Comics/Manga Discussion Thread

Started by gunswordfist, June 11, 2012, 06:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

Markness

Unless Dark Horse actually finishes publishing the rest of Eden It's An Endless World! (Doubtful at this point.), the most likely last product I will buy from them is their translation of the latest Berserk volume.

Dr. Insomniac

Dr. Insomniac

I read this article a few days ago regarding the limitations of Batman and if there's anywhere new to say with Bruce Wayne as a character, or if writers are stuck to replaying the old favorites. I kind of disagree, since these things usually go in waves. It's easy to look at everything post-2012, when Nolan ended the Dark Knight movies, Morrison ended their Batman run, Brave and the Bold at the time recently wrapped up, and see a phase where creators throughout the mediums are struggling on new things to do with the character. But even if it takes a while, characters like Batman always eventually find a visionary to shake the status quo and squeeze new life.

Though I'd argue a character like Spider-Man is going through these issues. When was the last time someone successfully added anything new to Peter Parker's life, instead of just throwing more Spider-people into his supporting cast?

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha

Azuki's almost a year old, it's been around since last June.  :sweat: But yeah, it is a great service and app to read Kodansha, Star Fruit Books, Sozo Comics, and Glacier Bay Books titles on. And especially more reliable and less buggy than Crunchyroll Manga to read Kodansha's simulpubs.

Dr. Insomniac

So Ram V and Zdarsky are writing Detective Comics and Batman respectively at the same time this Summer. Batman comics are gonna get really exciting soon.