TV Sucks

Started by Commode, February 09, 2012, 08:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

The show still lives on in almost every single live action show on a family channel.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

To bring back the Honey Boo-Boo discussion, I just learned that the dad of the middle child is a registered sex offender.

It makes sense. I mean, can you really think fo any other kind of person who'd want to tap this:

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Can we just not talk about Honey Boo Boo? I mean, it's like talking about watching a dog slowly die. It's unpleasant for everyone involved and only the blackest humour can be made from it.

But seriously, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is the bleakest program shown on television. Even bleaker than The Wire. Even bleaker than most Holocaust documentaries. Even bleaker than the ending to Blake's 7. You feel this combination of pity and scorn when seeing this little girl mutate into an attention whore. The ultimate futility of humanity is portrayed in seeing this girl lose touch with her own identity, simply being known as "Honey Boo Boo".

Avaitor

That's partly why I bring this up. The Honey Boo Boo, or really, the Mama saga, is one of the greatest tragedies of our time and hints towards the upcoming end of the world being a likely possibility.

And really, it's becoming the new One Direction on tumblr- something that you'll find on your dash no matter what kind of blogs you follow. There really needs to be a better male-female ratio on the site.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Well, of course it's being talked about. Who wouldn't want miss the apex of nihilistic drama being played out on basic cable?

Avaitor

Oh, and while I saw the Avengers, they played a commercial for what's bound to be NBC's smash new comedy- Animal Practice

Holy shit this looks horrendous. See for yourself. This is what happens when NBC tries to "broaden" their comedies.

New blog!

Daxdiv

They aired ads for that during the Olympics. I thought it was pretty stupid. I don't see it passing a 1st season.

Dr. Insomniac

Eddy

Okay, I guess I've been out of the TV loop for some time now, so who the hell is Honey Boo Boo? I keep seeing the name thrown around and pictures of a white trash family that I guess enters beauty pageants?

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Eddy on September 01, 2012, 03:17:23 PM
Okay, I guess I've been out of the TV loop for some time now, so who the hell is Honey Boo Boo? I keep seeing the name thrown around and pictures of a white trash family that I guess enters beauty pageants?
Child pageant girl who's been manipulated by her stage parents with steroi--I mean, "GoGo juice". Her mom looks like a talking thumb, and their show is basically today's incarnation of the freak show.

Also, I feel that this talk of bad television needs to be balanced out by recommending everyone to watch The Wire instead.

Avaitor

You know, I just thought about something- it sucks that FX won't find more time for reruns of their own shows. I understand that the network was created as a dumping ground for Fox's stuff, but at this point, aside from premieres and the odd late-night repeats of their show's most recent episodes, all they really air are CBS's shows and movies. The crazy thing is that while they do own some of the movies and HIMYM, they don't own Two and a Half Men, or stuff like Iron Man or Transformers.

And you'd think with originals that have received such critical acclaim and commercial interest as theirs, they would find room to air their shows more regularly. But nope. That's why Sunny repeats went to Comedy Central before they got syndicated, and I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens to Archer when it hits 65 episodes.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

What are you talking about? I've seen plenty of repeats of Sons of Anarchy.

Avaitor

For the newer episodes, right? Because they don't air older repeats for other shows, like Sunny and Archer.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

So for some reason we get Adult Party Cartoon on our Netflix yet we can't seem to get King Of The Hill.

UGH.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

That's almost as bad as APC being on DVD, yet the majority of KOTH still isn't.

Granted, APC was only like seven episodes long, so it all fits neatly into one set, but still; it's the principle of the matter.