Pixar! Their Films, Your Favorites, and More

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 09:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha

That's not so much a rumor as the writer positing a "perhaps they will do this..." scenario.

Spark Of Spirit

I would be a bit more leery if I saw an interview with Jason Lee saying he's coming back. I liked him in the first, but bringing him back would bring a tone I'm not sure I want.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daikun on March 30, 2014, 07:08:55 PM
Frozone is back in Incredibles 2!

And then there's this rumor... :whuh:
Meh, more like a theory. I stopped reading after that part.

Anyway, I'm glad Frozone is returning. I loved watching his powers display at the end of the movie.
Quote from: Cartoon X on March 30, 2014, 07:12:05 PM
That's not so much a rumor as the writer positing a "perhaps they will do this..." scenario.
And this.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

It wouldn't be the same without Frozone. In fact, part of me is actually hoping for a prequel movie with Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, and Frozone before the super hero embargo. But if they have a better idea for a sequel, I'm down.

Oh, speaking of Pixar, I was able to get Cars on Blu free from DMR, and my opinion mostly stays the same. I think the message is nice enough for kids, but wow, is it not that appealing for anyone much older. Maybe if I was a little younger, I would've enjoyed it more, but I'm glad that I didn't have to pay for a copy.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on March 30, 2014, 09:21:08 PM
It wouldn't be the same without Frozone. In fact, part of me is actually hoping for a prequel movie with Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, and Frozone before the super hero embargo.
Hopefully they wouldn't add any "new" heroes considering the implications in the first movie as to what happened to them.

I'm sure they could make it work but I'm betting on them making a sequel with more heroes instead. I think the "family of superheroes" is a big appeal of the original.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

The Incredibles biggest problem is all 4 family members barely fight alongside each other. It was right before Syndrome caught them and the fight at the end and that was literally it.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 31, 2014, 06:26:39 PM
The Incredibles biggest problem is all 4 family members barely fight alongside each other. It was right before Syndrome caught them and the fight at the end and that was literally it.
Yeah, that and the battle against the giant robot. I want to see more scenes like those and you can't really get them if you make a movie before the kids were born.

So, I'm betting on the sequel featuring them as a group more.

gunswordfist

I'm sure they will be a full on superhero group now while making it clear that they are a family. My favorite scenario is Jack-Jack is about the same age as Dash was in the first and Dash and whatshername are non-annoying teenagers. While the parents are mostly the same.

Avaitor

Trouble a-brewin' for Pixar.

I don't see Finding Dory making its way into development hell. Whatever problems they're facing with it currently will be solved ASAP, as to not let one of their biggest properties lie dead. The Good Dinosaur though... I can see that go the way of Newt.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

It was already delayed once, so if the problems really are THAT bad, then it might get the axe. Shame, since it's an original and all.

gunswordfist

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 02, 2014, 06:29:21 PM
What's The Good Dinosaur's premise?

"The Good Dinosaur” asks the generations-old question: What if the cataclysmic asteroid that forever changed life on Earth actually missed the planet completely and giant dinosaurs never became extinct? The film is a humorous and exciting original story about Arlo, a lively 70-foot-tall teenage Apatosaurus with a big heart. After a traumatic event rattles Arlo’'s tranquil community, he sets out on a quest to restore peace, gaining an unlikely companion along the way - —a young human boy named Spot."

It's not the most unique premise, but I'm sure Pixar could've done some fun things with it and make a good film. Shame it might be canned now.  :-\

gunswordfist

I'm still adverse to animated dinosaur films after The Land Before Time and its 5 billion sequels bored me to death.

Avaitor

New blog!