What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

how richter controls is kind of a pain though. i see what spark means when he said few castlevanias have good jumping.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I can't download Azure Striker Gunvolt until tomorrow, but at least I have MMX3 to keep my company until then (same team and all) which leaves me without a doubt. Inti-Creates is one of the best action platformer devs out there. How they don't get more work is beyond me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

about a week or so ago, i started playing golden sun again after not touching the game for over 2 years. man, i forgot almost all the characters. lol i was on colosso and years ago, i gave the game a break because i couldn't beat the last guy and get all the items. i settled for getting most of them and won this time. today i got up to a certain 2 headed boss fight. the boss wasn't hard but took forever to kill. wish well and a handful of items was all i really needed to survive.

Spark Of Spirit

Azure Striker Gunvolt is great.

Inti Creates is back! It's not Mega Man Zero, but something totally new and a fresh spin on the action platformer.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

on that note, i also recently restarted mega man zero

gunswordfist

1:36 a.m., i beat golden sun. i should have known it would end there based off of what i heard. anyway, afterwards i got 22 wins in battle mode and then did what i always do after i beat an rpg - i looked up secrets. so i found out about crossbones island and i got there with an earlier file. after i get around to beating that part, i'll start 2.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 30, 2014, 10:44:19 AM
on that note, i also recently restarted mega man zero
I think that might have been my most played Mega Man game after the original X came out. It was so fresh and new, and so good, that I just kept going back for more.

gunswordfist

Avaitor

Man, I found a couple of older Nintendo Power magazines at a thrift store today, including their strategy guide for Ninja Gaiden II (! for Ek!).

They obviously knew what was up, since they were around $8-10 each, so I had to pass. Damn, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

RacattackForce

Downloaded Resident Evil: Revelations for 3DS the other day due to the Capcom sale, so having some fun with that. Close to 100% on Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, and I also have Bravely Default and Earthbound, both of which will probably become "weekend games" for me.

gunswordfist

Played and beat Metal Slug 3 tonight on Xbox Live. I think that's the first game that I played in its entirety online. On the desert stage, we went to a path a didn't even know about (with all the snails and bugs). And the last stage was as awesome as ever. Hopefully we can go through Metal Slug XX's Hard Mode tomorrow. I took too long and we were supposed to do it tonight.

Nel_Annette

Beat Tales Of Xillia 2 tonight. I'd put it on the same level as the first game, but not for the same reason. While Xillia had its flaws, Xillia 2 does some things better, but has a whole new set of its own problems that holds it back a bit as well.

gunswordfist

And we just beat Metal Slug XX. That was pretty fun. The difference in color between XX and 3 is really apparent when you play them back to back. Also, someone can play as Leona even if you don't download her yourself? I was like "What the hell" when he picked her.

Anyway, Metal Slug XX is good, I just wish it had the earlier games' transformations and monsters.

gunswordfist

i just beat metal slug 1 for the first time in about 10 years. i see how far the series has come now. there were no transformations, monsters, extra metal slugs or paths that i am aware of. basically a kind of crazy military themed shoot em up with a few big, zany hi-tech machines. definitely still good though. also, now i can safely put xx ahead of it. i thought this would be the one with levels clearly better than some of 3's but apparently that's all in 2, which i'll be playing next and haven't beat since around the last time i beat 1 (thanks, good era of gametap!)

gunswordfist

i beat metal slug 2 about an hour ago. it was fun but it honestly made me appreciate xx and 3 more. my metal slug list:

4. metal slug
3. metal slug 2
2. metal slug xx
1. metal slug 3