Pixar! Their Films, Your Favorites, and More

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 09:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Pixar's track record is excellent considering how long they've been around. If people dog them at times, it might only be because they want them to live up to what they do best. I don't think Cars 2 is what they do best.

Quote from: Avaitor on June 21, 2015, 12:51:34 AM
There are people who consider A Bug's Life Pixar's worst.

Their most superfluous, maybe. But I still rather enjoy it.
The argument I've seen is that there may only be kids who think Cars (or Cars 2) are their best movies, but almost no one thinks A Bug's Life is the best Pixar movie.

Now, of course, I can't answer to that, but I have never met anyone who considers it their best movie.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I don't think there is anyone who likes A Bug's Life best, either.

It wouldn't make my top 5, but I do like it more than a couple of their "bigger" films, at least.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Inside Out is Pixar's best original opening.

Now this news should unseat sequel fever, but I expect them to double down for no reason. Because you see, it wasn't #1! Let's ignore common sense and see that they were up against Jurassic World AND STILL MANAGED THEIR BIGGEST OPENING EVER (outside of Toy Story 3), but it isn't enough to stop cranking out sequels nobody wanted outside of the Incredibles.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Inside Out was a fun flick. Really enjoyed the character dynamics with Sadness and Joy, well them and Bing Bong. I think I understand how the memory cores works & how the main plot point happened.

Quote from: Avaitor on June 22, 2015, 03:05:43 PM
I don't think there is anyone who likes A Bug's Life best, either.

It wouldn't make my top 5, but I do like it more than a couple of their "bigger" films, at least.

A Bug's Life is low my list of favorite Pixar flicks. In fact, most people I talk to do have it above both Cars flicks, maybe Brave as well. I never really prodded about that kinda stuff.

Avaitor

Spoiler
This movie gave me more feels for an imaginary friend than Foster's ever could.
[close]
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

Quote from: Avaitor on June 22, 2015, 10:37:02 PM
Spoiler
This movie gave me more feels for an imaginary friend than Foster's ever could.
[close]

Spoiler
RIP Bing Bong! They say Richard Kind cried when he recorded "Take her to the Moon for me, OK?" line.
[close]

talonmalon333

The only area where Pixar has somewhat faltered is that they've started to rely a bit too much on sequels. In that sense, Inside Out is something very special.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, 2015 is not only the first year with two Pixar movies, they're also both originals.

I hope they both do well so we can hopefully get less sequels in the future.

Spark Of Spirit

I finally got to see Inside Out and I thought it was incredible. The film deserves every bit of accolade and success it gets for absolutely nailing the concept and story in the process. Pete Docter knocks another one out of the park.

I'd have to see it again, but it definitely will rank near the top of any Pixar list I make.

The Shadow Gentleman

I'm going to chime in and say that Inside Out is awesome and you should see it right now.

Daxdiv

On a side note, what did you guys think of the short "Lava" anyway. I thought it was cute for one.

LumRanmaYasha

I...was not a fan. It was based around a pretty bad pun, and the singing and story were just too corny for my taste. The visual effects and animation were great though. If there was no singing or music, I'd probably had liked it much better. 

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, it was cute. Simplistic and not a lot to it, but it was animated pretty well. Not one of my favorites, honestly, but it was a fine little short.

The Blue Umbrella, La Luna, Day & Night, Presto, For the Birds, and Geri's Game, are still my favorites overall.

Spark Of Spirit