What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

I've been trying to play Final Fantasy VIII with the intention of finally finishing it now. But honestly, I feel like it's just one of those games where I have to force myself to play it. Is there any point where it becomes... interesting? The gameplay just does nothing for me.

Spark Of Spirit

If you don't like it at the beginning, the chances of you liking it later are practically nil.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 07, 2015, 06:17:48 PM
If you don't like it at the beginning, the chances of you liking it later are practically nil.

I forget the farthest I've gotten. But what I do remember is that Squall is an annoying character and the gameplay stays mediocre.

Honestly, I feel like the Junction system in VIII is, instead of being deep, is just complicated. And I don't consider that a good thing.

Spark Of Spirit

Avaitor, if you're interested, I can give you a list of Neo Geo games you'd probably enjoy from the VC:

Sengoku 3
The King of Fighters '98
Metal Slug X
Metal Slug 3
Shock Troopers
The Last Blade 2
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Ninja Commando
Spin Master
Magical Drop III
Top Hunter
Baseball Stars 2
Blue's Journey
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Aww yeah, thanks Spark!

I'm also looking for the Metal Slug collection. The next chance I can find it, it's mine!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Be wary that the collection has no classic controller support. If that bothers you.

Foggle

Get the Metal Slug games from the eShop instead if you can. Waggling to throw grenades is horrible, and I believe the Wii version of the Anthology is censored.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on April 08, 2015, 04:49:47 PM
Get the Metal Slug games from the eShop instead if you can. Waggling to throw grenades is horrible, and I believe the Wii version of the Anthology is censored.
:whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Got all the way up to the third world in Maximo. I always manage to forget about how hard this game really is until I get back to it.

But the secret ticket is to simply replay level 1 over and over to get armor, money, and lives, if you run low on any, which softens the blow. Some of those enemy patterns still screw me up even though I should know them by now. It's not like they're all too complicated.  :sweat:

Foggle

Replaying level 1 over and over is how I get enough lives to beat the harder stages in the original Donkey Kong Country!

Kiddington

Oh man, Tropical Freeze is sooooo good. I've had the game since Christmas, and now I'm seriously kicking myself for not diving into it sooner. Dixie and Cranky are welcome additions, and that soundtrack.....good lord that soundtrack.

Love that you can configure the display solely for the gamepad as well, ala Smash 4. At the moment my Wii U isn't hooked up to an HDTV, so the display looks a lot better through those means.

Spark Of Spirit

Spark Of Spirit

The soundtrack to Yoshi's New Island is bad.

Real bad.

Thankfully, Woolly World should have the best Yoshi soundtrack since the original Yoshi's Island, but man, they could do so much better than this.