Pixar! Their Films, Your Favorites, and More

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 09:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Daikun

Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 20, 2014, 06:29:41 PMNew Pixar sequels, eh?

Yippee...?

Eh, we're getting the only one that matters. Whatever.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Daikun on March 20, 2014, 07:15:44 PM

Yippee...?

The Incredibles? I suppose it's better than most other sequel ideas, but still, I'd rather they just go back to making 100% new ideas. The story of The Incredibles has already been told.

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 20, 2014, 07:17:05 PM

Yippee...?

The Incredibles? I suppose it's better than most other sequel ideas, but still, I'd rather they just go back to making 100% new ideas. The story of The Incredibles has already been told.
Are you fucking stupid?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 20, 2014, 07:39:44 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 20, 2014, 07:17:05 PM

Yippee...?

Are you fucking stupid?

How does me being against Pixar becoming a complete sequel pumping machine warrant an insult? :P

gunswordfist

I had to insult you for dismissing The Incredibles 2 like that. :lol: But seriously, it's clear that this is pretty much the only Pixar sequel we want. Everyone seems to be on board with what you said, excluding The Incredibles 2.

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 20, 2014, 07:57:53 PM
I had to insult you for dismissing The Incredibles 2 like that. :lol: But seriously, it's clear that this is pretty much the only Pixar sequel we want. Everyone seems to be on board with what you said, excluding The Incredibles 2.

I did say it's better than most Pixar sequel ideas. But I would still prefer having an original film in its place.

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 20, 2014, 08:06:53 PM

I did say it's better than most Pixar sequel ideas. But I would still prefer having an original film in its place.
So you think it would have been better if Pixar never made Toy Story 2 or 3?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I still need to watch both. (only seen some of 2, barely know what 3 is about)

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 20, 2014, 08:22:36 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 20, 2014, 08:06:53 PM

So you think it would have been better if Pixar never made Toy Story 2 or 3?

They came out in a time when sequels weren't happening left and right (Toy Story 3 was right before the sequel overload, also it was hinted at ten years prior). If The Incredibles 2 wasn't happening at a time when 3/4 of the original Pixar movies had confirmed sequels, I wouldn't mind as much.

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 20, 2014, 08:15:39 PM
Fuck that.
Nah. I'm excited for the potential of The Incredibles 2, but I'm tired of Pixar overusing sequels.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Well, personally, I'm not going to let the fact that Finding Dory and Cars 3 exist hamper my enjoyment for the one sequel I actually want.

It's not fair to Brad Bird or the people not involved in those decisions.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on March 20, 2014, 08:33:42 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on March 20, 2014, 08:15:39 PM
Fuck that.
Nah. I'm excited for the potential of The Incredibles 2, but I'm tired of Pixar overusing sequels.
I'm specifically referring to The Incredibles 2 being replaced, not Pixar overusing sequels. I've waited too damn long for this. >:(
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 20, 2014, 08:36:01 PM
Well, personally, I'm not going to let the fact that Finding Dory and Cars 3 exist hamper my enjoyment for the one sequel I actually want.

It's not fair to Brad Bird or the people not involved in those decisions.
And this.

talonmalon333

At the very least, I'm surprised they only announced this now. You'd think they would've done it earlier due to all the superhero movies being released and doing well these days.