What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Whoa, after a little bit over a month, I'm completely finished with Oniken. That game is not forgiving and most enemies are a pain in the ass.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

I kind of feel like downloading the original Paper Mario from the VC and playing it all the way through right now.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

gunswordfist

Where should I start on the Ys games available on Steam?

Foggle

Ys 1 if you're okay with the super old-school "bump 'n run" gameplay, Oath in Felghana if you prefer the more typical modern Ys experience, or Origin if you want to play the games in chronological order.

Spark Of Spirit

Felghana will hook you right in. IMO, one of the best games ever.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on November 27, 2015, 03:31:07 PM
Ys 1 if you're okay with the super old-school "bump 'n run" gameplay, Oath in Felghana if you prefer the more typical modern Ys experience, or Origin if you want to play the games in chronological order.
No thank you, I don't one night stand video games. :> That tells me to not get Ys 1. I didn't like the "Come here and run into thee sword!" gameplay of the only Ys I've ever played. Based off of what you two said, sounds like I'll consider purchasing Ys Origin and then Oath in Felghana. :) ;D

gunswordfist

gunswordfist

Yesterday morning, I beat Noitu Love 2. I was stuck on the water level until early that morning and then once I passed that, I jetted past all the levels until the last boss started whooping my ass. Either I suck at mouse games or NL2's just isn't for me. It was kind of painful trying to use the cursor on some parts. I still had some fun though an some of the bosses were pretty creative. Also, this boss music is in-cred-ible! Especially this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eN1hZ3UNxw

gunswordfist

I downloaded and started my copy of Freedom Planet today. Pretty nice voice acting cutscenes to start the game. The game looks a bit Flash-y but beyond that, it has a decent Genesis feel to it. I started with Carol and just got past level 1. I'm still getting used to the gameplay but so it's a pretty good Sonic-like.

gunswordfist

I am on Level 9 of Freedom Planet as Carol. The game has some rough edges but it's pretty fun. Having to fight a fucking intergalactic spaceship on foot was about as hard as it sounds at first but I finally got past level 8. I'm guessing Carol is supposed to be the Knuckles of the team and (unlike 2D Knuckles) is one of the slower members. There's at least 2 other playable characters and I'm interested in seeing how different they play and if they have any/all different levels once I finally beat Carol's Story Mode.

Avaitor

What should I play when I get the chance- Paper Mario, A Link to the Past, or Chrono Trigger?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

A Link to the Past. It's the shortest, but also my favorite of the three.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Got Splatoon for Christmas and about 3 tutorial levels in I still suck balls.

Avaitor

I went with ALTTP after all, and started it up a couple of hours ago. At first, I was laughing about how weak the AI  for the guards are for the game. There have been a couple of moments where I could literally just walk by them without a fight.

But I won't lie, I spent about an hour just traveling through the village For whatever doesn't hold up about this game, the world-building sure does. And the story is off to a good start, as well.

New blog!