Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I doubt they will for the simple fact that too many people's internet connection still isn't able to support a console with no physical media.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Quotesomeone on FAN whom I've known from other sites and had always been level-headed has been swallowed up by GG and that makes me sad

No, Taylor I just happned to look into both sides of Gamer Gate and saw people in support of it getting harassed themselves.  :burn:

Peanutbutter

And here she goes again.

Quotedear person on FAN: if GG isn't the hate group I think they are, then why tf has GG dogpiled me for being trans?

Funny, I've only seen a few people get on your case about that, and I don't recall them using the Gamergate hashtag.

Quotethis person was one of my favorite posters on the forum. I know him from other places. I didn't picture him to be a GG supporter at all...

And when you were on Watch a bit ago, I didn't realize just how disappointedly closed-minded you were. I don't condone harassment, but I looked though GG enough on Twitter to see that the vast majority of people in it aren't what you think they are. A handful of jerks giving you crap whether they did use the hashtag doesn't give you the moral right to libel a large group of people. Love how you feel you have to use Twitter to address this, when you could have either posted on Freakin Awesome Network or PMed me.

^That's what I want to say to her. I could PM her over at FAN or use my Twitter account to answer but what's the point? Given her recent behavior the last three years I sadly wouldn't put it past her to block her just because I say #NotAllGGers or whatever stupid way she'd mock it. Nevermind she's committing the guilt-by-association fallacy.

Whatever, she shamelessly retweets Sarah Butts, and known harasser Randi Harper. Whatever moral high ground she thinks she has is made of sand.

Foggle

I think it'd be best if you confront her about it directly and privately. Don't be aggressive, just try to have a reasonable conversation. Who knows, maybe you two can have a good discussion and learn something from each other. :)

I also would prefer not to see posts like that on AR, since it comes dangerously close to TZW territory. I just don't think this is the right forum to air out dirty internet laundry.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Foggle on August 30, 2015, 06:14:06 PM
I think it'd be best if you confront her about it directly and privately. Don't be aggressive, just try to have a reasonable conversation. Who knows, maybe you two can have a good discussion and learn something from each other. :)

I also would prefer not to see posts like that on AR, since it comes dangerously close to TZW territory. I just don't think this is the right forum to air out dirty internet laundry.

Since I don't really like Twitter and have had problems getting logged in the few times I did feel like using it, I thought I'd post a response here since she has posted before on here and thought there might be a chance to see it. I fully intend being civil whether it's public or private.  I don't see any discussion I could have that wouldn't end with her blocking me. But I won't bring anything up with her here. I just needed to vent.

Had Gary not done what he called out Zecks over, I would have used Watch.

Nel_Annette

I don't know how many of you care about Amiibo, but I'm perusing sites right now for the 9/11 releases and Dr. Mario actually is available for pre-order on Target's site right now. It's the only one of the new ones that I've actually seen become available on any site for a while now. So I'd jump on that if you're interested. Jigglypuff's back in stock too, I know that's Target exclusive but I don't know how rare it is.

A Xenoblade Chronicles X special edition was announced today and I got home from work two hours after it was announced. Was already sold out on Amazon. Bummer.

talonmalon333

Is the online shop for Wii U halfway decent?

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 02, 2015, 05:09:18 PM
Is the online shop for Wii U halfway decent?
It's definitely better than the ones on the Wii, 3DS, PS3, and Xbox 360, that's for sure. I prefer the PS4 shop, though.

talonmalon333

I hated the Wii shop. I like that Sony just has one server for all their consoles. You can tell that Nintendo just isn't as experienced at this sort of thing, considering how they separated the different shops (even within the Wii U, games bought on Wii shop are kept separate), and are given some sort of "cute" factor.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Okay, the Samus is trans joke was funny for a day but people really need to shut the fuck up about it now.

I even checked out Literally Wu's twitter and it seems super obvious to me that she did that just to piss people off.

Daxdiv

"The Samus is Trans" debate reminds me of that comic where these 2 people are on 4chan and they get into some argument. The one where the guy decided to troll a board, then this other poster goes along with it and debates with him to piss people off as well. Then those 2 debate each other for a few replies, then it shows them raging at their keyboards at the end. I don't even wanna know why people decide to take Wu seriously at any point in time. She just feels like this over glorified troll that manifested out of nowhere.

This video sums up my entire thoughts of anything Wu has to say or do.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on September 05, 2015, 06:54:32 PM
Okay, the Samus is trans joke was funny for a day but people really need to shut the fuck up about it now.

I even checked out Literally Wu's twitter and it seems super obvious to me that she did that just to piss people off.

I think she genuinely believes Samus was trans. One throwaway comment in a manual by some storyboard artist and it must be true, regardless of what the creator himself says.  :srs:

You should see what her co-author of her piece put on Twitter. A nice river of salt.   :lol:

Foggle

Eh, if people want to have trans headcanons for their favorite characters, that's their business. That said, the argument over Samus is not only dumb, but also pretty transphobic in and of itself. I haven't kept up with the latest articles because I simply don't care enough, but I remember people using "she looks too strong to be a *real* woman!" as a genuine reason.

Daxdiv

I'm not against headcanons, I'm against people spreading their headcanons and thinking that their headcanons carry more weight than the people that work on the piece of media. I mean it's cool that you have this theory and shit, but it's just a theory that has no confirmation. Please stop saying that it's official because you said so. This is probably one of the reasons as to why I'm not a big fan of things like "Game Theory" where it does feel like the dude thinks he knows more than the people that developed the games he analyzes & does feel like he just came up with the topics out of nowhere.

Though I did get a laugh out of this wiki war!

Foggle

Quote from: Daxdiv on September 06, 2015, 06:14:53 AM
I'm not against headcanons, I'm against people spreading their headcanons and thinking that their headcanons carry more weight than the people that work on the piece of media. I mean it's cool that you have this theory and shit, but it's just a theory that has no confirmation. Please stop saying that it's official because you said so. This is probably one of the reasons as to why I'm not a big fan of things like "Game Theory" where it does feel like the dude thinks he knows more than the people that developed the games he analyzes & does feel like he just came up with the topics out of nowhere.
I totally agree. People can believe headcanons all they want, but they don't serve any purpose in discussions or critiques. This becomes obvious as soon as people try to start stating them as fact; the arguments I've seen for Samus being transgender are not only incredible stretches of the imagination, but also fairly offensive themselves.