Channel Larry (EDIT: Channel Awesome renamed to just Nostalgia Critic)

Started by Commode, December 30, 2010, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I haven't seen any of Robert Rodriguez's children's films before, but Jesus Christ! Is that shit really from the same guy who directed El Mariachi, Desperado, From Dusk Till Dawn, and Sin City? I mean, I knew that it was bad, but I didn't know that it was THIS BAD! :whuh:

gunswordfist

Anything for his kids. :thinkin:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

Who names their kid "Racer?" It's like you're asking for them to be bullied or something.

gunswordfist

I might name my kid something mean so he can become Daredevil.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

LumRanmaYasha

LumRanmaYasha

This week, the NC reviews Jurassic World, and in a..."unique" change of pace, does it without using any clips from the movie!

Peanutbutter

Not sure why he felt the need to review this when it's still in theaters. I'm guessing he justifies in the vid, but the site isn't loading for me.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

His reason is because big studios kept getting his videos removed from YouTube and some other sites since apparently some of them think that his negative reviews hurt their profits or something like that (which doesn't really make any sense for the older Jurassic Park movies that he reviewed). So as a big "fuck you" to them, he decided to review this movie while it was still in theaters and get by any copyright issues by not using any footage from the film, but instead using his standard skits in place of actual movie scenes.

The review itself was a bit of a mess, IMO, but I did really love the Honest Trailers crossover at the end.

Peanutbutter

Ah, okay. That explains it. Some people I've seen elseware have been going a little overboard on Doug saying how's still pushing Demo Reel, can't move on from its failure, and how his releasing this is somehow him trying to show off his genius. I can understand not liking the review if it sucked, but those reactions are annoying.

I'll watch the review tomorrow.

LumRanmaYasha

Steven Universe vlogs are a-go.

Though he's started it out of order, probably because that's how they on the dvds. They should really have checked a listing of the eps before they started it.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Cartoon X on June 28, 2015, 08:18:02 AM
Steven Universe vlogs are a-go.

Though he's started it out of order, probably because that's how they on the dvds. They should really have checked a listing of the eps before they started it.

I have the DVD, and yes it's the first one. It should be noted though that Laser Light Cannon is the actual first episode though; it was the first one produced.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

All her songs sound the same.  It's amazing she's catching on.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.