What Movie Did You Just Watch

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 08:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

I heard it from a friend who said he wanted to see it tomorrow. If you're right, there are only two possibilities.

1. My friend was just wrong.
2. When he said he wanted to go see it tomorrow, he actually meant he wanted to rewatch the first movie.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's not too far off. Just about another 2 weeks until it releases.

As for me, I'm pumped. The trailers look awesome, and I don't care what anyone else says, since this is basically the long-awaited sequel to my favorite superhero movie ever (yes, I like it even more than The Dark Knight and The Avengers on a personal level).

Actually, this year looks pretty good for Marvel. Aside from TASM2 (which looks like it could be a mess), the rest of their line-up for this year looks like they all have the potential to be great, going by the trailers. I'm genuinely excited for Captain America and X-Men already, and GOTG looks like it might be a really fun action/adventure space opera type movie in the vein of something like classic Star Wars.

Spark Of Spirit

Captain America was like superheroes meets Raiders of the Lost Ark, so I also obviously thought it was excellent. So far it looks like they might just carry the feel over into the second movie in a more modern tone.

But yeah, it was my favorite Marvel movie on a personal level, too. Avengers was great, but it was different.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Avaitor

I have to be honest, of the big 3 Avengers, Iron Man has always been my least favorite by a significant margin. I've always been way more into Thor and Cap, which probably explains why I prefer their movies to Tony's.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on March 13, 2014, 09:57:38 PM
I have to be honest, of the big 3 Avengers, Iron Man has always been my least favorite by a significant margin. I've always been way more into Thor and Cap, which probably explains why I prefer their movies to Tony's.
It says a lot that Downey was the first time I've ever actually enjoyed the character and the movie was surprisingly great on top of it but it still wasn't enough to beat the others for me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 13, 2014, 10:02:44 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on March 13, 2014, 09:57:38 PM
It says a lot that Downey was the first time I've ever actually enjoyed the character and the movie was surprisingly great on top of it but it still wasn't enough to beat the others for me.
Yeah, that's what really got me into his movie, the performance. That and just how fresh it felt at the time. It wasn't as dark as Nolan's Batflicks but Favreau got a good balance of serious and funny compared to the Spider-Mans, and added in some better humor than the X-Mens. It really was something new.

Then 2 happened, and yeah. The third was a step-up, but in hindsight, it felt a bit too similar to the first 2. I actually thought that Thor 2 was a better sequel in terms of shaping things up from the first in a logical way.

New blog!

talonmalon333

To be honest, I don't actually love Thor. I think it's a good film, but not a great one.

Robert Downey Jr. of course makes Iron Man, but I think it's just a really interesting film. I also find it interesting how the Marvel movie universe started with a movie centered around militaristic stuff and super weapons in a way that almost, almost seems like it could one day be a real thing in our world... That universe ended up becoming one with thunder gods and giant space whales. I don't mean that as a criticism in the slightest. It's just funny and, if it weren't for Iron Man's post-credits sequence, would make me think this whole crossover Avengers series wasn't originally intended back when Iron Man was first released.

Spark Of Spirit

That's what I think helped them work so well together. Iron Man was sci-fi, Thor was fantasy, and Captain America was historical adventure, and they brought them together in one film and all their individual elements worked amazingly well together.

talonmalon333

I can agree with that.

Man, talking about these movies reminds me of how the DC movie universe is probably going to badly fail at competing with these movies.

Avaitor

Oh, but do NOT look up the soundtrack for Winter Solider. I hear that there's a really big spoiler which is revealed as one of the titles.

New blog!

gunswordfist

My name is GSF and I like to wear women's clothing
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Dammit, that makes me wonder about the spoiler now... :-\
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Best Buy had the last Muppets movie for $10, and the Disney Movie Rewards code gave me a free admission to the new one this week!

Good day all in all.

New blog!