What Movie Did You Just Watch

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 08:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

Other three now.  ABC Family premiered a fifth film last month.  I haven't seen any since the second one, nor do I want to.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

Oh yeah, I saw that one. It's not really a Home Alone film being that the kid is never actually alone in the entire film. It's really just an average Christmas special that has the usual burglar foiling plot. At the very least the kid isn't a pale rewrite of Kevin (again) and it isn't as awful as the other two, but it isn't particularly good as a whole. You're not missing anything, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I watched the 2nd film first so I prefer that one. I'd probably agree that the first film was better since the 2nd film mainly just recycled a lot of the same gimmicks from the first film, but honestly since the 2nd film was the one I was introduced to first, I found the props and physical humor to be to a higher extreme than the first film so that was more entertaining for me, and it has the best scene with the TV playing in the background and Tim Curry's performance there is just hilarious. The 2nd film also had plenty of heart to it. That's my favorite one, personally, though the first one is good as well.

But yeah, 3 and 4 can just go to hell.

Avaitor

I had a conversation about this with some of my friends the other day, and we agree that while the first is definitely better, the second is at least better than the others and has some good stuff in it too.

Too bad I can't convince my friends to think the same about the Hangover movies, since they think the second is about as good as the first.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Meant to post here sooner. But late on Christmas night I rewatched Black Christmas. I have to say that, being the only high quality slasher alongside Halloween, Black Christmas is its equal and, in some ways, actually better. I just love how completely effed up the killer in the movie is, and the Christmas atmosphere is perfect. Shame that it got criticized when it was new. It's a lot less marketable than Halloween (which had a role model heroine, a clear villain, etc), but it really is another great piece of work... That's not to say it's better. Halloween is just rather straightforward in comparison. Overall the two films are mostly equal in quality, and I personally think I'll always come back to Halloween as my preferred one. Both are worth watching though, specifically in their themed seasons.

Foggle

Just finished my ninth viewing of Hot Fuzz. Still just as funny as the first time five and a half years ago.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I went with my cousin and my older brother to see Django Unchained last night. As someone who typically doesn't care for most Quentin Tarantino movies (yet for some reason I've seen all of them except for Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown), I surprisingly enjoyed this one. It did drag a bit in the middle for me, though, but I think I like this more just because I like westerns. To be fair, you can't just label this movie as a western as its also just as much about slavery, but its a good combination of the 2 and may be the only QT film that I have seen where I personally actually find the main characters likable.

Its no The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly by a long shot, but its certainly an entertaining film, which is something that is something I wasn't expecting to find much of given my personal distaste or uninterest in most of what Tarantino has put out in the past.

Avaitor

I thought you said that you've seen Reservoir Dogs.

But I still really need to see Django. One thing that really interests me about it is that Tarantino actually ripped the songs used in the soundtracks from his vinyl collection. Cracks, skips and all.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on December 30, 2012, 09:24:31 PM
I thought you said that you've seen Reservoir Dogs.

Did I? I must have confused it with another film if/when I said that, and if not then maybe I did see it but can barely even remember it. Either way, I don't think I've seen it, so I was mistaken if I said that before.

Hime

The recent movie I've watched was Breaking Dawn part 2.

And most recent would be Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear.

Wow, I do have interest on old movies :sly:

Avaitor

New blog!

Hime

Quote from: Avaitor on December 31, 2012, 12:21:02 PM
Quote from: Hime on December 31, 2012, 12:17:29 PM
The recent movie I've watched was Breaking Dawn part 2.
How was it?

The movie's okay, except at the end part making Alice like trolling about the fight :P

Still, it's pretty good to watch when the part where Jacob nicknames Renesmee :sweat:

Foggle

Just got back from Django Unchained.

BEST FUCKING MOVIE EVER HOLY SHIT :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Avaitor

So yeah, if you like action movies, you owe it to yourself to see Django.

New blog!

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on January 03, 2013, 04:14:11 PM
So yeah, if you like action movies, you owe it to yourself to see Django.
Best movie of 2012, if not the decade so far, IMO.