Fighting Games

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 22, 2017, 12:29:17 PM
It also means characters like Hit, Zamasu/Black, and other Super characters have a high chance of inclusion. More characters that aren't just different version SS reskins are always a plus.
Good point.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Ugh, looks like 17 is an assist character to 18, which sucks since 17 is an infinitely better character than 18. Especially 18 in Super, who's a dick to Krillin.

Mustang

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on August 22, 2017, 04:42:56 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 22, 2017, 04:21:37 PMIt is possible there'll be a version of 17 with 18 as an assist, too. We just don't know yet. With a potential roster of near 35 characters I'd say anything is possible.

I could see that as DLC, but for now ASW did specify that only 18 specifically would be playable.

Looking at the Collector's Edition box, that Goku statue looks pretty damn cool, but nothing else in that set looks all that interesting, and at $140 it's way too overpriced. I probably will still pre-order the regular game though for the bonus content. Just please don't plague this thing with micro-transactions for things like alternate costumes and new stages.

One thing we usually shouldn't have to worry about when it comes to ASW would be costumes (usually get a boat load of color swaps and call it a day), but I swear, if they waste time going the costume route that might push me over the edge to quit fighting games altogether.

With that being said, here I am slowly anticipating MvCI, but am not going to pull the trigger on it just yet.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Rynnec

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I signed up a few days ago. I doubt that I'll get a chance to participate in it, but it's worth a shot.

But, yeah, this is one of my dream games coming to life right here. This is easily one of the most interesting upcoming games coming out next year at a time when there's little else coming out in the market that seems worth my time.

Spark Of Spirit

This game just looks better every time I see it. Really eager to see the Mystic/Ultimate Gohan reveal when it happens.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mustang

In the meantime

SSJB footage

I know some folks are saying that it would've been better if they were transformations. I get the argument (both sides), but it don't matter to me. At this point I'm more curious about what newer characters will be in.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Spark Of Spirit

They have completely different movesets, so I'm fine with them. If we had about five different Goku variants with slightly different moves to take up character slots it would be irritating.

Personally I would prefer Kid Goku, but that's just me.  ;)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

This is the first game I've been excited about in a while. Hell, it might turn out to be the first fighting game I'll actually try to master rather than just playing casually. This is everything I've ever wanted from a DBZ fighting game in terms of style and game feel.

I'm hoping they add in a few pre-Z characters. I'd really love for Master Roshi and Tao Pai Pai to be included.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'd say that Roshi has a good shot of making into the game given his more involved status in DBZROF and Super.

Unfortunately, classic DB isn't as popular among the fan-base so a lot of fun and memorable characters will likely not make it into the game since they want to include the most marketable roster. That said, it'd still be great to see one or two classic characters included against all odds.

I'd also like to see Mr. Satan be playable as the Dan Hibiki of this game, but from what I can gather ASW isn't really known for including joke characters so his inclusion isn't very likely.

LumRanmaYasha

As unlikely as it is, they said they're willing to touch characters from any part of the franchise, so I'm holding out hope for some OGs. At the very least we should get Kid Goku and Master Roshi in there because their movesets would be really unique. Arale would be fun too, but she'd probably be a DLC if she's put in at all.

Mr. Satan is a popular character who has been playable in most DB fighting games, so even though ASW doesn't have a track record of including joke characters I still wouldn't be surprised if he's included. He's probably more likely than most pre-Z DB characters at any rate.

Mustang

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on August 26, 2017, 10:57:16 AM
I'd also like to see Mr. Satan be playable as the Dan Hibiki of this game, but from what I can gather ASW isn't really known for including joke characters so his inclusion isn't very likely.

NOOOOO. I wanna choke you for saying him lol. I want to agree with you on joke characters but then I look at Faust in Guilty Gear. He's a beast, but his moveset is a joke.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Spark Of Spirit

From interviews it doesn't appear that joke characters are too likely. I wouldn't totally rule him out, but I don't have confidence we'll be seeing him.

They also said they were including characters from every part of the franchise (apparently including Super and possibly GT) so I hope there is a chance for original DB characters. Master Roshi would probably have most of his moveset from there (including a Jackie Chun costume as well) anyway. Kid Goku would be the most likely inclusion from that part of the franchise. Tao Pai Pai and King Piccolo would be the only other characters I could see making it in. Most of the memorable fighters from DB are in the DBZ half, too.

Markness

I haven't played SF V for a good while now but the new upcoming DLC character Menat looks cool. I'll give her a shot when I get the chance.

gunswordfist