What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 30, 2015, 03:53:29 PM
I'm just talking about Virtual Console games. Once you download them from the Wii to Wii U, can you not use any of the Wii U controllers? I figured you'd at least be able to play off-screen VC games on the tablet.
Wii VC games are still Wii VC games, and are accessed through a separate Wii Menu on your Wii U. Wii U controllers can only be used to play VC games purchased from the Wii U eShop. It's a bit confusing, I know.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on January 30, 2015, 04:01:22 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 30, 2015, 03:53:29 PM
I'm just talking about Virtual Console games. Once you download them from the Wii to Wii U, can you not use any of the Wii U controllers? I figured you'd at least be able to play off-screen VC games on the tablet.
Wii VC games are still Wii VC games, and are accessed through a separate Wii Menu on your Wii U. Wii U controllers can only be used to play VC games purchased from the Wii U eShop. It's a bit confusing, I know.

That's weird. Is there any way to "upgrade" them to full on Wii U Virtual Console games?

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 30, 2015, 04:02:48 PM
That's weird. Is there any way to "upgrade" them to full on Wii U Virtual Console games?
I don't think so. But if there is, please let me know, because I'd like to do that!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on January 30, 2015, 04:17:06 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 30, 2015, 04:02:48 PM
I don't think so. But if there is, please let me know, because I'd like to do that!
There is, but only if the game has been re-released on the Wii U eshop. Typically it costs a dollar to upgrade VC games for Gamepad support, Miiverse, custom controls, and save states.

I was ducking this for a while by spending coins in Club Nintendo to get download codes for the Wii, then paying a dollar to upgrade them to the Wii U.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

On golden sun 2, i used tremor to get the large bread, gave it to that little kid and gained access to the alwhatsitsname cave, all without a guide.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 30, 2015, 04:27:26 PM
There is, but only if the game has been re-released on the Wii U eshop. Typically it costs a dollar to upgrade VC games for Gamepad support, Miiverse, custom controls, and save states.
For real? Wait, is that why I was able to buy Super Metroid Wii U for $1.50 yesterday? I never knew this was possible!

Speaking of which, where the heck is Zero Mission Wii U in the west? I NEED IT

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on January 30, 2015, 06:39:58 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 30, 2015, 04:27:26 PM
For real? Wait, is that why I was able to buy Super Metroid Wii U for $1.50 yesterday? I never knew this was possible!
Yes, that's exactly why. If you bought Wii VC games you get them discounted on the Wii U eshop.

But they have to have been released officially on the Wii U eshop. Which is why I've been waiting for more classic games to get released.

Quote from: Foggle on January 30, 2015, 06:39:58 PMSpeaking of which, where the heck is Zero Mission Wii U in the west? I NEED IT
No idea why it's taking so long, but it should hopefully be out sooner or later. Most of the obvious first party GBA games are out already.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Awww nooooo, I just wasted some of my Club Nintendo coins on the 3DS version of Zelda. I totally misread the labeling; wanted it for the Wii U! :(

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 30, 2015, 07:09:01 PM
No idea why it's taking so long, but it should hopefully be out sooner or later. Most of the obvious first party GBA games are out already.
It's especially weird in the case of Zero Mission, since I believe every other 2D Metroid was released on the NA VC first, while Prime Trilogy isn't even available in Japan!

Speaking of which, I also wish we could get the DKC trilogy on Wii U. I have the first one for the original Wii, but I sadly missed out on grabbing 2 and 3.

Foggle

wait mario advance 1-3 are on the wii u eshop

but not 4

mario advance 2 is literally mario world

which was already on the eshop

why

pls give me my all stars smb 3 nintendo

Spoiler
Sorry for not using capitalization or punctuation.
[close]

Nel_Annette

Yeah, I remember bitching about that back in 2013 when I bought my Wii U, and realized that the old Wii VC games couldn't be accessed from the Wii U VC. I mean, yeah, I can go into Wii mode, but it's still annoying. I like to have everything uniform and in one spot.

Spark Of Spirit

SMA4 will come. Considering how long they dragged out releasing 3 for the 3DS, they'll probably do it here, too.

I hope they put the GBA versions on the DKC games on there. I want GBA DKC3 on my Wii U.

Quote from: Nel_Annette on January 30, 2015, 08:20:12 PM
Yeah, I remember bitching about that back in 2013 when I bought my Wii U, and realized that the old Wii VC games couldn't be accessed from the Wii U VC. I mean, yeah, I can go into Wii mode, but it's still annoying. I like to have everything uniform and in one spot.
Well, all I can say is that hopefully the put more Wii VC games on the Wii U shop so I can get them on my Gamepad.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 30, 2015, 08:34:22 PM
SMA4 will come. Considering how long they dragged out releasing 3 for the 3DS, they'll probably do it here, too.

I hope they put the GBA versions on the DKC games on there. I want GBA DKC3 on my Wii U.
Kind of bizarre how they put SMA3 on there instead of the original Yoshi's Island. Not that I'm complaining; just a bit odd.

Once they get SMA4 and Zero Mission on there, I think I'll be more or less sated when it comes to GBA games (not that I would mind having more!). DKC3GBA would be nice as well, but they seriously need to get on with re-releasing 1-3 SNES in NA already.

Also, Talon, here's that GameCube-games-on-Wii-U thing: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927094

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on January 30, 2015, 08:54:30 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 30, 2015, 08:34:22 PM

Kind of bizarre how they put SMA3 on there instead of the original Yoshi's Island. Not that I'm complaining; just a bit odd.
It must have something to do with the Super FX chip. NONE of the SNES games that used it have ever been released on the VC.

Which is a shame because I would like to pay the SNES version of YI on the Gamepad.

Foggle

What are the differences between YI and SMA3, anyway? It's been so long since I played the GBA version that I can't recall.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on January 30, 2015, 09:08:12 PM
What are the differences between YI and SMA3, anyway? It's been so long since I played the GBA version that I can't recall.
The GBA version has bonus stages. The SNES version has better quality sound, graphics, and controls (four face buttons).

That's pretty much it. The bonus stages are really "play once and then never again" stages, so it's really a toss up which version you'd prefer.