Looney Tunes Cartoons

Started by Daikun, August 28, 2018, 12:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on June 13, 2018, 05:55:43 PMBased on further developments, we might need to make a new thread for these.

Okay, let's do this!

WB's previous attempt to revive the Looney Tunes for a new generation, Wabbit, didn't go so well. It was shuffled to Boomerang's streaming service and cancelled after 2 seasons.

Well, they're not giving up on the property yet, so they're restarting from scratch with designs that are much closer to their 1940s counterparts. They announced the project in June, which you can read about here.

During Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, WB gave us a taste of the animation featuring Daffy acting like his old self. Check out the sequence.

Finally, WB put up a billboard.

And these are all the updates so far.

Avaitor

According to Jerry Beck on FB (mostly in sporadic comments here and there), these aren't going to be 200 7 minute shorts, but rather will be of a variety of lengths, from one minute interstitials to 6 minute shorts. And they're in the early stages of development so far, which he predicts will arrive next summer at the earliest.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Avaitor

Looking good! I hope to see or hear more about these soon.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daikun

Daikun

Some of the shorts will be shown at Annecy this June. They included a brief clip in their trailer.

Here it is as a GIF.

Daikun

Preview footage from Annecy.

Holy shit, this looks good!

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

Full shorts are now being uploaded to YouTube!

Pest Coaster
Wet Cement
Tunnel Vision

Commode

I like these cartoons so far, but they seem to be taking more cues from various Nicktoons than the original Warner Bros cartoons.  The gag in Pest Coaster with Sam's skin separating from his skeleton is a gag straight from Rocko's Modern Life, and the latest Sylvester cartoon that just premiered today has some serious Ren and Stimpy vibes. 

I do love the art and animation for the most part, though in the Roadrunner cartoon there is a slight animation error when he enters the boulder that I would like to see cleaned up.  Love the gag in the Wet Cement cartoon where Daffy emerges hand in hand with his creator Tex Avery, in a parody of the Disney Partners statues.

Still ain't seen my favorite chicken yet, where is the boy?
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, I'm not sure how to feel about that. It works wonders for the recent Mickey Mouse cartoons, but not as much here.

Avaitor

I'm watching the first selection of shorts now, and they're fun, but I definitely see the Nicktoon comparisons. The Bugs vs Sam arm-wrestling cartoon in particular has some very Spumco-esq expressions and mannerisms.

There's some fun stuff here, and I understand the need for the characters to adapt and evolve to the changing times. But it feels like these are following the course, instead of leading it, as opposed to the Warner crew in their prime years.

New blog!