The Greatest Anime Opening Ever Tournament

Started by LumRanmaYasha, May 01, 2014, 07:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow Gentleman

gunswordfist

Oh yeah, Smile Bomb. All I was thinking about was AHHHHHSHHEEE!

I swear Cartoon_X daylights as a court stenographer. How the hell did Bebop win best anime here? Monster or Yu yu Hakusho should have been a shoein.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Departure- Because fun
Stand Proud- Because 2nd most fun
Dancing Star- I was tempted to put this higher just to prove CX wrong, but while it is great, I just can't deny my love for the above 2 opening themes

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 18, 2014, 08:08:34 PM
Oh yeah, Smile Bomb. All I was thinking about was AHHHHHSHHEEE!

I swear Cartoon_X daylights as a court stenographer. How the hell did Bebop win best anime here? Monster or Yu yu Hakusho should have been a shoein.

Yu Yu Hakusho wasn't featured in that tournament because it already won the very first anime tournament that we did. With Monster, I recall it coming close, but the reason it didn't win was because some of us down voted it towards the end for being a carbon copy of the manga.

Inkwolf

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

VLordGTZ

LumRanmaYasha

Results:

1. "Departure (version 1)" (Hunter X Hunter 2011) - 9
2. "Stand Proud" (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders) - 12
3. "Dancing Star" (Urusei Yatsura) - 9

"Stand Proud" moves on to round 5.

Quarter-Finals: Match 3

1. "Alone Again (Naturally)" (Maison Ikkoku) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH_572d1XA4
2. "You wa Shock/Ai wa Toriwadase" (Fist of the North Star) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAqLie4EgUc
3. "Cobra" (Space Adventure Cobra) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0EtFwBA8sE

My Picks:

"Alone Again (Naturally)" - Wonderful song and visuals creating a melancholy experience perfectly in sync with the emotional feel of the show. As a fan of MI I always get a lot out of this when I watch it. 
"Cobra" - A classic jazzy opening for one cool show.
"You wa Shock" - Bleeds badassery. I don't think it's as amazing as some other people seem too, but it is an awesome opening. I know most people are going to put it first and it'll move on, so I'm going to show some support to the other two openings and give 'em a fighting chance.

Inkwolf

1. "Cobra" (Space Adventure Cobra)
2. "Alone Again (Naturally)" (Maison Ikkoku)
3. "You wa Shock/Ai wa Toriwadase" (Fist of the North Star)

Weird round: BOTH of the OPs that everyone but me loves, and one that I think is cool but would never have imagined I would rate 1st this late in the game. XD

LumRanmaYasha

Eh? I'm pretty sure the only people here who love "Alone Again" are me and Vlord.  :P

The Shadow Gentleman

YOU WA SHOCK
Arboc
Me, everyday.

VLordGTZ

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Inkwolf

Quote from: Cartoon X on July 19, 2014, 11:33:33 AM
Eh? I'm pretty sure the only people here who love "Alone Again" are me and Vlord.  :P

Then how did it get this far?