Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Good luck getting into whichever Universities you guys choose to pursue. College-level classes can be a bitch (or incredibly easy if you happen to be taking some BS electives to boost your GPA like I did), but it's worth the struggle if you have any kind of goal in mind.

My problem is, now that I'm just about done with college, I need to get work within 6 months from my graduation, since that's how long my grace period lasts before I have to start coughing up the dough for my student loans.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 28, 2014, 07:04:12 PM
Congrats on that, since you seemed to work so hard for it. Here's hoping you find employment sooner than later.  :)

Thanks! :thumbup:

The Shadow Gentleman

Speaking of collage, tonight was the first time this semestar I wan't able to turn in all my work om time. It's not something I should really get that upset about, since I have a good enough grade in the class for it to not hurt me all that much, but I'm still kind of mad at myself for procrastinating to the last minute.

On the upside, I'm almost done with a very major project and I'm doing well in all my classes, so there's that.

Kiddington

Yeah I'll be going back to school next fall as well. Just got turned down for yet another job yesterday (one that I'm MORE than qualified for), and I just can't do this retail crap anymore.

I'll be majoring in Communications. Even if I don't get my dream job (something in broadcasting), I think this'll still be good for me because it'll help me get better at talking to people, something I've always kinda..........not been the greatest at. If I can get public speaking down, I think can do anything at this point.  :awesome:

I just hope this isn't all for naught and I can actually FIND a job afterwards. If I'm still working in a grocery store with a degree, that'll really bring me down. I still got a few years though, so I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I still regret not going to college right after high school four years ago, but it is what it is and in the past now though.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Good luck to all the guys about to go into higher education. As a pretty-much-already-a-college grad I can tell you it's gonna be a wild ride but it's gonna be worth it.

That or you end up like me and watch too much Precure for your own good.

gunswordfist

After today or tomorrow, I won't be here for an undetermined amount of time. See you when I see you, guys.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Hope it works out for ya, man! Good luck.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Peanutbutter

I really wish I had been able to stay in college. I've only ever got to have three courses, one of which I failed, but I miss it. Because of my mom having to give up her job. My dad works two jobs and is the only income we have. We still get broke every other week.

I too have been trying to get a job ever since '08 when I lost my job at Blockbuster. I love my mom, and I hate what happened to her last year. I just want to get a job soon so that I can be able to help her even more.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

So today was my first day back to work since December. The golf club dinning room closes during the winter season (I'm not even totally sure why, if anything that's one of the better times for it to be open). Going into this day, I wasn't sure how I felt about going back, but I'd say I was glad to be back within 5 minutes of working again. I imagine I'll upgrade from busboy to waiter this year, which is when my pay will really increase, so we'll see how that goes and when.

Daxdiv

Had some fucker made some unauthorized payments using my credit card today. Logged into my account since I heard about some charges being made. One was made in Norway of all places (I've only traveled to other states, Canada and other Caribbean islands) and one made in Arizona. For some reason, the Norway one tried to go well over my credit limit, while the Arizona guy just went small, but that one was refunded by the hotel to begin with. Well, luckily I just called my credit card company, they asked me question if I OK'd them, said no, and they cancelled the card and is sending me a new one. Though I do guess the one purchase I made before it was OK, since they did ask for my last valid transaction.

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, credit fraud's always a bitch to negotiate. At least they're being immediate in helping you.

Daxdiv

They said they would be investigating it, but from what I've noticed around the web, it appears to have affected people that at least ordered from We Love Fine using a credit/debit card in the past couple of days. You know, that website that sells a lot of stuff with huge internet fan bases like My Little Pony, Bravest Warriors, Adventure Time, etc. To be fair, my last transaction on that card was from We Love Fine, I decided to order that Shagbark plush from Dota 2, since Shagbark is one of my favorite custom couriers in the game. Chances are, that probably had something to do with the Heartbleed thing I heard about yesterday. I did check my account later and they did give me a new number, so I guess I'm good for now.

LumRanmaYasha

Man, did I have a hell of an afternoon. Spent the day searching for my wallet, which I lost somehow. Really stressed me out, and wasted my time. I did end up inadvertently cleaning my dorm room in the process, though, so I suppose I could take that as a plus.  :sweat:

Rosalinas Spare Wand

My niece was listening to "In Da Club" today and I told her about how popular that song was when I was in middle school.

Then I realized I am old enough to tell kids about things that were popular in my day.

I'm so old.