Pixar! Their Films, Your Favorites, and More

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 09:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I believe Chalmers and Daxdiv do like both movies, actually.

The first isn't the worst thing ever, but I'm not really big on it. I'm still holding off on the sequel.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Me either, after what I heard about the movie. I thought the general consensus was that 1 was liked, 2 was shit. Maybe it is outside of this site.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Both seem to be unanimously considered the worst Pixar movies, regardless of whether or not people actually like them.

gunswordfist

Commode

I like Cars, not so much Cars 2, though I guess it's not bad.  There's plenty of worse children's movies, even in the last decade, than either of them.

Not sure where I would put Cars in a ranking, probably above Bug's Life and Finding Nemo though.  Even though I hear Brave isn't too good I've still never seen it.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

gunswordfist

Whoa whoa, I'd never put Cars ahead of Finding Nemo. :wth:
Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 20, 2015, 01:31:03 PM
Both seem to be unanimously considered the worst Pixar movies, regardless of whether or not people actually like them.
I mean, I'm sure people who like Cars probably hate a few other Pixar movies.

gunswordfist

Also, I still need to watch A Bug's Life. That feel has always seemed interesting to me.

Kiddington

Cars was a decent, generally enjoyable movie for me. I liked it quite a bit actually. Cars 2? Ehhhhh.....no thanks.

I don't mind Brave, it's not a bad movie at all as far as I'm concerned, and Monsters U was pretty good as well. Frankly, Cars 2 was the only true stinker of the lot; while some of the recent additions were considerably mediocre by Pixar's lofty standards, we'd probably be calling these home runs if they came out of Dreamworks camp (except Cars 2, that was just bad).

.....anyway I can't wait to see Inside Out. Although, it's funny when I look back on it now; wasn't everybody really worried about this movie a year or so ago? I seem to recall reception to it being decidedly mixed over the first couple teasers/trailers.

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 20, 2015, 04:58:49 PM
Whoa whoa, I'd never put Cars ahead of Finding Nemo. :wth:
Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 20, 2015, 01:31:03 PM
I mean, I'm sure people who like Cars probably hate a few other Pixar movies.

I didn't mean literally everyone considers Cars the worst. So I still don't know what you were confused about. :P

Inside Out might be Pixar's best movie after the Toy Story trilogy and Up, and maybe WALL-E. It's certainly the most relatable one.

Avaitor

There are people who consider A Bug's Life Pixar's worst.

Their most superfluous, maybe. But I still rather enjoy it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

It looks like a lot of fun to me. If it's half as good as I think it is then Pixar's portfolio is a lot stronger than a lot of people claim it is.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on June 21, 2015, 12:51:34 AM
There are people who consider A Bug's Life Pixar's worst.

Their most superfluous, maybe. But I still rather enjoy it.

To me, it almost seems like many people just don't remember that movie, rather than disliking it.

I do like it, too. It's not great or anything. But it's good. I like every Pixar movie other than the Cars franchise.

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 21, 2015, 01:43:04 AM
It looks like a lot of fun to me. If it's half as good as I think it is then Pixar's portfolio is a lot stronger than a lot of people claim it is.

I thought pretty much everyone considered Pixar one of the greatest animated film studios.

gunswordfist

From what I hear, it seems like a lot of people think Pixar has a few duds, despite how great they are.

Avaitor

No one, at least no one who has ran for as long as Pixar has, holds a perfect track record.

New blog!