Anime Recommendations

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, February 13, 2011, 02:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacattackForce

Kino's Journey. Unarguably one of my favourite anime, if not one of my favourite animated series of all-time. Beautifully animated, with a lot of toned-down earthy colours. Lovely work on the parts of both the Japanese and English voice actors. Great, great music. And the stories are just fantastic; well-written and thought-provoking tales that bring up discussions of politics, human relationships, and more using an urban fantasy setting. I fell in love with this show after just a single episode, and I wholeheartedly recommend it to everyone, no matter their genre preferences. To some, it might be a bit boring at times. But for me, it's inspiring, and watching it helps remind me how far this medium of animation can take storytelling.

Lord Dalek

Foggle

MY FACE WHEN I WATCH AKU NO HANA:

Kiddington

Rosalinas Spare Wand

So that's what the Iron Man Armored Adventures crew is working on now.

TheEclecticDude

Check out my list of Favorite Anime in that respective thread.

gunswordfist

Believe it or not, I do want to watch more than battle shonen. It's just that whenever I look for something outside of the genre, it eithers ironically suffers from having bad battle shonen cliches (wallpaper art, cliched characters, ditzy story..). I'd love to find a good horror or crime/noir series but it looks like I'll just stick to Western comics for that.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 12, 2013, 03:34:25 PM
Believe it or not, I do want to watch more than battle shonen. It's just that whenever I look for something outside of the genre, it eithers ironically suffers from having bad battle shonen cliches (wallpaper art, cliched characters, ditzy story..). I'd love to find a good horror or crime/noir series but it looks like I'll just stick to Western comics for that.
Psycho-Pass.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 12, 2013, 03:50:42 PM
Psycho-Pass.
Are you calling me crazy???!!??!!!!!!???!!??!!?!??!?!!!?!?????!!!!???!!!!

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 12, 2013, 04:29:52 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 12, 2013, 03:50:42 PM
Psycho-Pass.
Are you calling me crazy???!!??!!!!!!???!!??!!?!??!?!!!?!?????!!!!???!!!!
http://www.funimation.com/psycho-pass/videos

gunswordfist

I'll buy you a sarcasm detector for Christmas. ;)

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 13, 2013, 12:01:40 AM
I'll buy you a sarcasm detector for Christmas. ;)
Yes, because the holy spirit of white Jesus demands that I have this illustrious present that is a sarcasm detector. I have been so lost without an item like the one you have adequately described. My lack of tact has allowed me to think that movies such as Friday were serious depictions of life during a Friday afternoon. But now, I am enlightened. Thank you for making me see the light through your gift. I definitely believe that you shall buy me a sarcasm detector. Because those things totally exist.

gunswordfist

I'm sure you've been fired on your day off before.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 13, 2013, 07:38:26 AM
I'm sure you've been fired on your day off before.
Just watch the bloody show.

TheEclecticDude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-4KjJTE1PE

This show....is comedy gold, that I have uncovered.

Enjoy ^_^