What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I only ever played the demo for the first Syphon Filter game back in the day, but I enjoyed it. I remember later games have problem with instant death headshots, though.

Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 30, 2015, 03:58:16 PM
I have a question about future consoles (wasn't sure where to post this).

So, you know how you can buy games digitally on home consoles now? Not just referring to classics like through Virtual Console. I'm talking about how you can buy modern games. The question I have is, will those digital games be able to be transferred to future consoles? Let's say I get a Wii U and purchase a digital copy of, say, Mario Galaxy 2 off of eShop. Then, years later, I get the next Nintendo console. Will I be able to transfer that copy of SMG2 over to the new console, and then the console after that?

Unless this is a question that we simply can't answer yet.
Everything you buy on the Wii transfers to the Wii U. Sony had it with the Vita but not the PS4. Microsoft has no BC whatsoever in the XBone, all your 360 stuff stays locked to where it is.

Judging by this, I saw BC is pretty much dead outside of Nintendo come next generation.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 30, 2015, 04:11:08 PM
Quote from: Foggle on March 30, 2015, 04:08:53 PM
Not answerable, unfortunately; it all depends on potentially compatible hardware and a manufacturer's priorities. For instance, PS3 download titles do not work on the PS4, but Wii download titles do work on the Wii U.

Well that's a shame. Any word on handheld consoles? Or is that also a mystery?
Vita can play PSP games and PS1 classics and the 3DS can play DSi games and old DS games.

Since Sony will probably not make a new handheld after this, I have no idea where the future will be.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

I hope at least Nintendo keeps it up since I actually intend on buying their future consoles, unlike Sony and Microsoft.

Foggle

Oh yeah, the PS4 doesn't have BC, but I think they have a program that lets you stream PS3 games to it or something. Not a fan of that, but it's better than nothing I guess.

Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 30, 2015, 04:11:08 PM
Well that's a shame. Any word on handheld consoles? Or is that also a mystery?
About the same.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 30, 2015, 04:11:43 PM
Judging by this, I saw BC is pretty much dead outside of Nintendo come next generation.
I honestly don't even trust Nintendo to have it after this gen.

Spark Of Spirit

It's why I'm keeping my PS3 hooked up. I can play the most games with it, so it'll probably be my go-to Sony box from here on out.

My Wii U has all my old VC and new VC games on it with the only issue being that some companies *COUGH*SEGA*COUGH* won't re-release their games on the system or add new console support.

It's a shame how far we've come from PS2 and Wii BC in such a short time.

Foggle

gunswordfist

Ah, Syphon Filter. I used to play the hell out of it and/or its sequels. Mostly multiplayer. I've never beat single player. It's still beyond me why Sony hasn't revived the series. It could be pretty much their own Splinter Cell series and would attract a lot of modern fans. It just makes no sense.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I heard the PS2 SF games were not very good, but I never got around to them.

Quote from: Foggle on March 30, 2015, 04:27:35 PM
I have like 8 consoles hooked up. It's a mess. :lol:
I own an NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Wii, PS3, 360, and now a Wii U. I almost picked up a Master System before I remembered I would have nowhere to put it. It's just not feasible for me to have them all hooked up when I have no room for them all.

That's partially why BC is so important to me.

gunswordfist

Didn't even know there were PS2 games. I just heard about it being on PSP.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Nintendo should do for the original Wii (I wouldn't expect this from the Wii U at all) what Sony recently did. Make VC games available for like 70 cents. But unlike Sony, Nintendo should do it for all of their VC Wii games. Even if just for a day. I'd go crazy and go through my entire list of games for the old consoles, and then repurchase them on VC (at least, the ones that are available which amounts to most of my collection). Then I would just retire those consoles for good. But I know that won't be happening and I really don't expect it to. The cheap side of me does wish there was an easier way to get VC games, though.

I also hate the idea of throwing away $10 dollars anytime I need to buy Wii points. Nintendo sure is impractical sometimes.

Spark Of Spirit

Nintendo has sales on the Wii U. On the Wii, the way the shop is set up, they can't, apparently.

I would simply wait for them to have a bigger library of VC games before those get put on sale more. It would be nice if SNK, Konami/Hudson, and Sega would jump aboard again, too.

Foggle

Thankfully, the Wii U doesn't use a points system anymore.

That PSN flash sale was unprecedented. Never seen something like that on a console before. A Nintendo version would be sick.

Spark Of Spirit

I do wonder how successful it was.

If it got Klonoa a ton of sales then that alone makes it a rousing success.

Commode

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 30, 2015, 04:41:20 PM

Quote from: Foggle on March 30, 2015, 04:27:35 PM
I have like 8 consoles hooked up. It's a mess. :lol:
I own an NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Wii, PS3, 360, and now a Wii U. I almost picked up a Master System before I remembered I would have nowhere to put it. It's just not feasible for me to have them all hooked up when I have no room for them all.

That's partially why BC is so important to me.
I have all of those, with the exception of a Wii(sold both of mine off recently) and PS3(replaced it with a PS4), plus a few others(Famicom, Super Famicom, JVC X'Eye, Atari 2600) spread across two TV's.  Even then it is a little too much.

I had a Master System, traded a top loader NES for it, but I sold it to another friend a year or two back.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

talonmalon333

I have a NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, PS2, PS3, and Genesis hooked up. So we're both at eight, Foggle. I'd like to store away most of those, but like I said before, I don't feel like buying digital copies of games I already own unless they can be gotten cheap.

Quote from: Foggle on March 30, 2015, 04:55:52 PM
Thankfully, the Wii U doesn't use a points system anymore.

How is purchasing now?