Pixar! Their Films, Your Favorites, and More

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 09:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

I'm still waiting for Nemo Finds Himself, where the title character struggles with depression as he exits his teenage years and faces a painful existential crisis.

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on April 03, 2013, 04:26:15 PM
I'm still waiting for Nemo Finds Himself, where the title character struggles with depression as he exits his teenage years and faces a painful existential crisis.
Didn't the actor find himself doing the same thing in Weeds?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on April 03, 2013, 07:04:39 PM
Didn't the actor find himself doing the same thing in Weeds?

Daxdiv

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 03, 2013, 04:23:20 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on April 03, 2013, 02:19:50 PM
Didn't we consider "Finding Dory" as a joke title a while ago?
It's a common fanfic title, too. Just do a search.

There was even a Boom Kids! comic about it back when Boom had the Disney License that was about Finding Dory.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

talonmalon333

That idea would be better.

Avaitor

New blog!

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on April 09, 2013, 06:17:34 PM
More sequels, coming soon?

I feel like the only sequel that I really don't want is Toy Story 4. As for the idea of sequeling other Pixar movies, I mean, I don't support all of them. But I'm not exactly against them... Then again, I don't think any of us want to see those cars in action ever again.

Still, The Incredibles 2 should happen, if they're planning on more sequels.

Spark Of Spirit

The Incredibles 2 is the only one I would be interested in a sequel for.

But as long as they never sequel Up or WALL*E, I'll be fine.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I still haven't seen all of Brave, but I don't think a sequel for it is a really awful idea.

Yet, I also don't think that there is a lot of interest in there being one. It wasn't that popular.

New blog!

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on April 09, 2013, 08:33:53 PM
I still haven't seen all of Brave, but I don't think a sequel for it is a really awful idea.

Yet, I also don't think that there is a lot of interest in there being one. It wasn't that popular.

What about the original Cars? :P

Goldstar

I'd only want to see an Incredibles 2 if the film has a script that's as kick-ass as the first movie. If the only idea for a sequel is some lame gimmick like super pets or super grandparents, then I'd rather the film stay a glorious one-shot.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on April 09, 2013, 08:36:17 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on April 09, 2013, 08:33:53 PM

What about the original Cars? :P
Well kids love it, so that made sense. Even if it wasn't as big box-office hit as Finding Nemo or the Toy Storys, they made more than enough in toys and DVD sales to justify the sequel.

Brave was far from a bomb, but it wasn't one of Pixar's biggest hits, nor does it have as much of a following as most of their films, which is why the news surprised me a little.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

So there's been a bit of controversy over Merida being made into a Disney Princess due to a redesign, and the original director Brenda Chapman is peeved. Personally, I think the only problem was taking her bow away. Other than that, there's nothing wrong. The character looks exactly the same, her waist isn't an hourglass figure the way moms are reacting.

Still, I can't help but feel a little sorry the director. While I ended up enjoying Brave (and my mom likes it), it was still basically stolen from her and it wasn't what she had in mind. I wonder how different it would have been if she hadn't been dropped.

Avaitor

From what I hear, the other director just added in more of the gross-out humor with the brothers, as well as some other gags. The core story with Merida and her mother was more or less the same as Chapman intended.

New blog!