the KOR joke, well, I just thought you didn't watch the opening, since oranges aren't even a motif in it, so I found amusement in your assumption.

You take everything way too seriously then. I'm not a moron. I said "something about Oranges" because that just happened to be in the title, knowing fully well that it had nothing to do with the show. I was just expressing my boredom at copy/pasting each of these shows titles, so I tired to lighten up the mood a little bit. I've done that before, so how you misinterpreted that is beyond me. It's not an assumption on my part in this case, but on yours.

Now it looks like I'll have to just do boring copy/pasting for each round from now on and not have any fun. Mr. I'm such a Hard-Ass said so. :humhumhum:

LumRanmaYasha

I was just kidding around, man.  :P

Anyway, results.

1. "Ghost Sweeper" (Ghost Sweeper Mikami) - 19
2. "Space Pirate Captain Harlock" (Space Pirate Captain Harlock) - 13
3. "Biggest Dreamer" (Digimon Tamers) - 12
4. "Night of Summer Side" (Kimagure Orange Road) - 16

"Ghost Sweeper" and "Night of Summer Side" move on to round 4.

Round 3: Match 2

1. "Battlecry" (Samurai Champloo) -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OuRajFzMYI
2. "Ask DNA" (Cowboy Bebop: The Movie) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofSLCFxJ8Jo
3. "Driver's High" (Great Teacher Onizuka) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phAoChN1nC4
4. "Guns and Roses" (Baccano!) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOZ1hsb8smQ

To show Dr. E-k I was just kidding around (and also because I can't think of anything new to say about these openings), I will make statements for these ones:

The good old days of GTO, back when he was teaching troubled teens and not a dang idol class and Ryuji and Saejima didn't have their own mediocre spinoffs.
Whenever I think of how we won't ever get a second season I get depressed and immediately have to watch this opening or re-watch the show.
Being a badass is in Spike's DNA.
Mugen and Jin's battlecry is heard by many but remembered by few.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Grand Theft Otto
It's kind of overrated anyways, so I don't care about a 2nd season....:humhumhum:
I asked, but it didn't answer
Cowboy Bebop Meets Feudal Japan

gunswordfist

Ask DNA
Battlecry
GTO
Bacon
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Great Lecher Onizuka
Bacon-Oh!
Samurai Shampoo
Coyote Ragtime: The Movie
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

The Shadow Gentleman

Something something immortal gangsters.
Something something perverted teacher.
Something something funky cowboys.
Something something rapping samurai.

Foggle

Guns and Roses
Ask DNA
Battlecry
Driver's High

Excellent round.

VLordGTZ