Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

Mom's doing a LOT better today. She's way more alert than she's been in a bit. She even talked to me on the phone for a second before I went to visit this morning, and she was also using her own phone pretty well when I visited her again a bit ago. Just hope she gets into her own room soon.

Avaitor

It's good to hear that!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Here's hoping she's better soon!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Mom is doing great still. She was coherent even on the pain medication they gave her. Plus her memory has improved. Hopefully, she'll get moved out of the ICU soon.

Unfortunately, my little brother has slipped into a depressive funk lately. He was in bed literally all day from at least part of last night until 5:00 PM today. My aunt and uncle came by and had to talk to him to snap him out of it. I just got back with our dad, and he shut down again. Dad got him to move around for a moment, but he doesn't want to eat anything. And no, this isn't just because of Mom either. He recently quit a job he was working for two years that a friend of his helped him get.

He's mentioned about wanting to get back into college at some point, but he doesn't know what he wants to do with his life. I just want him to get a grip and perk up already. We don't need another crisis right now.

GaryPotter

So I was browsing /co/ yesterday and I had a colorful exchange with Josh.

He's so pitiful it's hilarious. Really.   :awesome:

Avaitor

I still remember the shitstorm you guys gave him when he had his circumcision a few years ago.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

GaryPotter

Well, I didn't have anything to do with that.

In this case, he was in a thread spamming jokes from random shows, thinking he was being hilarious. He was anonymous, but he gave himself away by using an image containing his TZ avatar. I called him by his name. He acts like he doesn't know what I'm talking about. So I make reference to his furfaggotry and how he threatened to copyright his shitty fanfiction, at which point he made a fairly lame excuse and declared he was leaving the thread.

His problem is he lets his Internet autism get the better of him every single time. Everything is either trying too hard to act cool, or getting angry and crying. I mean, geez.

Avaitor

Josh is a nice guy, but lets his emotions take too much of a presence when he shouldn't.

And sadly, there are too many stories we can pull out where this is true.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Josh is old prey by this point. There are juicier targets to watch and provoke.

Avaitor

Yes, like chdr. Affirmative action and all.

New blog!

talonmalon333

I must be one of the only people here who never used TZ. Should I take that as a good thing?

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: talonmalon333 on April 27, 2013, 04:02:31 PM
I must be one of the only people here who never used TZ. Should I take that as a good thing?
Probably.

Quote from: Avaitor on April 27, 2013, 01:28:08 PM
Yes, like chdr. Affirmative action and all.
And how he thinks Michael Bay is a good director.

Goldstar

Quote from: talonmalon333 on April 27, 2013, 04:02:31 PM

Perhaps, and perhaps not.

However, if you ever decide to join TZ, the experience will go a lot better if you don't come in there acting like an arrogant ass who feels the need to put down and chide everyone around him, like I did before I gave myself an attitude adjustment and decided to try to become a better person online. It took me this long to realize that the best way to make a site like TZ work is to apply the same logic that I used when I was in job training: don't give the higher-ups anything that they can use against you.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Nel_Annette

The post I made just got eaten by a loss of internet when I hit "post". Shit.

Anyway, to shorten what I originally wanted to post, I like this place more. A bit more lax, I can joke around for a post or two while still discussing something. TZ has this air about it where many people can't take or get a joke and get mad if you even get slightly off topic. Unless it's the Adult Swim/Toonami board, where the talkbacks seem to simply be a game of out-joking each other. There's a lot more I could say, but I know some of you guys don't want AR being used for that kind of bitching and it's hardly worth the anger anymore.

Though the feeling did seem mutual with some other people in the Cafe board a few days ago, when someone was actually getting into how much lower TZ's quality has gotten before the mods told him to can it.

GaryPotter

You're talking about what Matt Hazuda said, right? He's been there since the very beginning, so it probably bums him out the most.

TZ's problem, at its core, is that most of it's members are autistic or somewhat mentally retarded. They can't take a joke, because they don't understand it's a joke, because they hate being made fun of. As a result, you can't make fun of ANYTHING or ANYONE. Not weaboos. Not furries. Not bronies. Not fanboys. No fun allowed. As a result, most of the intelligent folks have given up and left.

I agree, however, that there's little point in complaining. The site is running off it's own fumes at this point, and eventually the clique of thirty-somethings who run things will break up.