6. Monsters Inc.
7. Toy Story 2
8. Brave
9. Finding Nemo
10. Ratatouille
11. A Bug's Life
12. Cars
13. Cars 2

A recent rewatch of Monster's Inc. put it above Toy Story 2 for me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

I haven't seen Up, Cars 2, or Brave yet, but of the ten I have seen...

1. Toy Story 2
2. Toy Story 3
3. Toy Story
4. WALL-E
5. The Incredibles
6. Monsters Inc.
7. Finding Nemo
8. A Bug's Life
9. Ratatouile
10. Cars

Avaitor

MU is up to 78%. An improvement, but I am still surprised that we got negative reviews so early.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

People tired of the sequels?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

It does seem like there's more momentum for Despicable Me 2, doesn't it?

Oh, but MU is up to 80% now, but the general consensus seems to be that it's merely good, not great. Which hey, I'll take.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

To be honest, I'm kinda just craving a good fun movie right now. Monsters University seems like the kind of film that will satiate that craving.

talonmalon333

I wasn't expecting it to be top tier animation. But hey, it's still Pixar either way.

Daikun

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 15, 2013, 12:41:18 AMI wasn't expecting it to be top tier animation. But hey, it's still Pixar either way.

You're not expecting good animation from Pixar? ???

talonmalon333

Quote from: Daikun on June 21, 2013, 08:43:34 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 15, 2013, 12:41:18 AMI wasn't expecting it to be top tier animation. But hey, it's still Pixar either way.

You're not expecting good animation from Pixar? ???

"Top tier" (as in, some of the best ever) isn't the same as merely "good". :imnothappy:

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 13, 2013, 06:59:02 PM
People tired of the sequels?

Eh, Brave was a standalone film and that didn't exactly strike a chord with most people. Pixar just... seems to be on the downswing. You can't stay on top of the mountain forever. We all kinda knew this was going to happen eventually.

With that said, I'll still be making time for MU next week. Lukewarm reviews or not, it still sounds like it's (mostly) worth watching. And I love these characters, so it'll be nice to see them in action again.

Avaitor

No filmography is perfect. If Hitchcock, Kurosawa, Kubrick, Truffaut, Wilder, Ozu, Ford, etc can make weaker films, than it's only a matter of time for Pixar to do the same.

And hell, it doesn't even sound like MU is a bad movie. I haven't seen any overly negative reviews yet, merely that it's a step down from their best.

New blog!

talonmalon333

Pixar already made a "bad movie" to call their own, two years ago. Maybe the rest of their films will be good. :P

LumRanmaYasha

I just saw Monsters University and you know what? It was a pretty good movie. Plenty funny and never dull. The only problem with it is that it's not wholly original; take away a couple of aspects of the setting and it's your standard college movie. That's not to say it isn't a really well done college movie, just that unlike Pixar's best works, which create worlds of their own and feel like unique experiences, Monsters University felt like a movie that in some respects I had seen before. Still, it's a good fun movie through and through, and I'd say it's definitely worth checking out.

Daikun

After the weak Cars 2 and the ho-hum Brave, I can safely say that Pixar has picked themselves back up.

MU was a great movie. I actually liked it more than Inc.

talonmalon333

I still think Brave was awesome.