What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

you fought deathevn?

on the 24th, in golden sun the lost age for the first time, one of my party members got ko'd...and then everybody so i received my first and so far only loss in the game. i suspected that serpent would be invincible.

then on the 27th, jenna got ko'd by watery grave.

even though the dungeons are way too long, it feels so good figuring out where to go and what to do all on my own. no guide here...well except where i pester those curse breaking priests and they give me a clue. lol oh and i've found possibly ever djinn i could so far, except for one fire one, according to the status menu. and i am just past the part where you can leave the eastern sea and went back to treasure isle.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

In Golden Sun The Lost Age, I was stomped on what to do. I left and returned to Jupiter Tower because I had no clue where to go or what to do and half the stuff there wasn't turned on. Right before I went to sleep last night after continuing to fail miserably, I throw a bit of a hissyfit...and what I did in the game during it was exactly what I had to do.  :D Squidward would be proud.

Kiddington

The amiibo usage in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse is ridiculously cheap, specifically from Kirby's figure. I'm glad this is the one we can actually all get (although I do have Meta Knight too, so whatevs), even if it does break open the game way more than it probably should.

What an obnoxiously adorable game by the way. I love it to death so far.

Avaitor

I had to come back home for the night, and since i don't have much to do here, I decided to finally go touch my VC copy of Majora's Mask... and holy shit, I still love this game. I have to head back to Orlando early tomorrow, but I'm not sleeping until I finish the first dungeon.

At least I'm coming back in a couple of days, so I might get to finish it then.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

I'm still of the opinion that MM is almost as good as, if not better than, OoT.

talonmalon333

My parents are going to Florida for a week and my brother and I have to bring them to the airport at 5:45 AM today. I got home fairly late tonight and thus decided to basically pull an all nighter. In that time I played Kirby Squeak Squad for the first time wondering if I could beat it. I made it about halfway. As is usual for Kirby, solid fun.

Avaitor

I actually had to stop a little earlier then I was planning to last night. I was in the part of the first dungeon where it gets really dark and you need a Deku stick to light up the flameless torches to go through, but my last stick died out on me before I could. I had already defeated all the enemies in there, so I had no choice but to call it quits.

I'll go back to it when I come back home. And I'll write a little more about the game after work and after I finish the outline for a certain post I'll be making soon.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

So I realized that, for using my SNES on my HDTV, I can use the AV cords for my GameCube and attach them to the SNES. However, I'm still not getting any picture. Spark, you're the expect on retro gaming here, so I'll assume you have a working SNES. If that's the case, what did you do to make yours work?

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Foggle

I'm pretty sure any console should display on any TV. It might look awful, but I've never heard of one straight up not working before. Are you sure there isn't a problem with your system, cable, ports, game, etc?

gunswordfist

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on March 09, 2015, 03:10:54 PM
I'm pretty sure any console should display on any TV. It might look awful, but I've never heard of one straight up not working before. Are you sure there isn't a problem with your system, cable, ports, game, etc?

I'm able to get the SNES working on my old TV in my room. But that's the thing... there are two TVs currently in my room. And the old one is in a bad place that takes up a lot of room. I'd like to get my old consoles to operate on my HD TV so I get rid of that old one. I did consider just leaving my old consoles boxed and getting their games on Virtual Console, but I'm not willing to buy these games again when I have the exact same games in their original cartridges.

The SNES works on my old TV using an old fashioned adapter. But that doesn't work on my new TV for some reason. So I tried to instead use the composite cable from my GameCube, but it doesn't work. And just to make sure it isn't a problem with the cords, I got my old GameCube to work fine using it. And I don't think it's a problem with the games because I tried more than one, and neither got me any luck.

I'm trying to think of other possible ways to overcome this. The GCN cables that I used came when I bought that console a long time ago (it looks like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/81/GameCube_AV_Cable.png). I was wondering if maybe that cable just doesn't work for the SNES and if I should get a new one. If you or anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

Commode

I use a CRT too, a 19".  But if you are trying to play it on a flat panel you can simply use the A/V cables that come with either it or the N64.  Your flat panel does have the red/yellow/white jacks on the back right?

However, depending on the type of TV and the game you are trying to play, you will experience varying degrees of lag.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Commode

Just saw the pic of the cable you are trying to use, and that should work, don't know why it wouldn't.

For SNES you can also try the old RF adapters(I personally only use this for my Japanese Famicom, since I have no other option there), you just won't get quite as good as a picture.

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-NES-RF-Adapter-Pc/dp/B00475ABRQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425949931&sr=8-1&keywords=nes+rf+adapter
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.