What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 08, 2016, 08:01:34 PM
What, completely different? I thought the PS2/Xbox version just had an extra spy vs spy mode
The Xbox 360/PC version of DA is a completely different game from the PS2/Xbox version, with the latter generally being considered far superior.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So it looks like that makes SEVEN Splinter Cell games that I'll eventually have to play now.

Well, hopefully the original XBOX version of Double Agent isn't too hard to find. I've found that with other early Generation Seven games that were released for both G6 and G7 consoles, the G6 versions are either too hard to find or are inexplicably much more expensive than the G7 versions. Hopefully I won't have that problem hunting down the XBOX version of Double Agent when the time comes for me to get around to that game.

Avaitor

Hey EK, guess which game I finally found a copy of?

I'll say this- I brought my X-Box over from home so I can finally go through it here.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on July 09, 2016, 08:19:14 AMHey EK, guess which game I finally found a copy of?

I'll say this- I brought my X-Box over from home so I can finally go through it here.

Does it by any chance rhyme with Ninja Raiden's Sack? :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake:

I'll say the same thing that I said to Talon before he up and disappeared from the forums: the game is not as tough as people make it out to be. It just has a steeper learning curve than the average game. Just have fun with it! :joy:

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on July 09, 2016, 09:26:08 AM
I'll say the same thing that I said to Talon before he up and disappeared from the forums: the game is not as tough as people make it out to be. It just has a steeper learning curve than the average game. Just have fun with it! :joy:
Oh no, what if the game is cursed? Maybe that's why he disappeared! And Avaitor will be next...

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on July 09, 2016, 10:12:06 AM
Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on July 09, 2016, 09:26:08 AM
Oh no, what if the game is cursed? Maybe that's why he disappeared! And Avaitor will be next...

That's Sigma that you're thinking of. Had Talon gone for the superior XBOX version, he'd still be with us. Clearly Avaitor is much smarter. :sly:

Avaitor

It looks like there's something up with the controller that I brought, since part of the port is missing. :sweat:

So I'll have to hold off on playing NGB until I can find my other controller or the port the next time I go home, which is luckily going to be in a few days. I'm also going to look harder for my copy of Halo: CE, since I really want to play it again. I also brought my copies of Jade Empire and Prince of Persia: TSOT. I thought about KOTOR or San Andreas, but I might save those for when I have more time.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on July 09, 2016, 10:12:43 PM
That's Sigma that you're thinking of. Had Talon gone for the superior XBOX version, he'd still be with us. Clearly Avaitor is much smarter. :sly:
Speaking of which, I finally picked up a disc copy of Black a couple weeks ago, so now I can play the superior version again without using up the majority of my 360's HDD on a single game!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on July 10, 2016, 01:31:05 AMSpeaking of which, I finally picked up a disc copy of Black a couple weeks ago, so now I can play the superior version again without using up the majority of my 360's HDD on a single game!

Sweet! Now you just need to beat the game on Master Ninja mode! :humhumhum:

Quote from: Avaitor on July 09, 2016, 10:33:55 PMIt looks like there's something up with the controller that I brought, since part of the port is missing. :sweat:

So I'll have to hold off on playing NGB until I can find my other controller or the port the next time I go home, which is luckily going to be in a few days. I'm also going to look harder for my copy of Halo: CE, since I really want to play it again. I also brought my copies of Jade Empire and Prince of Persia: TSOT. I thought about KOTOR or San Andreas, but I might save those for when I have more time

As far as Halo: Combat Evolved goes, you could always get the PC version. Any half-way decent, relatively modern PC should be able to run it at 60 FPS with ease, and I know that it can run on at least any OS up to Windows 8 very smoothly, though I'll have to do some research to see if it's compatible with Windows 10, which is relatively new.

The other reason to get the PC version is for the ability to download the free SPV3 mod, which is a completely remixed version of the campaign mode with weapons, enemies, and vehicles from every game in the series up to Reach incorporated into it. It looks freaking amazing and is the main reason that I now want to own the PC version of the game.

Mustang

Beat Dragonball Xenoverse. My frustration with this game is at an all time high at the moment. I was trying to farm for skills and while I do like this method of farming it becomes rage inducing when you go through so much to get that A-Z rank and end it with an ultimate finish only to get nothing in return. I'm was aiming to get Android 17's ultimate attack and to get nothing or 17/18's clothes is BS for all that hard work. So I just said screw it and just finished the game. I'll get back to finishing up the parallel quests some day, but for now I need to back away from that game and cool off.

I'll probably start an Uncharted run some time this week. (Oh dear God. One storm to another)
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Jamie, Juri
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Foggle

Looks like you can get a used Wii or 360 at GameStop right now for $30, or a used PS3 for $60. http://dealnews.com/Used-Microsoft-Xbox-360-or-Nintendo-Wii-for-30-after-rebate-pickup-at-Game-Stop/1729014.html

Pretty good deals for people who missed out on any of last gen's systems.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

HOLY SHIT! I totally need to hit that up as soon as I can! :o

Avaitor

Hmm, if NGB is backwards compatible for the 360, I may consider doing that.

What are some of the best games for the 360?

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on July 12, 2016, 12:46:45 AMHmm, if NGB is backwards compatible for the 360, I may consider doing that.

Yes it is. The only thing to keep in mind is that based on what I've heard, there may be some minor technical glitches when playing it on the 360 and some slightly longer load times. I've heard other people report that before, but nobody ever mentioned anything game-breaking when playing it B/C on the 360, so you should be good playing it there, especially since you have the disc version. I actually downloaded the XBL version a few years ago, but that kept freezing up on me at odd times, and I've heard that when using the disc version of the game, you shouldn't encounter those problems, so you're pretty much good to go. :thumbup:

QuoteWhat are some of the best games for the 360?

Well, IMO (the ones that I strongly recommend are in bold):

Halo: Reach
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Halo 3 (Not as good as CE or Reach, IMO, but at only $5 at Gamestop you still get good value out of it)
Halo 3: ODST (same deal)
Alan Wake
Ninja Gaiden II (not as good as NGB, but still great stuff overall)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Devil May Cry HD Collection
Devil May Cry 4
Bayonetta
Vanquish
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Transformers: Devastation (I've only played a bit of it, but I loved what I played of it, and the general reception is fantastic)
Shadow Complex
Ultra Street Fighter IV
King of Fighters XIII
Mega Man 9
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 1 & 2
South Park: The Stick of Truth (though, if you're not really a fan of South Park, then you probably won't get much out of it)
Dark Souls (Still working my way through the game, but it's really good stuff so far)
F.E.A.R. (Unless you have a good enough PC to play that version of the game)
The Orange Box (Same deal as with F.E.A.R.)
BioShock 1 & 2 (Once again, same as above)

And if you want to play some ports of classic games, there's:
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Street Fighter III: Third Strike
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Banjoe Kazooie & Tooie
Streets of Rage Trilogy
Jet Set Radio & Future
Various Sonic games and Sega collection
Contra (Classic)

And way too many others to list.