What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Eh, well I went back and they still have a 3DS or two to sell... except they only have the bundles, which despite having a lot of good stuff (besides the exclusive model, you get a physical copy of Majora's Mask 3DS, an e-guide for it, a download of Link Between Worlds, and I think he mentioned Steam... does the 3DS have Steam for it?), but it costs more than my paycheck, or a Wii-U.

Ah well, it just wasn't meant to be.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

Maybe he was talking about that new 3DS game, Code Name S.T.E.A.M.! It's pretty decent game all things considering. Hard at points, but it did come from the same developers as Fire Emblem.

Spark Of Spirit

I wish I had some spare change to pick that game up. I still want to play the full thing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Replaying Spyro the Dragon for the first time in ages.

Aside from the controls and camera not being perfect, the game holds up very well. It's also pretty tough. I assumed I'd breeze through it but that hasn't been the case.

gunswordfist

The camera too? It doesn't have dual analog support? I expect to consider the controls to be a bit outdated and like the rest of the game myself too.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 26, 2015, 05:26:16 PM
The camera too? It doesn't have dual analog support? I expect to consider the controls to be a bit outdated and like the rest of the game myself too.

It does have analog support, but the camera is controlled by the L2 and R2 buttons, and it's not very good.

Anyway, just beat it. Great game. I still have some levels to complete though to get to the true final level. Spyro was great at replay value and at encouraging collecting everything. I'll do that and then hopefully move onto replaying Spyro 2.

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 28, 2015, 03:23:04 PM
It does have analog support, but the camera is controlled by the L2 and R2 buttons, and it's not very good.
:wth: Sounds like it needs a good remake.

True final level? I don't think I ever even heard about that so I'm guessing I missed it, lol

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 28, 2015, 05:23:01 PM:wth: Sounds like it needs a good remake.

I wouldn't say it needs a remake. The game holds up extremely well thanks to the level design. It just suffers a few flaws that other early 3D platformers do, even the renowned Super Mario 64.

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 28, 2015, 05:23:01 PMTrue final level? I don't think I ever even heard about that so I'm guessing I missed it, lol

You never found Gnasty's Loot? Very fun reward for 100%.

gunswordfist

I'm sure I haven't. It's been at least 15 years so idk lol

Spark Of Spirit

So I recently played through the first stage of the first Syphon Filter game for the first time in near two decades.

Is it weird to say that I found it really fun? I mean, there were issues. Lack of checkpoints when instant death is very possible, it's sometimes very hard to tell what to do if you miss the first explanation of the objective, and some paths in dark areas are hard to see. Those were all gripes. But there was a lot to do and it took me a lot of time to explore the level, and I could carry more than two weapons as well as find ammo for them all. The plot is silly and fun in an old school cheesy blockbuster way,but since I'm one of like five people that find cheese awesome in an un-ironic way, it didn't bother me.

I should play more older shooters.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I haven't played that game in ages. I liked it as a kid, but I have no idea if it still holds up or not.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 30, 2015, 03:31:47 PM
The plot is silly and fun in an old school cheesy blockbuster way,but since I'm one of like five people that find cheese awesome in an un-ironic way, it didn't bother me.
I do too. ;)

talonmalon333

I have a question about future consoles (wasn't sure where to post this).

So, you know how you can buy games digitally on home consoles now? Not just referring to classics like through Virtual Console. I'm talking about how you can buy modern games. The question I have is, will those digital games be able to be transferred to future consoles? Let's say I get a Wii U and purchase a digital copy of, say, Mario Galaxy 2 off of eShop. Then, years later, I get the next Nintendo console. Will I be able to transfer that copy of SMG2 over to the new console, and then the console after that?

Unless this is a question that we simply can't answer yet.

Foggle

Not answerable, unfortunately; it all depends on potentially compatible hardware and a manufacturer's priorities. For instance, PS3 download titles do not work on the PS4, but Wii download titles do work on the Wii U.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on March 30, 2015, 04:08:53 PM
Not answerable, unfortunately; it all depends on potentially compatible hardware and a manufacturer's priorities. For instance, PS3 download titles do not work on the PS4, but Wii download titles do work on the Wii U.

Well that's a shame. Any word on handheld consoles? Or is that also a mystery?