The Greatest Anime Opening Ever Tournament

Started by LumRanmaYasha, May 01, 2014, 07:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow Gentleman

Very tough round. I'm honestly fine with any of these winning.

VLordGTZ

gunswordfist

same as ek. that bacon op is not that good. also, durarara is boring.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 24, 2014, 11:54:07 PM
same as ek. that bacon op is not that good. also, durarara is boring.
You're not that good and boring. >:( >:( >:(

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on July 24, 2014, 11:35:33 PM
Smile Bomb is better than any of these, but whatever....
So are H.T. and Yu Wa Shock, but this is what we've got so...

Lupin
Guns & Roses
Bloody Stream
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

i like zombie video games, juno, codename kids next door and cloverfield.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 25, 2014, 12:26:49 AM

And Duvet and Mafushigi Adventure are better than all those, but you don't see me pouting.  :humhumhum:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 25, 2014, 12:27:45 AM
:D

Amazing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Cartoon X on July 25, 2014, 12:31:47 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 25, 2014, 12:26:49 AM

And Duvet and Mafushigi Adventure are better than all those, but you don't see me pouting.  :humhumhum:

I'd like to point out that I was always a strong supporter of Mafushigi Adventure. It's all of these other schmucks that didn't vote for it.

gunswordfist

Foggle

Tank is still the best opening.

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 25, 2014, 12:27:45 AM
what

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 25, 2014, 12:51:37 AM
lupin is much better than h.t.
But is Cloverfield better than Codename Kids Next Door?

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on July 25, 2014, 12:39:43 AM
I'd like to point out that I was always a strong supporter of Mafushigi Adventure. It's all of these other schmucks that didn't vote for it.

And I strongly supported "Smile Bomb" and "H.T." and enjoy "You wa Shock." My point is that that this final match came about from a long and fair voting process based on the diverse opinions of all 8 regular voters (plus some others) in this competition, and I just think it's silly to be spiteful about how it's turned out. This competition, much like previous ones, was designed to find out what is the commonly agreed upon "greatest" anime opening among the members of this board, after all. Everyone has voted honestly throughout this six round competition, and this final match-up is the result. I'm definitely surprised, and a bit disappointed, that neither "Smile Bomb" or "H.T.," among others, didn't make it to the final round, but all the same, I think these are all awesome openings and none of them would have gotten this far without the majority of the participants in this thread agreeing as such, so I am satisfied with the final match-up.

Of course, it does help that that all three of these are favorites of mine.  :P

Foggle

I agree with Cartoon X to a point, though I would like to add that our fair voting process has proven that these three are the only good anime openings of all time and everything else is garbage.

Also, I have just accepted a paid sponsorship from Funimation stating that, as per our recent forum merger, Love (Loyalty) is to be announced the winner by default.

Inkwolf

Quote from: Foggle on July 25, 2014, 01:04:33 AM
Also, I have just accepted a paid sponsorship from Funimation stating that, as per our recent forum merger, Love (Loyalty) is to be announced the winner by default.

Yay, no more voting necessary! XD

But if I DID vote, I'd vote the same as Shadow Gentleman.

Don't whine, guys, all of us have lost personal favorites by the wayside..sometimes because we had to vote against them ourselves in fairness. Democracy is a compromise, nobody gets what they want, we all get what the group is willing to settle for.

Now we can all go off and make our personal list of True Best Anime Opening Ever, Except Everyone Else Has Sucky Taste.

Sora No Wo To and Fantastic Children OPs are awesome, as well as Romeo X Juliet and Moribito, which I forgot to nominate. So there.  :il_rope:

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!