What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

I only own an LCD TV, and I have no problems playing my N64 and Dreamcast on it via Composite A/V cables. They look fine once I crank up the brightness, and I don't really notice any input lag.

Then again, I'm also the kind of person who doesn't notice/care about widescreen stretching on 4:3 games (except Max Payne 1 & 2... those look awful when stretched), so maybe I'm not the best person to listen to.

talonmalon333

Got an HD TV and it's all set up!

It's 32 inch (that's about the biggest I can fit in my room, and it was on sale).

Spark Of Spirit

Been replaying Shadow Wars on the 3DS at a higher difficulty. I'm still likely to believe this is the best launch game for the system.

Shame they never made a sequel.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Interestingly, PS1 games looked fine on my PS2. But on the PS3 they looked atrocious. Fortunately the system gives you the ability to smooth PS1 games out, which I think actually removes some of the textures, but it looks fine now.

N64 games look fine on my Wii (with composite cords), as did Wii games. I might need to pick up speakers. When I tried Super Mario Galaxy, it looked good, but the Good Egg Galaxy theme seemed held back.

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 21, 2015, 08:02:59 PM
Interestingly, PS1 games looked fine on my PS2. But on the PS3 they looked atrocious. Fortunately the system gives you the ability to smooth PS1 games out, which I think actually removes some of the textures, but it looks fine now.
Is your PS2 an older one? This could be because the fat PS2 actually has a PS1 chip built into it, while later models and PS3s only emulate PS1 games.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on January 21, 2015, 08:24:52 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 21, 2015, 08:02:59 PM
Is your PS2 an older one? This could be because the fat PS2 actually has a PS1 chip built into it, while later models and PS3s only emulate PS1 games.

I've actually got a slim PS2.

I should say that it wasn't entirely true when I claimed it looks "fine". I could definitely notice some graphical blemishes. It was just much more obvious on PS3.

Daxdiv

I played HuniePop and I regret nothing! It's basically Bejeweled with VN elements. Kind of wished they did more with the VN aspects, but I did hear the developer and the writer had a bit of a falling out, so I'm guessing why that aspect is lacking a little bit, aka, why we don't have routes and stuff. I'm sure I would have played it more for that.

Spark Of Spirit

Code Name STEAM demo is up on the eshop. Currently downloading.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

on golden sun the lost age, i beat the champa a few days and...i cannot figure out how to fix the ship. (don't tell me, i'll do it the hard way.) so i went back to madra, i think and they were attacked so i went back up the continent expecting to see the guys who robbed them. i was at least half thinking about trying to figure out how to get the psyenergy to move ropes and went to the temple i gave up on early on. ...i feel stupid for giving up on the first floor. i oneshotted most of the enemies and the bosses did 1 or 2 hp damage...it was so obvious that i should have been here earlier. they shouldn't have made this seem like an unimportant side mission though.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

The Code Name S.T.E.A.M. demo is so good. If you have a 3DS, you've just got to try it. It has stealth, tactics, Silver Age goodness, and John Henry lobbing Bear Grenades.

It's like they made this game specifically for me.

talonmalon333

So how exactly does moving Virtual Console games from your Wii onto a Wii U work? Like, does it cost any money? And how does the controller support work?

Foggle

You use a free file transfer program that can be downloaded from the Wii/Wii U eShop, then copy your files to and from a flash drive.

All Wii controllers work with the Wii U, but GameCube controller support requires both a separate adapter and some homebrew software. You can also use homebrew to enable GameCube game support.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on January 30, 2015, 03:28:34 PM
You use a free file transfer program that can be downloaded from the Wii/Wii U eShop, then copy your files to and from a flash drive.

All Wii controllers work with the Wii U, but GameCube controller support requires both a separate adapter and some homebrew software. You can also use homebrew to enable GameCube game support.

How about the Wii U Pro Controller. Does that work?

Nintendo really should set up GameCube games for the Wii U VC. But from the sound of things, they aren't going to do that.

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 30, 2015, 03:42:56 PM
No. You can only use Wii controllers to play Wii games. (And the GameCube controller with homebrew/adapter.)

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on January 30, 2015, 03:51:18 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 30, 2015, 03:42:56 PM
No. You can only use Wii controllers to play Wii games. (And the GameCube controller with homebrew/adapter.)

I'm just talking about Virtual Console games. Once you download them from the Wii to Wii U, can you not use any of the Wii U controllers? I figured you'd at least be able to play off-screen VC games on the tablet.