Started by Avaitor, July 01, 2011, 08:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

I just got done watching the first 3 episodes. It looks like the writers finally got their act together. This is looking much more focused than the previous 2 seasons. I hope they can stay on track this time.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Wait, so how can Korra use the Avatar State? Didn't she have her connection the the previous Avatars severed in Book 2?

As for the first 3 episodes, while I do find some of the execution to be lacking, it definitely seems like a step up from Book 2, so far. I also like how the main group of villains are benders of each different element.

And of course Zuko being back is a welcome sight.

Daikun

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 28, 2014, 01:15:17 AMWait, so how can Korra use the Avatar State? Didn't she have her connection the the previous Avatars severed in Book 2?

Raava came back at the season finale. Yes, the previous Avatars are gone, but her connection to Raava lets her use the Avatar State.

LumRanmaYasha

Season 3 premieres to lackluster ratings.

Of course, Nick only announced the show's return a week in advance and barely promoted it, so what else would you expect?

Spark Of Spirit

I didn't even remember it was on.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Good Job Nick, you didn't even put the episodes on your website or your On Demand service either. You really want people to watch this show.

Nel_Annette

Yeah, I had no idea the premiere was on when it was. And we can't even catch it online? Lame.

Peanutbutter

The third season has been doing well so far, and Nick's slipshod scheduling has been going on since the second season started. So at least we can say it's not because of the writing quality.

It's really stupid of Nick to do this, considering how it was globally popular. I hate to say this, but I think the reason why they're burying Korra is because they still resent that it's main character is female. I don't know how Korra's toys have been selling, but I could see them doing this just so they can prove themselves right about "girls not buying toys".

Daxdiv

There are toys of Korra?

Avaitor

How can you blame the writing quality on the ratings if it's only been on for a week, anyway?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Peanutbutter

Probably it's the last season and that might be the justification. Still really stupid though.

LumRanmaYasha

Korra was renewed through season 4 way back when the first season was still airing, so we've still got one more coming up. I am betting the show will end after that one airs, though.

gunswordfist

OMG, Book 3 already premiered weeks ago?! Me avoiding this thread due to avoiding leaked episode info and me avoiding Nick made me being oblivious possible.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

What's the name of the first episode?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody